Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Friday The 13th: The Game (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    New game mode coming...

https://youtu.be/aPWOnK96GGI

The Content Guide Roadmap has been updated and some things have been moved around.

If I had to guess, the map before Winter will be Camp Forest Green from part 6 (with any outside chance of a part 5 map), the new Jason by the new game mode (Paranoia) will be Roy from part 5 and the new clothing/Jason/map at the end will all be from Jason X.

The new counselors are anyone's guess. But if they're from the films I'd guess we could see Shelly from part 3, Tina from Part 7 (the actors have expressed interest in being in the game) or Mark from part 2.

Mark, like Fox, may be tricky because the actor is dead but I put him on the list because, during the Kickstarter, a counselor in a wheelchair was a stretch goal.

Soon, the level cap will increase from 101 to 150 making room for more unlockable content.

These guys have done an amazing job.
    The dude abides.

F13 won Best Independent Game at the Golden Joysticks. Here's a good article as to why.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/editori...nsed-property/

Glad to see my boy getting his due.

What level you at now Steeler?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    What level you at now Steeler?
    I'm at 66 but I've only played a couple games since like September. That will change Monday because a huge update is coming that includes offline bots.

At that point I can play without the aggravation of online and I can be Jason 100% of the time which is the fulfillment of a childhood dream.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I'm at 66 but I've only played a couple games since like September. That will change Monday because a huge update is coming that includes offline bots.

At that point I can play without the aggravation of online and I can be Jason 100% of the time which is the fulfillment of a childhood dream.
    I remember you were all over this and then you kind of went silent. The online play is too annoying???

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I remember you were all over this and then you kind of went silent. The online play is too annoying???
    I'm extremely fickle about the F13 franchise. The littlest things annoy me online. I get annoyed when people "teabag" Jason when he's been knocked down by spamming the squat button. I get annoyed when people try to taunt Jason. I get annoyed when the person playing as Jason talks, etc, etc.

Add to that I generally dislike playing online, there are still the annoyances of the host rage quitting which kills the whole match, there are people who will be the last survivor and stand feet from the exit for several minutes waiting for Jason to arrive so they can dance or some dumb shit to taunt him as they escape while 6 other players sit there wasting their lives and time watching etc.

Basically, I hate people and I don't want to play with them or put up with their bullshit. I'll be perfectly content in my own little world playing offline and always being Jason. ☺

It's not the game or anything about it that has kept me from playing much lately. It's my OCD about the Jason character and my general dislike of online douchebags.

LOL. People are the worst.

I'm getting more and more like that at the movie theatres. People chomping on food the whole movie, sniffling the entire time because they have a cold or whispering to their buddies every 10 minutes. Just extremely irritating. The worst was watching Thor Ragnaruk and having a mom with 2 three year olds let them run around and talk every once in awhile. Tell them to shut up! My wife actually did. It's why I never go Friday nights (teenagers dominate) and I almost never go on opening day. I usually wait awhile so the theatres are empty.

Exactly, Rudy. People are the worst!

I'm extremely fickle about the F13 franchise. The littlest things annoy me online. I get annoyed when people "teabag" Jason when he's been knocked down by spamming the squat button. I get annoyed when people try to taunt Jason. I get annoyed when the person playing as Jason talks, etc, etc.

Add to that I generally dislike playing online, there are still the annoyances of the host rage quitting which kills the whole match, there are people who will be the last survivor and stand feet from the exit for several minutes waiting for Jason to arrive so they can dance or some dumb shit to taunt him as they escape while 6 other players sit there wasting their lives and time watching etc.

Basically, I hate people and I don't want to play with them or put up with their bullshit. I'll be perfectly content in my own little world playing offline and always being Jason. ☺

It's not the game or anything about it that has kept me from playing much lately. It's my OCD about the Jason character and my general dislike of online douchebags.
    Exactly why I attempt to stay with lobbies that are only mostly or all filled with people from my friends list that I have grouped up together with in the past. That helps eliminate most of that crap.

Now, I'm guilty of a couple things. I love to taunt the hell out of Jason while he's chasing me from cabin to cabin. Nothing obscene or anything, but while I'm being chased, I like to sit there saying "hey Jason Jason Jason, hey there buddy, come on little buddy, come get some pancakes, you know you want some pancakes, come get some buddy", basic stuff like that. Just to mess their head a little bit while Jason's chasing me.

I also sometimes talk as Jason, simple stuff like "here's Jason" upon teleporting to an area where counselors are or busting through a cabin door, or chanting "dun dun dun dun dun dun dun" while chasing counselors through the woods.

As for the rest, screw that, I'm trying to live. If I'm running for the cops, the only time I'll stop is if another counselor(s) are nearby, I'll try to meet up with them and help them escape, especially if one is wounded. If Jason is nearby the cop escape, and I have a bat or knife, I'll try to draw him towards me so everyone else can escape and then try to escape myself. I tend to play as the sacrificial lamb, sacrificing myself to allow others to live or escape.

Same thing with the car. If I'm driving, I'll stop and wait for a counselor to jump if I pass any, but they best be hauling ass to the car. If they screw around, to hell with them, I'm driving on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    LOL. People are the worst.

I'm getting more and more like that at the movie theatres. People chomping on food the whole movie, sniffling the entire time because they have a cold or whispering to their buddies every 10 minutes. Just extremely irritating. The worst was watching Thor Ragnaruk and having a mom with 2 three year olds let them run around and talk every once in awhile. Tell them to shut up! My wife actually did. It's why I never go Friday nights (teenagers dominate) and I almost never go on opening day. I usually wait awhile so the theatres are empty.

The dude abides.

New Part 7 Weapon Kills DLC.

https://youtu.be/sGj3q17kYrg

I gotta say, the bots don't mess around. Played one game on Crystal Lake as part 6 Jason, even with easy difficulty bots, I had my work cut out for me.

Within the first couple minutes of the game, one bot had called for Tommy while another one attempted to call the cops, which I thankfully prevented due to a failed skill check while installing the fuse.

A little closer to half way through the round, the bots got the two seat car started up and even took the off road shortcut to get on the shorter path to the main road instead of driving all the way around the long way.

Stopped the car in the middle of the road next to three cabins, then spent the next 5+ minutes trying to kill 5 different counselors in the nearby cabins while staying close to the car, because every time I left the car to chase a counselor, at least two or three other counselors would start making a run towards the car. Thank God for bear traps and throwing knives.

Eventually I was able to pick off and kill all 8 counselors thanks to shift grabs and throwing knife/bear trap inflicted wounds, but even on easy difficulty, it was still a challenge that took a good 12-15 minutes to accomplish.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 12-20-2017 at 09:25 PM.

The groundwork is pretty good for the bots but they do need some tuning. I've gone 7/7 or 8/8 on every one of about 20 matches. The first one I played on Easy, the next on Normal and every one since on Hard.

The glaring problems, as I see it:

- Mario Running
    - They hide too much (even doing it while you are 5 feet away and can see them)
    - They aren't stealthy enough

If they can clean those things up and tweak a few others, the bots could provide a real challenge.

In my 20ish matches they've started a car twice and called the police once.

The groundwork is pretty good for the bots but they do need some tuning. I've gone 7/7 or 8/8 on every one of about 20 matches. The first one I played on Easy, the next on Normal and every one since on Hard.

The glaring problems, as I see it:

- Mario Running
    - They hide too much (even doing it while you are 5 feet away and can see them)
    - They aren't stealthy enough

If they can clean those things up and tweak a few others, the bots could provide a real challenge.

In my 20ish matches they've started a car twice and called the police once.
    Yeah, one counselor I got because they were running along a fence that had no breaks in it, just running along it without trying to find a place to hide and I was able to catch up to them. Got another in a cabin who was just crouched down hiding in the middle of the room in plain sight. Another got caught on some rocks and just sat there running in circles until I grabbed him. If they clean those things up and the issues you listed, it would be damn near perfect.

It already feels like playing with humans. The bots go for objectives, they waste no time trying to get the cops called, or Tommy Jarvis called in or getting the boat or car started. They use objects like normal, it was exactly as frustrating as playing with humans, grabbing a counselor only to end up shived in the throat with a pocketknife a bunch of times. Plus add in Tommy's shotgun, the map shotgun, flare guns and firecrackers being used against me.

And they even imitate humans in trying to escape like what happened for me on Crystal Lake. Instead of jumping in the two seat car and taking the long way around to the main road, they jumped in, went "off road" and jumped the gap from the long path to the short path to try and get to the main road faster just like most actual humans do in the game. So the bots will even take shortcuts just like real players do to try and escape faster.

The bots are already fun to play against. A little polishing and a couple changes and fixes on the back end or in a patch like the things you suggested, and, I hope in time, it'll feel exactly like playing against real players.

Yeah. Don't get me wrong (not that you did) I'm enjoying it. For me, just being able to fire it up and play as Jason and slaughter some motherfuckers is all I need to be content. However, if it is fleshed out a bit and some counselors can escape me sometimes it would be remarkable.

I'm glad to hear they took the car off road. I haven't seen that yet in the couple of times they got the car started. That's really good news.