Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: Does the NCAA Football franchise have a pulse? (Update: No.)

• Facebook
  • Display
    I'm absolutely furious right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh well. That's puts the PS4 plans back to November. I'd get it in July of a new NCAA dropped this year.

Quote Originally Posted by OLATHExSOONER View Post
    I'm angry as all get out. I can't believe this happened.

I'm absolutely furious right now.

HAHAHAHA!! Hey man, I could be worse, I could be Gedden...

Well, at least with no NCAA 17 we don't have to deal with that annoying surprise onside kick that Alabama did tonight.

You guys crack me up.

NCAA is DEAD unless/until. NCAA (or whatever group takes over should the NCAA implode) allows athletes to be paid

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    You guys crack me up.

NCAA is DEAD unless/until. NCAA (or whatever group takes over should the NCAA implode) allows athletes to be paid
    Plot twist: Joe Montana and Damon Grow are conspiring with the illuminati to rule the world.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Terrible PR
    Sadly, par for the course.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Does the NCAA Football franchise have a pulse?

You guys crack me up.

Doesn't have to be that way. I can make generic rosters myself.
    Last edited by souljahbill; 01-12-2016 at 10:43 AM.

You guys crack me up.

No shit, Sherlock.

I don't think many here would believe otherwise.

They could easily create a game with fictional conference names, teams, and generic rosters with the ability to go online and customize all names, like they did with team creation.

RIP NCAA

I miss NCAA terribly. However, living without it I am playing more video games than ever before. I found out there is so much great stuff out there re: next gen games that I would never have payed if NCAA were still alive.

NBA 2K has been the only game I've played with any kind of regularity since NCAA's demise. NCAA was the only game that I could log hours and upon hours and never get bored.

If anyone wins powerball tomorrow, your first purchase is to buy the rights to NCAA football from EA. Then sell them to Sony or Microsoft, with the condition that you are in the design team.

You guys crack me up.

This is my theory...I think there is some kind of resolution coming. I think the 'heartbeat' meant what we all thought it meant but I also don't think EA was lying when they said they had no news or nothing to report.

It'll be interesting to see if there are any announcements concerning the case in the next few weeks. Maybe EA got word of something...something good and thus the 'heartbeat'.

Or the PR guy is just an idiot. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    This is my theory...I think there is some kind of resolution coming. I think the 'heartbeat' meant what we all thought it meant but I also don't think EA was lying when they said they had no news or nothing to report.

It'll be interesting to see if there are any announcements concerning the case in the next few weeks. Maybe EA got word of something...something good and thus the 'heartbeat'.

Or the PR guy is just an idiot. Lol
    This seems to be pastapadre's view. I would really like to agree but it's EA and I just can't trust them. Until they announce that NCAA is returning, I'm gonna assume it's dead for good.

Can anybody explain to me what exactly the deal is with college athletes being paid? When will this be decided? I can't grasp what's happening at all.

Can anybody explain to me what exactly the deal is with college athletes being paid? When will this be decided? I can't grasp what's happening at all.

It's simple:

#1 NCAA rules PROHIBIT student athletes for being paid $ b/c they believe college sports should be about amateurism

#2 Former disgruntled (and losers in life b/c they blew their education and have no money now) athletes sued the NCAA and EA for using their "likeness" (legal term of art) in video games without permission/compensation in a very liberal venue (San Fransico)

#3 The liberal judge ruled on every procedural motion in favor of the plaintiffs/athletes showing a clear sign that the only chance the NCAA/EA had to win was to lose and appeal all the way up to the United States Supreme Court (assuming the Court would take the case)

#4 In stead of spending millions of dollars in legal fees EA settled and the plaintiffs got a couple hundred bucks each their lawyers made millions and EA got out of the business of making college/NCAA video games

The NCAA is not likely to EVER budge on the athletes being paid issue its a fundamental principle of their organization. As such you are likely to NEVER see another college sports game unless the "big schools" leave and form some new organization that will permit the students to be paid then I'm sure EA will be 1st in line to try to sign exclusive rights to make the games and pay the students for their names/likeness in the games.

All they have to do is have a complete roster generator that creates a new roster the first time the game loads. This makes it impossible to claim the likeness issue because every roster will be different for every person, and a judge isn't going to rule in favor of one isolated incident.

EA should choose to focus on position groups instead of the players themselves. They could rate each position group in how good they are compared to the rest of the country on a scale of 1-10 stars, and then use that star rating to help shape their randomly created rosters. It would help get everyone's randomly generated rosters somewhat close and ensure that Alabama's starting o-line isn't rated in the 60's.

Position groups are the way to go, as then they could start throwing in personalities (good and bad) too. LSU's dbs could be labeled as physical, big hitters, ball hawks. Their qb's could though could have below average accuracy, easily rattled, game managers. The only thing locked in on the roster template would be how many players are in each position group. It's an easy fix.