Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NBA LIVE 16 - General Impressions & Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    It's the same in Live 16. No in-game injuries, but they do occur in sims.

That really hurts using your bench. That needs to be changed for next year. I'd even take random injuries post game or in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Ate there no injuries in the game? I haven't seen any in exhibition but what about franchise? I know Live 10 never had any while playing but did have some while swimming.
    Yep haven't had in-game injuries ever. Kinda baffling.
    The dude abides.

I kicked the crap out of the Pacers tonight with the Pistons. Started game on 10-0 run and led by 20 at the half. I like playing with the Pistons. Not only are they my team but they normally have 4 guys on the floor that can hit the three at all times including two 4s in Illyasova and tolliver. All the wings and guards can shoot it at least half decent.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yep haven't had in-game injuries ever. Kinda baffling.
    PS2 had them, but ever since the franchise 're-booted' on PS3/360 they never returned.

The ps2 was the downfall of Live. That's when I stopped buying it. Live started it's greatness with Live 95 and I thought the ps1 games were fantastic. When they moved to the ps2 they rebuilt the engine from scratch and it sucked. I tried it again the next year and still crap so I quit. I remember nhl sucking it's first game on the ps2 but it was MUCH better the next year. Not with Live.

Imagine where it would be if Elite never existed and they built off of 10 which was my favorite Live until 16.

I'd call 16 my favorite Live because of the gameplay being more evolved over 10 and a great feature set.
    The dude abides.

Live 16 is definitely better than 10 imo. It has fast breaks and the shot distribution among players is better. Live 10 had roster editing and a ton of sliders but the gameplay is definitely better in 16 imo.

People have discussed which difficulty level is best and so forth. I started out on Pro, went to All-Pro for awhile and have played a bunch on Superstar. I then tried a game on Pro again to see if I can tell the differences.

Honestly I don't see a big difference in cpu style at all. If someone didn't tell me what level I was playing on I could not tell you the difference. They generally move the ball but don't take quick shots. They attack the basket and get over 50% of their points in the paint. When I read people say the cpu plays "better" on Pro I just don't see it. I don't think its worse either. Its just the same.

Furthermore, the user shooting sliders don't seem to need any changing between difficulty levels. I don't think the user gets boosts from playing on Pro and I don't think they get penalized on Superstar. The cpu DOES get affected though. That is the ONE MAJOR difference between levels - cpu shooting percentage. On Pro they will miss a lot more. On Superstar it goes way up.

So for anyone that wants to try and play the cpu on a harder difficulty level almost the only thing you have to do is knock down the cpu shooting % sliders one click and the game will play fairly similar. I'm sure there are other subtle differences but the only big change between difficultly levels are cpu shooting percentages imo. I wish the sliders were in 5 point increments to help fine-tune shooting percentages better.

OK, so until yesterday, I've basically played only Rising Star. I decided to fire up a little throwaway franchise, and discovered I have literally no clue how to tell what is a good shot with random players. How do I know that I'm not about to shoot a 3-pointer with a player with a low 3-point rating?

I don't think you do Smooth. It's tough using random teams since you go to jack up a 3 and find out they suck. I tried that with Milwaukee and they don't have good outside shooters. I shut it off lol. There are no special indicators on players for good shooters, dribblers, etc like 2k had (does it still show that stuff?).

Yeah, that's what I'm looking for. Some sort of Indicator under the player where say red is a low skill/low percentage shot for that player that will almost certainly miss. Yellow is a moderate skill/percentage shot and Green is a high skill/percentage shot that had a good chance of going in, especially if it's an open, unguarded shot, like Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson or Kyle Korver shooting from 3-point range.

Right now I'm left having to memorize exactly who is a good 3-point shooter on the team or else I end up chucking up a 3-point try with a player with a 3-point rating of like 25.

I hear you.

I should add that it's harder to get to the rings on the harder difficulties which is why I don't like PRO.

Not really for this thread... but... Pasta is reporting that only 8,000 copies of this game have been sold in North America. Is that representative of the game or just that 2k is so superior now?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Not really for this thread... but... Pasta is reporting that only 8,000 copies of this game have been sold in North America. Is that representative of the game or just that 2k is so superior now?
    Probably both but mainly because the numbers are for last month and the game released on the 29th.

Yeah a whole two days of sales but the 2K fanboys think it's a full month.
    The dude abides.

I hope the next patch doesn't mess up the shooting percentages too much. I've got the game playing about as well as I can for me and am a bit worried they will tweak too much. If they improved help defence at the rim I would like that but other than that don't mess with too many things. Just support the rosters more.

One thing I've seen in my last few games are cpu players who just hold the ball until the shot clock expires. I've seen it twice in my last three games. I don't know if that was a Synergy update that caused that for a certain player or not but it was wierd to see 10+ seconds get wasted and a dumb turnover. The last one was against Phoenix. Brandon Knight ATTACKS the rim constantly but I got quite a few blocks. I haven't seen him much since he left Detroit but he looks too muscular to me in the game. It looks like he has bulked up but is probably exagerated in Live 16.

Have you noticed that the worst shot percentages in this game tend to be jump shots near the basket? I swear I see shooting percentages around 10%. I'm not sure if the closely guarded mechanic compounds if there more than one guy around but those shot percentages seem awfully low.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Have you noticed that the worst shot percentages in this game tend to be jump shots near the basket? I swear I see shooting percentages around 10%. I'm not sure if the closely guarded mechanic compounds if there more than one guy around but those shot percentages seem awfully low.
    You see that with solid post players?
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    You see that with solid post players?
    Not post shots. I only see that with guys taking jump shots. Not layups or post moves but I'll see jump shots in the paint with percentages under ten sometimes. It's rare since you rarely take jump shots in the paint but it's odd when I see it.