Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Detroit: Become Human (PS4)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Oh I'm gonna love this game! Just finished the first mission.

Spoiler: show
    I chose the honest route with the cop's gun, reasoned with the android, won his trust after taking the friendly approach and dismissing the helicopter and got him to release the girl by himself, right before the snipers deactivated his ass by high velocity force.

6 possible endings you can have just on the first mission alone, and that doesn't even take into account future decisions that will have to be made that will have cross-chapter impacts.

It's gonna probably take a couple dozen replays just to experience all the outcomes from the first mission to the very last.

You can also see world and friend stats on the after mission flowchart. Turns out I'm one of only 10% to obey the android's demand and leave the wounded cop alone instead of ignoring him and applying a tourniquet. Good news for the fish, 62% of the world players have so far saved the fish!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Damn, such massively contrasting stories going on, jumping between Todd, Alice and Kara, Carl and Markus, and Hank and Collin.

The first couple missions are generally rather linear and straight forward, but now that I'm on the second go around with Todd, Alice and Kara, the flow chart is starting to get a lot bigger and a lot more branchy.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Oh I'm gonna love this game! Just finished the first mission.
    I had the same result as you did on my demo playthrough.

However, on retail....
    I chose self-sacrifice and killed Connor off.

Completed opening mission, Kara's opening, and the one going to the mall. Not too far in yet.

The mouths may be off at times talking, but generally speaking the faces are so good in this game they run circles around those in EA, EA SPORTS, 2K Sports, etc. titles. Other companies are going to have to improve their face scanning tech & implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I had the same result as you did on my demo playthrough.

However, on retail....
    I chose self-sacrifice and killed Connor off.

Completed opening mission, Kara's opening, and the one going to the mall. Not too far in yet.
    Yeah, I'm gonna have fun going back on a replay, and trying different methods and seeing the outcomes. I got to the beginning of chapter 11 Thursday night/Friday morning before I called it a night. Looking forward to diving back in sometime this weekend.

The mouths may be off at times talking, but generally speaking the faces are so good in this game they run circles around those in EA, EA SPORTS, 2K Sports, etc. titles. Other companies are going to have to improve their face scanning tech & implementation.
    I'm imoressed at how good the faces are. Other companies could absolutely take some lessons for this game. This is the level of face and body qualities I want in every game.

Not sure what chapter I got to this morning (pretty sure you are ahead of me), but...

In the interrogation room, I killed Connor again. It's like Groundhog Day for this poor guy.

Not sure what chapter I got to this morning (pretty sure you are ahead of me), but...

In the interrogation room, I killed Connor again. It's like Groundhog Day for this poor guy.
    You're actually pretty close to where I am. I'm just starting my third chapter with Markus, so I think the interrogation was chapter 9 or 10.

Poor Conner.

Watching Gassymexican stream last night on twitch. He was doing the mission at the robot whore house. The hookerbots... lol. The game looks like a lot of fun.

Finished 1st playthrough and it's def Cage's best game. Not sure if I like it more than until dawn or not but it's a must play for anyone in the choose your story/interactive movie genre.

I finally played the demo. It was pretty cool. I don’t get why we have to have all these funky right stick analog controls at times mixed in with the touchpad when you could just do simple buttons though. Maybe just to break up the monotony? It took me 3-4 tries to save the girl without dying. It’s kind of nerve racking though because you don’t know if you have enough time to look around or save the girl. I’ve never really been a big fan of these interactive movie type of games but this has me intrigued.

Can you get a do-over in the regular game or are you stuck with things? I may look to find a cheap copy sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I finally played the demo. It was pretty cool. I don’t get why we have to have all these funky right stick analog controls at times mixed in with the touchpad when you could just do simple buttons though. Maybe just to break up the monotony? It took me 3-4 tries to save the girl without dying. It’s kind of nerve racking though because you don’t know if you have enough time to look around or save the girl. I’ve never really been a big fan of these interactive movie type of games but this has me intrigued.

Can you get a do-over in the regular game or are you stuck with things? I may look to find a cheap copy sooner than later.
    No do overs (that I am aware of). In my opinion it's either the best or 2nd best in this genre depending on your preference of story (until dawn).

That said other than the story there isn't much to make someone who doesn't like this genre to all of a sudden like it.

Ive never really been interested in these games in the past but I did like the short demo. Plus there is nothing new this summer. No sales right now though. Trying to find a used copy.

Picked up the game. I was going to play on Experienced. Read some people prefer casual. Thoughts?

Can I quit at any time when I need to get ready for work? Can't manage save files or kick it in so I hope I can. I just finished cleaning a house lol.

Damn it! In two straight chapters I have 2 of my 3 characters die (I think). I think one is coming back. Had a very intense scene with Kara. Enjoying it so far. I turned the sub titles off. They just distract and I can understand everything that is said. Not necessary.

I really don’t like the motion controls. They aren’t used that much but I really prefer the buttons, touch pad or sticks. When it asks for motion stuff like turning my controller sideways it’s not responsive well and it bugs me. Next time I play I am picking casual difficulty and maybe those stupid things won’t pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Damn it! In two straight chapters I have 2 of my 3 characters die (I think). I think one is coming back. Had a very intense scene with Kara. Enjoying it so far. I turned the sub titles off. They just distract and I can understand everything that is said. Not necessary.

I really don’t like the motion controls. They aren’t used that much but I really prefer the buttons, touch pad or sticks. When it asks for motion stuff like turning my controller sideways it’s not responsive well and it bugs me. Next time I play I am picking casual difficulty and maybe those stupid things won’t pop up.
    Yeah, I had issues with the motion controls. My controller is the same one that came with my PS4 when I bought it in May 2014. So stuff like motion controls don't work that well with it, especially when it comes to tilting it sideways or forwards and backwards.

I’m really enjoying the game so far. I like seeing the flowcharts and world stats on decisions. I really question some of my choices and it’s hard knowing a choice took me down a different path. It will definitely make me interested in playing it again. A couple decisions lately with Connor and Markus have eaten away at me lol. I think I’m getting closer to the end.

Markus character has gotten more interesting. Right now Connor is my favourite, especially with Hank. Kara is next and Markus last.

Well I finished the game and it was a great game. I thought the game was supposed to be around 10 hours but I probably spent at least 15. I am happy with how Markus and Kara turned out for me. I am bitter about Connor. I messed up a scene and was one of 2% of the population to blow it. I won’t say anything else other than I feel like an idiot and I want to replay the game just to make some different choices. I really liked seeing the world stats and it was really interesting to see how others reacted, especially if you took a low percentage option.

My wife got interested in me talking about the game and she is now playing it too. I’m sad that it is over. Still bitter about Connor. I need to see a different ending. I’m going to redo that last chapter I failed.

Your decisions near the end of the game are so crucial and also have a major impact on your other characters. I’m replaying from a certain chapter and I went from death to survival with one character only to cause a ripple effect and push another character down a different path that ended up getting me killed lol.

I’ll put this on my Christmas list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk