Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NBA 2K16 - General Discussion & Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    I don't like zoomed in cameras much. I largely prefer to see a large part of the floor or field.

I will try some old school Pistons and Lakers, Celtics or Bulls.

I'm most likely going to sell this game. I honestly don't consider the on the court gameplay to be superior to Live. I'm not a hardcore basketball fan so I'm sure those guys may look at team tendencies and certain things and say they are better. But to me NBA 2K tends to rush shots too often and doesn't run a methodical half court game like the real NBA. I think Live does this better. Many times on 2K as I'm just setting up defensively against my man the cpu is throwing up a quick shot. The cpu pushes the ball up the floor too fast, too often and rushes their half court game. I prefer the feel of the Live player movement over 2K. Whenever I play 2K I'm actually looking forward to playing Live. My lack of all the understanding of the controls probably doesn't help.

2K wins in the presentation department easily. The TV style is great and so is the announcing, particularly Harlan although NBA Live is decent here too. 2K has an incredible amount of customization from camera angles to sliders and rosters. Live fails horribly in this department. 2K also has NBA replay games available which is cool and Live's version not working. I don't do the My Player stuff but I'm sure 2K wins easily here as well.

But in terms of raw gameplay I just enjoy Live more. The mid-range game is a little better in 2K but I like the pick and roll controls and play calling more in Live. The cpu teams in Live do get accurate shot totals from their stars and run a good half court offence as well as fast break when they can. I love the shot % meter in Live as well. I wish Live had the icons on the players that lets you know who the good 3 point shooters, etc are since it can be hard if you use random teams you don't know. Overall NBA Live is a really fun game on the court. More customization is needed next year but it gets a bad rap imo.

Had a fun game taking 89 Pistons against 80s Boston. McHale had some sweet post moves - something Live lacks (and classic teams). A pic of the nutters.

Nutters
    The dude abides.

The prize for NBA 2K's competitive/e-sports mode is pretty nice at $250K (divided amongst five team members, I'd guess). Though, if they are not disqualifying or voiding players who bought player attritibutes (I doubt they are), it doesn't seem like skills are going to be the biggest factor.

At least with Madden's Ranked Draft Champions, you could have a team with some weaknesses and there's no cash involved in leveling up.

Following breaking his hand in a fight with the equipment manager, Blake Griffin's HANDS rating dropped from 97 to 77.

FLASHBACK: 2K Sports has taken Spurs guard Tony Parker's loyalty rating from an 87 to 0 in the latest NBA 2K11 roster update. Parker's wife Eva Longoria recently filed for divorce after finding out he had been cheating on her.

In looking for the info on Parker, I stumbled across an old tweet from Ronnie 2K.

He acted as if he wasn't privy or knowledgeable, however he had been an employee since 2007.