Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 2015-16 Coaching Carousel

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    That timing is terrible.

On a non-serious note: The answer for USM is Mike Riley. (Still trying to determine what the question is, though.)
    Last edited by bdoughty; 01-25-2016 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    It is shitty.

I hate seeing smaller schools get fucked like this and treated like stepping stones. I know it's part of it but I still don't like it.

I know ASU has been used like this alot recently and it has to be maddening to support a small program and have to deal with constant change. That would drive me nuts and make me quit getting excited about a new coach.

I hope that Southern Miss can land on their feet and that they don't fade back to the level of recent years. They just got back on track and this happens.

10 fucking days from signing day. That is a kick in the nuts.
    I appreciate the concern, good sir. As far as I can tell, there's no panic within the community as it appears that we'll try to keep much of the staff intact.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I appreciate the concern, good sir. As far as I can tell, there's no panic within the community as it appears that we'll try to keep much of the staff intact.
    That's not necessarily a good thing, depending on the candidate. Arkansas State faced the same exact situation in 1993 when Ray Perkins left us high & dry to become the Patriots OC 9 days before NSD.

We had little known Tommy Tuberville ready to sign on the dotted line to become our HC until we told him that we'd only have budget to sign 2 additional coaches and he'd have to keep the rest of the hold-overs. When Tuberville backed away, we signed our OL coach, John Bobo, to his last coaching job ever. In four years, he finished 13-30 and helped continue the darkest years of ASU football (1987-2010).

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    That's not necessarily a good thing, depending on the candidate. Arkansas State faced the same exact situation in 1993 when Ray Perkins left us high & dry to become the Patriots OC 9 days before NSD.

We had little known Tommy Tuberville ready to sign on the dotted line to become our HC until we told him that we'd only have budget to sign 2 additional coaches and he'd have to keep the rest of the hold-overs. When Tuberville backed away, we signed our OL coach, John Bobo, to his last coaching job ever. In four years, he finished 13-30 and helped continue the darkest years of ASU football (1987-2010).

Good luck.
    Sounds more like your head coach sucked (a la our post-Fedora/pre-Monken train wreck coach, Ellis Johnson). We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the kind words.

Seeing on social media that Alcorn State's Jay Hopson is the new coach at Southern Miss.

Illinois gets a new AD who fires Bill Cubit and is reportedly hiring Lovie Smith.

Art Briles has been ass kicked to the curb.

If history shows anything, it's that John L. Smith is the man to take over at Baylor.

If the interim doesn't set the world on fire, I see them hiring Arkansas State HC, Blake Anderson. He played at Baylor, he's got the right image, and has built a team that could be very special this season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Art Briles has been ass kicked to the curb.
    About time.

MS Paint wizard at Shaggy Texas breaks it down.

Awesome!

"I do things"
    The dude abides.

Baylor hires Jim Grobe (!) as acting head coach.

For a program surrounded by chaos, Baylor is making a very shrewd hire in tabbing Jim Grobe as its new head football coach.

The school on Monday announced that the former Wake Forest head coach has been named the acting head coach in Waco after Art Briles was fired last week in the wake of a sexual assault scandal. An introductory press conferrence is expected Friday. The Grobe hiring was first reported by 247 Sports.

We don't yet know what will happen to the rest of the Bears coaching staff, but an extensive house cleaning is in order. Sources have told FOX Sports to expect more firings in the athletic department over the coming weeks as Baylor continues to sort out the findings from Pepper Hamilton, the Philadelphia law firm it hired last September to conduct an investigation.

Courtesy: FOX Sports

I hope he cleans house but rumors are saying the staff are staying. Including Briles son and son in law. Both of which have broken NCAA rules in the past.

Legendary Baylor coach Grant Teaff told CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd that "it looks like" the Bears' entire staff will remain in place aside from Briles, at least in the short term. That means offensive coordinator Kendal Briles, Art's son, would once again lead the that side of the ball.

"The urgency right now is to protect recruiting and get everyone on board," Teaff added.
    Grant Teaff is still a prick. The urgency should be getting your shit cleaned up and stop players from raping everyone on campus.

Reports that the Baylor regents may move to make it just a one-year suspension for Art Briles.

Facepalm. Baylor can go fuck off if they do that. Clearly win at any costs down there!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's not going to happen. Just a few donors that only care about the "W" and causing a little stir.

Briles not coming back.

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2016/...4771466051712/

HornsDigest.com reported that the settlement would be in the $20 million range.
    That is a pretty good deal for doing closing his eyes to a bunch of rapists.

Wait for it..............

http://collegefootball.ap.org/articl...mbastes-baylor

Does not want to settle. Did nothing wrong.