Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kirk Herbstreit Wants NCAA Football Series to Return

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    video of crazy mama's boy like ram
    Almost every time I watch an old episode of Penn & Teller Bullshit, I think of ram.

I watched one the other day about alien abductions and they showed some REAL moron who was looking for aliens in the crowd at a UFO convention. He was clearly the most disturbed person in a room full of dozens of idiots and he just made me think "that must be what ram is like, a complete fucking moron who is totally out of touch with reality".

You've probably seen it but watch it again. It's in Season 1 (free* on Prime).

*with paid subscription

Loved the Penn & Teller Bullshit show, especially the smack-down they did on Peta, something every "Peta member" should be forced to watch.

Still thinking Giorgio Tsoukalos, minus the suit and with a couple young Asian boys screaming from a closet. The first sixteen seconds, it's like Ram saw this video years ago and replaced "Extra Terrestrials" with "NFL Script."

Last edited by bdoughty; 01-22-2016 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Loved the Penn & Teller Bullshit show, especially the smack-down they did on Peta, something every "Peta member" should be forced to watch.

Still thinking Giorgio Tsoukalos, minus the suit and with a couple young Asian boys screaming from a closet. The first sixteen seconds, it's like Ram saw this video years ago and replaced "Extra Terrestrials" with "NFL Script."

Yep. I always loved Bullshit. I think I've seen just about all of them (the Peta one is great, btw) but I recently started going through them one by one and I'm going to watch the whole series as I'm certain there are a few I haven't seen.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    another millions/billion dollar company doesnt make mistakes like that. It has nothing to with a conspiracy. They wouldnt do that on facebook and then have Kirk comment unless the ball was already rolling.
    I wasn't aware that a billion-dollar company, operated by humans, was infallible. They make so much money that they become perfect and are incapable of making mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I wasn't aware that a billion-dollar company, operated by humans, was infallible. They make so much money that they become perfect and are incapable of making mistakes.
    They don't make mistakes. Not ever. Never.

Spoiler: show

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Almost every time I watch an old episode of Penn & Teller Bullshit, I think of ram.

I watched one the other day about alien abductions and they showed some REAL moron who was looking for aliens in the crowd at a UFO convention. He was clearly the most disturbed person in a room full of dozens of idiots and he just made me think "that must be what ram is like, a complete fucking moron who is totally out of touch with reality".

You've probably seen it but watch it again. It's in Season 1 (free* on Prime).

*with paid subscription
    Love that show!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    another millions/billion dollar company doesnt make mistakes like that. It has nothing to with a conspiracy. They wouldnt do that on facebook and then have Kirk comment unless the ball was already rolling.
    I promise you, with 100% certainty, you have no idea what you're talking about in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I promise you, with 100% certainty, you have no idea what you're talking about in every instance.
    Tweaked for 100% accuracy.

I promise you, with 100% certainty, you have no idea what you're talking about in this instance.
    Ram's response: Either you're lying or EA just isn't ready to tell you yet.

I get something similar to that every time I use my athletic trainer expertise to rebuke his claims.

NFL Tour was pretty fun actually
    The dude abides.

I had the 1st 2 NFL Streets games and the 1st 3 NBA Streets games

Ram's response: Either you're lying or EA just isn't ready to tell you yet.

I get something similar to that every time I use my athletic trainer expertise to rebuke his claims.
    Nah, G's just been bought off by EA. How do you think they guys keep getting games and codes from EA to giveaway?

Do you think my idea of rating position groups could work for a randomized roster?

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    Do you think my idea of rating position groups could work for a randomized roster?
    It likely wouldn't sell very well.

Until EA can either pay players (either a stipend or a trust for after they graduate) or are allowed for players to sign an optional waiver to release their rights, I don't foresee this game coming back.

It likely wouldn't sell very well.

Until EA can either pay players (either a stipend or a trust for after they graduate) or are allowed for players to sign an optional waiver to release their rights, I don't foresee this game coming back.
    Are they absolutely sure that people are buying the game for the names on the back and not the names on the front? Did they survey that?

Thinking it over, I'm of the opinion that if they put out a game with generic rosters at this point it would sell VERY well.

In year 1.

People are starved for NCAA and I think the next version that comes out (if that happens) will shatter sales records for the series, no matter what the content is. But I think sales would dry up after year one if there were generic rosters.

Rosters aren't much of a big deal for dynasty players. They main names are mostly gone after a year or two.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Are they absolutely sure that people are buying the game for the names on the back and not the names on the front? Did they survey that?
    That has always been the selling point for me. I wanted play as OU the team far more than as the players currently enrolled at OU. Rosters were icing on the cake but I could have lived with making my OU starting roster and having everything else generic. As JB mentions, roster names are pretty useless for dynasty owners after a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    NFL Tour was pretty fun actually