Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday The 13th: The Game (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    To be honest there are a million games that are on the current gen systems using 8 and 16-bit graphics, so that stuff doesn't bother me.

With that said I might be on tonight after the NBA Draft.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    To be honest there are a million games that are on the current gen systems using 8 and 16-bit graphics, so that stuff doesn't bother me.

With that said I might be on tonight after the NBA Draft.
    Let me know. I'm not sure if I'll be home or not. 👍

Double XP weekend. Just a reminder in case you want to level up and unlock those Jasons.

I'm at 25 so I'm going to try to get to 31 to unlock Part 9. That'll give me every unlockable character.

It's about to start.

A chance I'll be on Saturday night...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

No survivors as I play as Savini Jason. I get 7 kills and 1 injured counselor jumps from a second story window to his death which technically counts as a suicide.

https://youtu.be/iSBCyYumn6I

Not much info but it's some info.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/34...day-13th-game/

Another patch is live on PS4. Should get rid of most, if not all, glitching.

Buggzy enjoying the afterlife. 😆

https://youtu.be/AFFrxgYjuIQ

NICE!
    The dude abides.

The game is $35.99 In the PlayStation Store if anyone is interested. I think it's part of the sale that ends 8/1.

Well worth it at that price! This game owned my life for the first month it was released. Unfortunately I haven't been able to play in a while due to work, which has basically killed my gaming time entirely (I don't remember if I've even put any gaming time in for the entirety of July), but I am itching to get back to bashing Jason in the head with a baseball bat as soon as I can actually return to a semi-normal gaming life.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Well worth it at that price! This game owned my life for the first month it was released. Unfortunately I haven't been able to play in a while due to work, which has basically killed my gaming time entirely (I don't remember if I've even put any gaming time in for the entirety of July), but I am itching to get back to bashing Jason in the head with a baseball bat as soon as I can actually return to a semi-normal gaming life.
    This year work has killed my gaming time as well as time on this site. I must say, I do miss your NCAA FOOTBALL 14 thread (and mine) but with the demise of NCAA for the past few years I have played games I would have never played if NCAA were still around.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    This year work has killed my gaming time as well as time on this site. I must say, I do miss your NCAA FOOTBALL 14 thread (and mine) but with the demise of NCAA for the past few years I have played games I would have never played if NCAA were still around.
    Yeah, I still intend to get that back up and running.

There have been some changes at work. While I'm currently doing a midday air shift that ties up any time before 4pm, I no longer have to work on Saturdays (my last Saturday air shift was this past weekend), so I now have a true 48 hour weekend every Saturday and Sunday.

So I hope to take advantage of my free weekends now to get my dynasty fired back up. And now I'll finally be able to watch the damn noon college football games on Saturdays for the first time in 9 years!

And agreed, with the massive void left by the demise of the NCAA series, I have tried many different games and series that I probably never would have touched if NCAA was still around. So I suppose some good came from its demise. I have discovered great new games, new series, new studios whose games and work I really enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Now Gun has revealed to GamesIndustry.biz that within two months the game has managed to sell over 1.8 million units.

Gun Media boss and Friday the 13th co-creator Wes Keltner tells me, "This entire project has been a huge learning experience for both Gun and Illfonic. We will be the first to admit that we weren't ready for the huge influx of players that hit us day one.

"We looked at our player numbers from the beta, along with pre-orders and then added a 30% cushion. That's how we set up our servers and database for launch. We were soooo wrong. 100,000 players hit us in the first 20 minutes, and our servers melted. Our first weekend was chaos. The entire team slept at their desks trying to keep up with demand. It's an experience I'll never forget. With our small budget, we couldn't afford a large scale QA effort. We did a PC beta, and gleaned a lot of great data from that. But again, we weren't ready for the tidal wave of players."

Keltner won't share the exact budget, but he notes, "The total we spent creating this game, would only cover half the animation budget for AAA games. But we made the most with what we had. As for being profitable, we were in the black quickly. However, we have reinvested that profit directly back into F13 in the form of new content (maps, characters, etc) and our ongoing server costs."

Link: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...s-to-1-8m-sold

Thanks for sharing, Chris.

Jason Lives!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Randygbk/...766208/video/1

Kane Hodder is back at the MoCap studio.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I'm surprised the request wasn't to make the maps bigger???