Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday The 13th: The Game (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Great to see you guys enjoying it. I'll have to watch a stream whenever y'all play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    We're you at least getting a handy from one of the female counselors?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I may have been a female. If so, I'm give them out pretty liberally.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I may have been a female. If so, I'm give them out pretty liberally.

The dude abides.

When the servers get completely leveled out (Gun said they thought they were being generous to allow for 30k people to simultaneously play the game but had nearly 75k in the first 20 minutes after launch which "melted" their database) I will definitely stream some, Bill.

Also, guys, I'm in to play this as a group whenever I'm available. I'm quite biased but I love this fucking game!

Anyone with interest in this game should pick it up. You might want to wait for the servers to be straightened out but get it. It is so much fun. I heard the music that alerts you that Jason is near in my sleep last night. That is exactly how I want to live my life.

Agreed, the game is so much fun even solo with random.

The dude abides.

I was having a blast last night. Got in with a great group of about 5 or 6 of us with mics, seemed to all be friends of the NickZill guy I was running with when we tried to get you guys in with us. We ran until 2am when I had to get off to shower and get ready for work, they were still going and hell, may still be going right now even.

Lot of great games. Most as counselor, some as Jason. During the stretch, I was able to escape to the cops once and escape via car twice. Unfortunately my streak of perfection was broken, I'm no longer batting 1.000 as Jason, as two lucky bastards were able to slip away on me via boat on one of the maps. Other than that my handing out of death was still pretty much perfect the rest of the way.

The last game may have been the most memorable. We were playing on Crystal Lake, four of us were able to quickly get the car going and managed to get in and drive off right before Jason could bash the car. We were able to escape, only for me to instantly end up back in the game as Tommy Jarvis. I remembered hearing someone mention the boat had the propeller on and only needed gas. There was two other people alive, I spawned as Tommy near the boat, so quickly found a gas can and got the boat up and running. By that time, one guy had died.

I made my way over by the restrooms to get the last guy alive, someone from our group we were playing with. Led him to the boat, we got in and were motoring toward freedom, my second escape of the game. We were 10 goddamn feet from successfully escaping, starting to celebrate and laugh as we were home free, when suddenly the boat slammed to a stop, Jason suddenly popped his head up over the side of the boat, rocked it and knocked me into the water and dragged me down to my death, then went back and finished off the other guy.

We were all laughing our asses off in the lobby afterwards. Even the guys who were dead or had escaped were apparently sitting there talking about us being home free to escaping while watching us, only for that sudden death. We all were in instant agreement that would be an awesome movie ending, the final two survivors on their way to freedom in a boat, Jason left behind at the campground, finally breathing their first sighs of relief, the ending of the movie seemingly having arrived, only for Jason to suddenly show up from under water and kill the last two survivors. Damn that would be a great ending!

I had time for one more game before I had to get ready for work, but after that ending, that sudden surprise death just feet away from freedom, that was just too fitting an ending to go for one more game and probably get slaughtered in the first 5 minutes, so I decided to let that be my ultimate death for the night.

God this game is like crack. I have probably already topped over 20 hours of playtime since 10pm Friday night. If I have any free time, I'm on that game. Other games, couldn't care less. TV and a 90% full DVR of shows I need to watch, couldn't care less. I just want to be running around Packanack Lodge, Camp Crystal Lake or Higgins Haven hearing that music get louder and louder as I run for my life.

I managed a double escape last night. First, as the passenger in the two seat car.

I did absolutely nothing to help fix the car and another counselor got left behind because I took their spot.

After the escape, I came back as Tommy. I saw that everyone was near the 4 seat car so I made my way there in time to get in as it was starting. There were 5 counselors so 1 was left without a seat and again I had done nothing to repair the car.

Jason stopped the car. We all got out and were all 5 fighting Jason. He couldn't manage to kill anyone because we were all hitting him from all directions every time one of us was grabbed.

We scattered and then reconvened at the car moments later. Again, I got an undeserved seat in the car but again Jason stopped it.

We scattered again and a couple minutes later I hopped in the car by myself, started it and was prepared to leave all 4 of the others behind. Jason stopped the car once again.

I hopped out and spent the last 3 or 4 minutes of the game being pursued by Jason before the clock ran out giving me a double escape. Great stuff!

Apparently, in all the melee I/we unmasked Jason because at the end of the match I got 50xp for unmasking. In all the frantic scramble I didn't even notice he had been unmasked.

This game is as good as I hoped it would be and I had VERY high hopes. I love it!

I've unmasked Jason once. Playing as Buggsy, I was being chased by Jason, had a machete in my hand and was almost out of stamina and couldn't sprint much longer, so since Buggsy has 10/10 strength, I turned on Jason and smacked the fuck out of him with the machete and knocked his mask off in one blow. Picked it up (and got the achievement for picking his mask up) and ran like hell while he was stunned.

Ome game we were so close to killing Jason. We got his mother's sweater and we knocked his mask off, but we must have messed up the order or something when trying to get him on his knees and kill him.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You guys are making me want to pick this up. My only question though.... outside of the first few weeks will it have replayability? In other words, do they have expansions planned for each movie, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    You guys are making me want to pick this up. My only question though.... outside of the first few weeks will it have replayability? In other words, do they have expansions planned for each movie, etc?
    There is a single player mode that will be patched in in a few months. Not DLC, a patch. It is included in the price. That mode will allow you to play offline in the same game that you play online except you will always be Jason and tv's counselors will be bots. There will also be offline missions where, as Jason, you have to kill so many in so much time or kill them all without being spotted etc. Similar to Hit man.

The team has alot of plans for expansion and wants to do all of it. It comes down to how well the game sells.

There is a single player mode that will be patched in in a few months. Not DLC, a patch. It is included in the price. That mode will allow you to play offline in the same game that you play online except you will always be Jason and tv's counselors will be bots. There will also be offline missions where, as Jason, you have to kill so many in so much time or kill them all without being spotted etc. Similar to Hit man.

The team has alot of plans for expansion and wants to do all of it. It comes down to how well the game sells.
    Nice! Now I assume everyone on TGT is playing on PS4?

Nice! Now I assume everyone on TGT is playing on PS4?
    You my knowledge, Smooth, JB and I are the only ones from here playing and yes we're all on PS4.

Well, lets put it this way, I'm currently level 15 (the last unlockable character, one of the Jasons, is level 32 to unlock) and I am dreaming of this game. I have already unloaded probably over 30 hours into it since Friday. I literally spent from 5pm Monday evening to 3am Tuesday morning (an hour ago as of the time of this post) playing it. It's literally all I did the entire evening. The game is that goddamn addictive. It's like freaking crack. Every game is different, nothing is the same from game to game, and when you're with a lobby full of friends with mics, the jokes, the laughs and the chatter makes it so damn fun.

You my knowledge, Smooth, JB and I are the only ones from here playing and yes we're all on PS4.
    Yeah, us there are the only guys from TGT I have seen play the game. Anyone on the fence, I absolutely, 10000% suggest you get it. IT. IS. FUN! I'm trying to talk my best friend into buying the game, I was raving about it in text messages to him yesterday trying to convince him.

Also, I've made a ton of friends in this game. I've added 9 new people to my PS4 friends list since Friday, just from playing this game. I've played with all of them over the last 24 hours, we all team up and chat in game and it is an absolute blast. Maybe a month from now, I may not play it every waking hour, but I have zero doubt I'll still be playing this at least every few days a month or two from now, this game is even more fun than I thought it would be and it is addictive like crack.

So, as I said in my previous post, I played another long stretch from 5pm Monday night to 3am Tuesday morning (an hour and a half ago) with a bunch of friends I've made through the game. This game is just too damn addictive to not want to play.

Of those 10 hours spent playing, we spent probably 70% in private matches with 7 or 8 of us since we had a pretty much full roster of people and private matches are easier to deal with. The final 30% came from midnight to 3am when it was only 5 of us in a group. Actually ended up meeting up with a cool trio of guys for my last couple matches and added each other as friends for future gaming sessions.

A lot of cool moments tonight. One game, on either Higgins Haven or Camp Crystal Lake, somehow we managed to get both cars running and 6 of us somehow managed to slip past Jason without dying and all escaped. Another game, there were four of us in the big car, Jason kept getting in front of us and stopping the car, everyone would bail out and keep Jason occupied, I'd keep restarting the car and we'd advance a couple hundred feet before Jason would stop us again. He probably did that 5 times before we finally were able to stun him and escape in the car. A display of absolute perfect teamwork! I stayed in the driver's seat, everyone else fought Jason and distracted him, I got the car restarted and we all eventually escaped.

Then there was a stretch of three straight games were everyone lived. The one were 6 of us escaped in cars and the last guy outlasted the timer, another one were all 8 of us (including the person who went back in as Tommy Jarvis) escaped via the cops, so the guy playing as Jason ended up with a big fat 0/8 kill score. Then the very next game, we essentially did it again, only one guy got killed, returned as Tommy Jarvis, and then escaped with the rest of us via the cops.

Through hours and hours of being teamed up in this game, a couple of us have gotten so good at communication and learning our way around the maps without having to use the map in-game, there have been times we have been able to get the cops called less than 2 minutes into a game and then successfully escape while Jason hunts down other people in the game.

I just got done playing 10 straight hours, and I'm already anxiously jonesing for my next gaming marathon with Jason. I want to play this game so damn bad right now, lmao.

There is a patch coming Tuesday to PS4 and Wednesday to XB1 that will address the database issues. The patch may already be available for Steam. Hopefully, this adds some more stability.

https://m.facebook.com/Fridaythe13th...82969255051898

By and large, myself and a lot of the guys I've been running with have been really lucky when it comes to bugs and issues. My biggest problems have been lost CP (I've probably lost over 10,000 CP by now from it not registering after games) and the random disconnect or lost connection from party/game host once maybe every 2 or 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    By and large, myself and a lot of the guys I've been running with have been really lucky when it comes to bugs and issues. My biggest problems have been lost CP (I've probably lost over 10,000 CP by now from it not registering after games) and the random disconnect or lost connection from party/game host once maybe every 2 or 3 hours.
    Or us trying to play Sunday afternoon, that was a clusterfuck.

Hopefully I'll have some time to hop on this week, but I'm not sure I will be able to the next couple of nights. Maybe tomorrow night after I upload my podcast.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Or us trying to play Sunday afternoon, that was a clusterfuck.

Hopefully I'll have some time to hop on this week, but I'm not sure I will be able to the next couple of nights. Maybe tomorrow night after I upload my podcast.
    Yeah, I forgot about that clusterfuck. We'll definitely have to try again. I've got enough new people added as friends for Friday the 13th that we should be able to get a full 8 man lobby and play private matches, so it'll make everything much easier.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Speaking of what jaymo was asking about expansion....

Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun. My son has heard about this game. I don't know about that for him. He turns 13 on Halloween.