Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NBA LIVE 16 Game Update 1.04 Now Available

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    The last patch fixed that. I never saw guys missing their shirts until this new patch.
    I've been seeing it all along, but I spend most of my time on LUT.
    The dude abides.

I hadn't seen it offline since the early patch. I think the demo was the only time I saw it until now. I still only see it very sporadically but I'm surprised EA didn't see that before releasing.

I hadn't seen it offline since the early patch. I think the demo was the only time I saw it until now. I still only see it very sporadically but I'm surprised EA didn't see that before releasing.
    Wonder if it is mainly a LUT thing then. I play a good deal of Live Run, Rising Star, and Summer Circuit, and I think I have lately just seen it on LUT with regularity.
    The dude abides.

What camera angle do you guys use? I have always preferred EA broadcast. It is far out but I like the angle and want to see the floor. It would be nice if you had zoom options so I could get it a bit closer.

Does the shot contest slider do anything? I was messing around with it and at 0 or 100 (against me) I did not see any change in the shot percentage. I think the mid range ratings on some guards are way too low. I shouldn't have a guard who is under 20% on mid range shots imo.

The shot contest slider is broken. Does nothing. At 0 or 100 or anything in between I see no difference in the shot percentages displayed or results from my eye ball test.

I think the contested shot is affected a bit too much. This article (https://www.numberfire.com/nba/news/...age-in-the-nba) shows how an open jump shot (8' or more) goes in 40% vs 30% for a highly contested shot. There isn't a huge difference although if teams are putting up 50 jump shots a night getting a quarter less baskets to fall is huge. In Live it seems that jump shots lose 15% or more when contested (and not even red contested, just in the vicinity) from my observations. It depends where on the floor but it seems to have a bigger impact on the shots further away. But you can set the shot contest slider anywhere you want and it does nothing. Disappointing. I'd like to get slider increments in 5 points too. If they can add a slider to a patch (dribble frequency) they should be able to change a lot of things.

What camera angle do you guys use? I have always preferred EA broadcast. It is far out but I like the angle and want to see the floor. It would be nice if you had zoom options so I could get it a bit closer.
    I have been using Baseline High primarily this year. That is a change from the past where in standard games I used one of the sideline cams and baseline in Rising Star. Between Pro-Am & Rising Star in 16, I've just been using Baseline High in all modes.

Does the shot contest slider do anything? I was messing around with it and at 0 or 100 (against me) I did not see any change in the shot percentage. I think the mid range ratings on some guards are way too low. I shouldn't have a guard who is under 20% on mid range shots imo.
    I've yet to play with sliders much, but what do you think the slider should do? Based on name alone, I wonder if it is supposed to dictate how often or well the defense will contest shots or perhaps the effect on shots when they do get a contest.

I've actually been using EA action the past while. I like it although the spacing at the top of the floor is tougher.

Per Dev via WTF - "Shot Contest Impact - Raises or lowers the percentage hit to a shot's probability when a defensive player is contesting the shot". I am not seeing the percentages change. I don't think it impacts the guarded defence either.

Per Dev via WTF - "Shot Contest Impact - Raises or lowers the percentage hit to a shot's probability when a defensive player is contesting the shot". I am not seeing the percentages change. I don't think it impacts the guarded defence either.
    Just spit-balling here - any chance the CPU is not contesting or given credit for contesting enough to let slider become a factor?

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Just spit-balling here - any chance the CPU is not contesting or given credit for contesting enough to let slider become a factor?
    I don't think so. We had my family over for dinner and we were playing with Steph Curry and a guarded 3 percentage was in the low 20s at times. I was using 30 at the time and I really don't think the slider has any impact. I'd love for an EA Dev to double check it but I really don't think it does anything. I will try 100 again tomorrow as maybe there is a small reverse effect. But I think it's useless. I should be able to tell the difference between 0 and 100 easily.

I think the shot contest slider does work but it's weak and reversed. At 100 it seems to be a smaller effect than 0 on jump shooters but still affects them significantly. Overall I wish the sliders were in at least five point increments and more powerful. The blocking and stealing sliders are weak too although stealing is more about passing lanes.

These are my current sliders on Superstar. I prefer this as it makes rim defence and cpu perimeter better. Cpu shooting gets a boost on Superstar which is why I knock them down one notch. I'm pretty much set with these now. I'm 3-2 in my 29 game Pistons franchise. Hit the 3 ball well to upset the Clippers in my last game. Both of us had less than 50% of our points in the paint.

SUPERSTAR
    SLIDERS HUM CPU
    Inside Shooting 40 30
    Medium Range Shooting 40 30
    Three Point Shooting 40 30
    Free Throw Shooting 50 50
    Post Shooting 10 0
    Layup Shooting 10 0
    Post Move 30 40
    Dunk Frequency 30 30
    Blocking Foul Frequency 80 80
    Charging Foul Frequency 80 80
    Reach-In Foul Frequency 80 80
    Jump Shot Foul Frequency 80 80
    Post Shot Foul Frequency 80 80
    Layup Foul Frequency 80 80
    Dunk Foul Frequency 80 80
    Offensive In Air Collision Frequency 100 100
    Offensive On Ground Collision Frequency 100 100
    Defensive In Air Collision Frequency 100 100
    Defensive On Ground Collision Frequency 100 100
    Steal Success 100 100
    Alley-Oop Success 50 100
    Shot Off Dribble Impact 50 50
    Shot Contest Impact 100 100
    Shot Blocking Ability 100 100
    Offensive Rebound Frequency 80 80
    Off Ball Pushoff Frequency 70 70
    Off ball Pushoff Success 70 70
    Off ball Jostle Success 0 0
    Jostle vs Blow By 0 0
    Dribble Move Reaction Frequency 50 50
    Last edited by Rudy; 12-07-2015 at 06:17 AM.

I've gone back to all Star. Defence is better now and I was getting my butt kicked hard too often.

I am 7-6 in my 29 game dynasty. I traded KCP for Devin Booker two games ago. He's two points worse and isn't good at the basket or as good on defence but he's a much better three point shooter. A bit slow. I like checking out the stats and tendencies before each game in the preview.

The crowd started booing me at home at 0-0. What the heck? And later I heard boos when leading 10-9. Now I went ice cold in the 2nd quarter and can expect that but why on earth was I hearing boos at that time? I was 7-6 and fell to 7-7 but for the Pistons that should be OK.

I assume those were bugs, Rudy....or just a very unruly crowd.

Any word on a new patch to fix the missing shirts?