Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Far Cry Primal

• Facebook
  • Display

Far Cry Primal

Little known so far.

Announcement soon!

Description from Amazon:

This item will be released on February 23, 2016.

Welcome to the Stone Age, a time of omnipresent danger and limitless adventure, where giant woolly mammoths and saber-toothed tigers rule the Earth, and humanity is at the bottom of the food chain. As the last survivor of your tribe, you will learn to craft a deadly arsenal, fend off fierce predators, and outsmart enemies to conquer Oros and save mankind.
    The award-winning Far Cry franchise that stormed the tropics and climbed the Himalayas now enters the original fight for mankind’s survival with its innovative open world gameplay, bringing together massive beasts, breathtaking environments, and unpredictable 360-degree combat in one savage package

• RISE ABOVE EXTINCTION: Conquer your land, and your enemies, in the original fight for mankind's survival.
    • EXPERIENCE THE STONE AGE BY FAR CRY: Enter an open world sandbox filled with the unpredictable chaos and peril that the best-selling Far Cry franchise is known for.
    • CONQUER EPIC BEASTS: Hunt down dangerous predators, like the savage saber-toothed tiger and the elusive woolly mammoth.
    • BECOME THE APEX PREDATOR: Defeat the deadly tribes of Oros as you fight to unite mankind.
    • DISCOVER THE DEADLY WORLD OF OROS: Fight to survive amid lush redwood forests, harsh taiga, frozen tundra, and murky swamps.

I imagine it will be just like Far Cry 4 without the guns & explosives (though probably some kind of archaic explosives). It will be interesting to watch how it develops but I have my doubts.

If only this was third person.

Cool concept though.
    The dude abides.

It is cool. I've never played a far cry game before. I simply refuse to play fps. Never liked that camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    If only this was third person.
    It is cool. I've never played a far cry game before. I simply refuse to play fps. Never liked that camera.
    I feel the same way. I'm not a fan of first person games.

You can control Honey Badgers. Control the Honey Badger, control the world!

Definitely takes a break from the norm. Looks good.
    The dude abides.

No thanks. This should have been DLC or a flashback or something.

Still mixed on this one. Do not know how much staying power it will have.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    FCP looks interesting. Please share some thoughts on it when you get some time with it under your belt.
    Played for a couple hours and really liking it so far. It is a beautiful game with some terrific lighting. The game does have a Far Cry/Ubi feel to it but that is the standard layout for the game. If you have played Far Cry you will be used to the upgrade systems, maps etc. It is not a bad thing, just don't expect any big interface changes. What has impressed me the most is the sense of fear you have as you are moving around, not knowing if a wolf is behind you or what lies ahead. It feels much more tense than your typical shooter. You have to hunt properly in the game and will be crouching a lot. There is a hunter sense where you can highlight were animals and consumables are. Nice to have but I try to keep it to a minimum. I prefer the bow and arrow but the spear comes in handy and you have a club to bash things. Those turtles do not bash themselves. If it is wood you can set it on fire for extra damage. Even if you do not have fire near you the animal fat from the animals you have killed can be used to light things. Of course night gets a bit tougher, following a trend of Dying Light, etc. Animals are more aggressive and it is dark as shit. So holding on to the animal fat to light torches and arrows seems to be a the logical choice. As Ram would say, bring your cognitive skills, as you must adapt to the surroundings.

There is going to be a ton of collecting to build. From simple wood barks, shale, bones, flint, leaves, etc. Those weapons and arrows have to come from somewhere and there were no stores back then. So yeah, lot's of collecting. More than the typical far cry game and that is just fine with me.

Barely scratched the surface and can't wait to start controlling animals and finding different ways to take over camps.

Side note: Absolutely hated the Hitman Go game. Too much trial and error. Played through the first few sets of levels and deleted.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 02-26-2016 at 08:19 AM.

Thanks for that, I enjoyed reading your impressions and I'll put this game to my "to do" list. On a side note, I have not played any previous Far Cry game(s) so I have no expectations or preconceived notions nor do I have any familiarity with the UI.

http://kotaku.com/turns-out-ubisoft-...y-p-1762497550

While I expected the map to have some similarities to FC4, I did not expect to be damn copy/paste job. It has a different look and feel to it but the similarities were noticeable before the news broke. My biggest gripe is that FC4 was set in Asia and this is set in Central Europe. So one would have expected a little more care on Ubi's part to differentiate the two.

Wow. That's kind of funny. Not sure I would notice something like that if I played it. Are people pissed?

The one guy asked the Q.... Would anyone have noticed if the website didn't say so?

Wow. That's kind of funny. Not sure I would notice something like that if I played it. Are people pissed?
    Mostly people that hate Ubisoft and have not played or dislike the Far Cry series. Most people that play it seem to enjoy it. Honestly it does not bother me as it is a completely different time setting. That said, they should have been upfront in the beginning and said it was a prehistoric version of the Far Cry 4 game and location.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 03-04-2016 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    The one guy asked the Q.... Would anyone have noticed if the website didn't say so?
    I started noticing the similarities in my first gameplay run. Keep in mind I Platinumed FC4, so I am pretty familiar with the map.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/03/04...k-very-similar

IGN did a few comparisons. One thing it shows is that the lighting and atmosphere is much better in Primal.

The Flintstones car is in this game

The dude abides.