Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: College Football 2015 Week 13

• Facebook
  • Display

I do agree with Texas being a bad enough loss to keep someone out of the playoffs unless everyone in the nation has two losses.
    The dude abides.

All out of birds for you JB. Will just leave this here.

You lost to PURDUE! Gave up 55 points to PURDUE! You and CDJ automatically lost the right to state your opinion about anything related to championships or winning or anything remotely football related on that very day.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 11-30-2015 at 02:07 PM.

The performance of our team has nothing to do with our ability to state a fact.
    The dude abides.

PURDUE

I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    PURDUE

I rest my case.
    1-loss teams:

Alabama - lost to Ole Miss by 6 when they were #15

Ohio State - Lost to Michigan State by 3 when they were #9

Michigan State - Lost to Nebraska, how do you do that?

North Carolina - Lost to South Carolina in week 1 they finished 3-9

Bama should definitely be ahead of Oklahoma, and Ohio State would be if the loss wasn't so late. If Michigan State ends up winning the B1G, they should be ahead of Oklahoma too.
    The dude abides.

Agree on Bama, Clemson (assuming they both with their championship game) and the winner of the B10 game. That leaves the 4th spot to OU.

Oh and Texas beating OU is a fact, as you stated above. The rest is opinion. So fact away...

I think Ohio State not playing in a championship game is > than Oklahoma not playing in a championship game.
    The dude abides.

Ohio State's performance over the season might say otherwise. 7 point wins over two unranked teams (No Illinois and Indiana). Struggled with Minnesota and the Illinois game was close until the 4th. (also unranked)

Ohio State played 2 Top 25 teams
    Oklahoma played 5 Top 25 teams

Oklahoma manhandled every team, outside of Texas, that was not top 25. Ohio St, not so much.

Ohio State's performance over the season might say otherwise. 7 point wins over two unranked teams (No Illinois and Indiana). Struggled with Minnesota and the Illinois game was close until the 4th. (also unranked)

Ohio State played 2 Top 25 teams
    Oklahoma played 5 Top 25 teams

Oklahoma manhandled every team, outside of Texas, that was not top 25. Ohio St, not so much.
    Yeah, but they didn't lose any of those games. Y'all lost to Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, but they didn't lose any of those games. Y'all lost to Texas.
    Yes, we have confirmed that OU lost to Texas. That much has been made abundantly clear. It was a really bad game but we played others, hence the look at the full body of work. I really should not be arguing, they are a lock to get in.

Yes, we have confirmed that OU lost to Texas. That much has been made abundantly clear. It was a really bad game but we played others, hence the look at the full body of work. I really should not be arguing, they are a lock to get in.
    A full body of work that includes a loss to Texas.

And a body of work where Oklahoma faced backup QB's

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Y'all can kill Oklahoma all y'all want but they're a one loss conference champ that beat 3 Top 25 teams pretty handily in a row to end the season. Only Alabama, UNC, and Michigan St. will be able to make that claim next week and UNC won't be getting in over them with a loss to 3-9 South Carolina and 2 FCS wins.

Oklahoma is in. No point arguing about it unless you just feel like fussing.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Y'all can kill Oklahoma all y'all want but they're a one loss conference champ that beat 3 Top 25 teams pretty handily in a row to end the season. Only Alabama, UNC, and Michigan St. will be able to make that claim next week and UNC won't be getting in over them with a loss to 3-9 South Carolina and 2 FCS wins.

That's fine and all, but they lost to Texas.

That's fine and all, but they lost to Texas.
    When we KNEW Texas sucked. In week one we didn't know South Carolina was gonna shit the bed

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    When we KNEW Texas sucked. In week one we didn't know South Carolina was gonna shit the bed

Exactly! No one saw that coming from South Carolina this season. Plus it was way back in week one, when teams are raw as hell. Texas already was long sucking more than a $5 hooker by the Oklahoma lost to them.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post

We lost to Texas. It's like a Shakespearean tragedy, that breaks away at the last minute by the Playoff committee saving the flawed, yet honorable Oklahoma from self-destruction (i.e. a New Years Day Bowl Game).