Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watch Dogs 2

• Facebook
  • Display

Watch Dogs 2

Kotaku reporting that Watch Dogs 2 maybe out in late 2016, replacing Ubisoft's traditional Assassin's Creed release.

A possible Ubisoft substitution for this fall’s big Assassin’s Creed could be Watch Dogs 2, which we hear will be out later this year and set in San Francisco.

Really hope that's true. I loved the original. I thought the concept was so refreshing and unique.

Still never played the original. Seemed like mixed reviews on it.

It was passable and had a few interesting ideas. The lead character had the personality of a rake. Best part of the game was a mini-game. They better bring this back in the sequel.

Actually finished the main story in this one (which is rare for me in an open world game). The characters were horribly done but there is a decent game there if done right.

I didn't think the game lived up to the (unreasonable) hype, but I did enjoy it. If it takes the same leap Assassin's Creed did from the original to sequel, it should be a damn good game.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I didn't think the game lived up to the (unreasonable) hype, but I did enjoy it. If it takes the same leap Assassin's Creed did from the original to sequel, it should be a damn good game.
    Now let's be fair to Ubisoft and give them all of the blame for the "unreasonable hype." When you make big downgrades to games, you kinda pushed it on yourself. Then going as far as claiming it was not downgraded, when anyone with eyes was capable of saying otherwise.

It definitely didn't live up to the hype. I never finished it either. I like it, but felt like it needed more.
    The dude abides.

I think you guys are being a little too tough on the game. Personally I thought it was great. It was like GTA except with the protagonist as a "good guy." The hacking was a fresh and unique concept and the story was very enjoyable with a bitter-sweet ending. Visuals could have been better and dialogue was pretty weak IMO but the rest made for an enjoyable title.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I think you guys are being a little too tough on the game. Personally I thought it was great. It was like GTA except with the protagonist as a "good guy." The hacking was a fresh and unique concept and the story was very enjoyable with a bitter-sweet ending. Visuals could have been better and dialogue was pretty weak IMO but the rest made for an enjoyable title.
    Good Guy?

Spoiler: show
    Hacks into hotel, like most good guys, to steal a ton of money. Gets caught by a better hacker. Events lead to a hit on him that gets his Niece killed. Most of the game is played with Aiden being a complete dick. Did you not ever steal credit card info from unknowing individuals? Evade police while hacking into the traffic system to cause collisions with police and innocent drivers? Spied on people? Used the explosive hacks that kill a few innocent bystanders? To name a few.

Hacking through multiple cameras and creating distractions was really fresh and fun. Only to be shot down by having the final hacking stage based on pipe fitting flash games that have existed long before Watch Dogs was even a concept.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 01-07-2016 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Good Guy?

Spoiler: show
    Hacks into hotel, like most good guys, to steal a ton of money. Gets caught by a better hacker. Events lead to a hit on him that gets his Niece killed. Most of the game is played with Aiden being a complete dick. Did you not ever steal credit card info from unknowing individuals? Evade police while hacking into the traffic system to cause collisions with police and innocent drivers? Spied on people? Used the explosive hacks that kill a few innocent bystanders? To name a few.

Hacking through multiple cameras and creating distractions was really fresh and fun. Only to be shot down by having the final hacking stage based on pipe fitting flash games that have existed long before Watch Dogs was even a concept.
    The dude abides.

Agreed this thing was WAAAAY overhyped and never lived up to that hype, but damn did I have fun with this game. It really was a true change and breath of fresh air compared to all the usual games that come out year after year. It was different, new and fresh. I'm actually tempted to fire it up and play through the story a second time now.

Nice! Will get this for sure. #1 gave me a good 100+ hours of fun. San Fran should make for an excellent setting.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    San Fran should make for an excellent setting.
    In GTA it was but Rockstar is not a bunch of PC loving, overly sensitive twats. This is Ubisoft so there goes seeing homeless people pissing in the streets and a mini game allowing you to shoot the tires off hipster douche-bag cyclists acting like they own the road. As we have found out the main character is a black hacker. I am honestly more interested in seeing how certain groups react to a user controlled black character getting shot down by cops or more importantly if Ubisoft just removes gunplay and cop chases from the game. Ten plus years ago when we played GTA San Andreas, most people I know had no issue playing as CJ. Sure it might have been odd for some and there were always the racists out there that had to have a friend secretly buy the game so they could play it in mom's basement ... So we really only had racists complaining about a black character.

Now all the crazy gets to come out to have their word.

My anticipation is tepid at best. Hopefully they let us cross the bridge to play around in Oakland and Bezerkley.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 06-07-2016 at 01:48 AM.

November 15th release date according to IGN.

Never finished the first one. I think I got pretty far though.
    The dude abides.

Trailer has been leaked.

http://webm.land/media/EoeM.webm

Youtube below will probably go down soon.

I have no idea what I just watched or listened to. If someone told me it was an April Fools Joke I would probably agree.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Trailer has been leaked.

http://webm.land/media/EoeM.webm

Youtube below will probably go down soon.

I have no idea what I just watched or listened to. If someone told me it was an April Fools Joke I would probably agree.
    Yep too slow for me
    The dude abides.

Includes Developer Commentary and the Cinematic Trailer starting at 2:54.