Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2015 Week 13

• Facebook
  • Display

College Football 2015 Week 13

Sadly nearing the end of another regular season. Just two weeks remaining (three if you count Army-Navy week).

No Wednesday game this week, but every other day is covered for our final week of middle of the week football.

USM at LA Tech for C-USA West

Marshall at WKU for C-USA East

Winners play for C-USA the following week (I REALLY hope it's scripted in our favor).

UL goes to App St. It's been an underwhelming season for the Cajuns.

Texas A&M comes to Baton Rouge. Les Miles needs this W to quiet the critics.

It's also Bayou Classic weekend. Growing up in New Orleans, I know downtown and the French Quarter are going to be packed with Southern and Grambling fans.

Go Irish!

Massive week for Navy. Navy at Houston on Friday, for all the marbles in the American West.

Winner clinches the West Division and according to the American Twitter feed, the winner of Navy-Houston will also end up hosting the AAC Championship Game regardless of what Temple or South Florida do this week.

The game will also be broadcast nationally on ABC, so Navy's gonna have the entire nation watching as they attempt to keep the magic alive for a trip to the NY6 bowls.

Arkansas State should win out easily with a trip to NMSU and hosting Texas State the following week.

I'll be more interested if in a down year, four Sun Belt teams can get bowl eligible. ASU, App St., & Georgia Southern have clinched bowl berth.

USA needs to win one of App & GA So, ULL needs to beat both Troy & App, and GA St. needs to beat both GA So & Troy.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Pour one out for some of the great Thanksgiving weekend rivalry games of yore.

Texas vs Aggie
    Nebraska and Colorado (Friday).

Now for this week, dreaming of a complete clusterfuck as we get near the playoffs.

Go Stanford!
    Go Nebraska!
    Go Michigan!
    Go Auburn! (fat chance)
    Go South Carolina (now that would an upset)
    Go Florida State!
    Go TCU!
    Go away, concussion! Appears Baker Mayfield has passed the concussion tests on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Pour one out for some of the great Thanksgiving weekend rivalry games of yore.

Texas vs Aggie
    Nebraska and Colorado (Friday).
    HOW DID YOU NOT SAY OKLAHOMA?

Some close and crazy lines for games:

Iowa only a 2.5-3 pt favorite in Lincoln.

FSU-UF is only a PK/-2 for FSU?

Yes, Nebraska and OU played Thanksgiving weekend games but the last one was 1995 (had to look that up). Not to mention the game was played the weekend before Thanksgiving quite often. NB/CU was the game to watch on Friday after Thanksgiving until they left the Big 12. For Sooners Thanksgiving weekend means Bedlam now, most years anyway.

Edit: Bah, I am just getting old and senile. Should have had it on my list.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 11-23-2015 at 12:19 AM.

Michigan beats Ohio State
    Penn State beats Michigan State
    Michigan beats Iowa in the BIG champ.
    Michigan is 2 loss team in final 4

North Carolina beats Clemson next week

Alabama/Notre Dame/Oklahoma/Michigan..is much sexier than

Clemson/Iowa/Oklahoma/Alabama..or Stanford or who ever else is around
    Last edited by ram29jackson; 11-25-2015 at 04:10 PM.

The Longhorns and Cowboys losing on the same day. Christmas came early this year.

I think the amazing run is coming to an end today. Navy is just getting bent over right now by Houston. Houston is defending the triple option pretty damn solidly, and Navy can't do shit to slow and stop Houston's offense.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I think the amazing run is coming to an end today. Navy is just getting bent over right now by Houston. Houston is defending the triple option pretty damn solidly, and Navy can't do shit to slow and stop Houston's offense.
    Yep.

Which does not help the Irish.

I'd love to drop a nice steaming turd on Iowa's plans today. I'm not holding my breath, not expecting us to win, but I sure as hope we knock them right out of the playoffs.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Yep.

Which does not help the Irish.
    Nor does it help my desires of Navy in a NY6 bowl. If Navy doesn't pull a win out of their ass here, it's off to the Military Bowl. They won't win the West, they won't play for the AAC Championship, and they won't go bowling on New Year's.

And seeing as how they just let Houston score again to go up by 21 in the 4th quarter, Navy is done and roasted.

So this is what it feels like to get horse fucked. I guess I can relate with our resident Nebraska fans now.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I'd love to drop a nice steaming turd on Iowa's plans today. I'm not holding my breath, not expecting us to win, but I sure as hope we knock them right out of the playoffs.
    There's only 1 school I hate more than Iowa and that's Memphis. Fuck Iowa. Go Huskers!

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    There's only 1 school I hate more than Iowa and that's Memphis. Fuck Iowa. Go Huskers!
    Why?

Personally, I hope Iowa makes the playoffs. If I had my way, it'd be Clemson, Iowa, Notre Dame and maybe Michigan State. In that scenario there's no one that I HATE that could win it all. I'm so fucking sick of Alabama and Ohio State and I'd rather not have Oklahoma either.

I'd like to see someone that has never won or has not won in a very long time win.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Why?

Personally, I hope Iowa makes the playoffs. If I had my way, it'd be Clemson, Iowa, Notre Dame and maybe Michigan State. In that scenario there's no one that I HATE that could win it all. I'm so fucking sick of Alabama and Ohio State and I'd rather not have Oklahoma either.

I'd like to see someone that has never won or has not won in a very long time win.
    They sued us because they claimed our old logo looked too similar to theirs. They won in court and now we have a new logo.
    http://brandchannel.com/2011/08/03/l...-golden-eagle/
    New Logo:
    So yeah, Fuck Iowa!
    Last edited by souljahbill; 11-27-2015 at 04:52 PM.