Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday The 13th: The Game (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display

I'm live streaming right now!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Only played one match last night and got killed fairly quickly. Of course, I was a bit over the limit from having met some friends to watch the Penguins 2OT game 7 win in the Eastern Conference Final.

I think I'm heading to a convention in Dallas today to meet Sean S. Cunningham and the guys from Gun Media. If I do go I'm not staying overnight so I should be back around midnight to play some more.

Jason Lives!

Got another match in this morning and I played as J3. I killed 4/8 before the match timed out. Lots of fun, I just need to spend some time to get the controls down. I know WHAT to do, I just don't know HOW.

I had a lot of fun with it last night.

Rounds are a little too long though. Or maybe I just need to get used to it. Lots of shitting around when the shit isn't hitting the fan.

As for staying alive for 20 minutes, if there are set goals on more to accomplish outside of surviving.

The dude abides.

Here's some of my live stream last night. I started with Twitch but then switched to YouTube.

The dude abides.

I was able to get two rounds in tonight, both as a counselor.

First time, Jason showed up near me and another player almost immediately. That feeling dread and fear as you watch Jason walk past you while you hide in a closet, hoping he doesn't find you and rather kills the other player nearby making noise, God what a rush!

I lived for a bit, but ultimately ended up being killed first or second as I got injured and was basically a sitting duck. I was laughing while watching the other players. Four of them got the four passenger car running, three got in, the fourth was running up to the car, and the driver basically just said fuck you to the fourth person and drove off and left them behind standing there in the road.

That poor bastard left behind lasted about 3 more minutes before Jason slaughtered them.

Second game, another player and I worked to get the 4 passenger car going. He got gas in it, we went hunting for a battery while Jason stalked and killed everyone else. We got trapped on the second floor of a cabin, I had a machete and managed to stun Jason, letting us escape and continue the search. I was able to find a battery and started hauling ass back to the car. By that time, it was just myself, my partner and one other counselor alive, meaning Jason started coming back for us. I got within sight of the car before running out of stamina while carrying the battery, only for Jason to morph behind me and impale me on a tree.

I tried to get into a third match tonight, but I sat there for over 15 minutes waiting on quick play matchmaking and never got back in another match before I had to call it a night since I have work in the morning.

But, I'm already looking forward to hopefully getting some more rounds in tomorrow afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's intense isn't it?

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    It's intense isn't it?

Oh God yes. When that music kicks in to warn you he's nearby, man the hairs on the back of the neck start to raise.

You know he's close by, but you aren't certain where. Until you turn a corner of "ohmyholymotheroffuckthereheisbehindme!!! Run!!!!" and it's off to the races.

I also enjoy watching the other players after I die. After I got impaled on a tree in that second game, I was watching a player try to swim across a lake (I forget the name of the map) and they got about 20 feet from shore and just stopped, like they thought they were safe or something. Nope. Jason pulled a Jaws on that poor bastard and dragged them down to a watery death.

Despite not having a clue what I was doing when I played my first game of it, it's actually pretty quick to pick up. By the second game, I knew what I had to do, I knew how to defend myself (and thus was able to stun Jason with a machete, while taking no damage from him, and escape and live for at least one or two minutes longer), I knew some of the better ways to try and hide and evade Jason. I haven't gotten to play as Jason yet, so that'll be a learning experience the first time, but at least as a counselor, I'm good for at least a 5-10 minute life depending on if I can avoid being in the same vicinity of Jason for as minimal a time as possible.

Hopefully it fixes and speed up getting in a game. Tried to join a session earlier today around noon, sat there for 20 minutes watching it search before giving up.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Hopefully it fixes and speed up getting in a game. Tried to join a session earlier today around noon, sat there for 20 minutes watching it search before giving up.

As of this morning, they are recommending people use Private Matches as they are more reliable.

After reading that, I will say, I am very happy to hear the amount of players buying and playing this game are beyond what even they were expecting. I'm happy it seems like this has a very solid player base.

It may have growing pains right now, but once they get the issues sorted out, I have no doubt this game is going to be a black hole for my future free time.

Well, I was able to get into a session pretty quick just now, naturally Jason shows up right near me, so I ended up dying first.

Just got to finally play as Jason. It took some time and effort, but I was able to massacre every counselor for a clean sweep.

Playing right now in another game, managed to escape Jason and am hiding in a closet. Someone called in the cops so about to try and make a run for it.

Son of a bitch! We got the car gassed up, battery in, had the keys, four of us ready to make our escape, and then Jason suddenly shows up and slaughters me and another while the other two run for it.

All we had to do was get in the damn car and drive. So damn close to safety only to die.

I was in the back seat of a car today, the only time I've been in one and the dumbass driving flipped it. 😁

I have yet to get in. One game, we got the thing gassed and a battery in, the person with the keys was running for the car, only to get killed right next to it. I was in a nearby cabin, I tried to hide in a closet hoping Jason would go after someone else so I could get in the car, but he came after me right away.

I have managed to escape once as a counselor, we were able to outlast the timer for the cops and ran to safety.

Meanwhile, goddamn playing as Jason is fun! I love hunting down the other players and slowly exterminating them. One map, I was able to stop 5 different people from escaping in cars. I just stood in the road to freedom, swung at the cars with the ax and kept pulling the drivers out and killing them, then chasing down the passengers.

Two people did nearly get away, they got out on the main road and were nearly home free. I map teleported to the main road before them and stood there ready to swing at the car. In an attempt to avoid me, the driver went off to my left, straight into a boulder.

The poor driver lasted all of 15 seconds more, the passenger maybe another minute after that.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I was in the back seat of a car today, the only time I've been in one and the dumbass driving flipped it. 😁
    We're you at least getting a handy from one of the female counselors?

The dude abides.

Last night was a great time. I found a lobby around midnight or so, had at least four of us with mics, we played for 6 damn hours. I refused to leave the lobby while we were still rocking. I wasn't planning on sitting up until 6am, but exigent circumstances applied.

Had a lot of fun, escaped in the 2 seat and 4 seats cars a couple times (I was always the driver so we got away with zero problems), played as Jason a couple times (I'm still perfect, I have never let a counselor escape or survive while I'm Jason), and did a lot of crouching, hiding, running for my life and dying.

An absolute blast last night! Hopefully tonight, if I make it on, I can try to get some games in with guys from here. Steeler was on last night for a bit, and I tried to invite him to the lobby I was in whenever someone left, but I was hesitant to completely back out to the menus to join him because of how much of a pain in the ass it has been to join games the last two days.

Plus worst case, we could always do a private match if the servers are still acting up. We've got three or four of us here, I added two or three people as friends from the group I played with all night, we would then just need to track down a couple extra people for a full lobby.