Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA LIVE 16 - General Impressions & Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

NBA LIVE 16 - General Impressions & Discussion

NBA LIVE 16 is now available on EA Access and copies are in the wild.

Use this thread to discuss the game and general NBA Live 16 discussion.

Far too busy this week to download and give my impressions. Anyone else able to pick up the slack for me? I will eventually d/l and play the Access hours but right now my life is hectic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    One of the things 2k has done well is authentic signature player styles and team play style. I read Live suffers from teams playing the same way.
    That is true, but I think Live 16 has improved greatly since 15 on getting star players more touches and taking over games. That alone has helped the gameplay a lot. LeBron was almost a novelty player last year, this year he is a monster.

I agree on team styles. In the Coach Options, I believe every team has the exact same offensive tendencies/settings and there's minimal differences on defense.

Last night I went in and changed the offensive settings for each team to see if that will help teams play differently. I only played one game since then, but GS defeated me (OKC) on the second-highest difficulty. Curry went off in the second half from outside. I believe I put GS at Get Back for ORebs, Fast Tempo, and 4-1 Low for offense. If I think those settings make a big difference after I play some more, I will post them here and around the community.

I try to avoid Live vs. 2K talk directly too much, but after playing 2K16 last night there are definitely things 2K16 does worlds better - but there are also things Live does much better. Live still needs time as two restarts for the franchise (compared to 0 for 2K) has them a decade behind in some regards. However, I don't think it plays like a game 7-10 years behind. The gap there is narrowing. The gap in single-player modes (Dynasty & Rising Star) and some presentation elements (bells & whistles) are really where Live is behind.

Also, FWIW I am on retail and am not seeing the bugs people keep sharing on social media (shirtless players, backwards FTs, etc.). I did not see them even before the launch update and first Live Content Update came out. I'm guessing they were fixed between the demo and retail.

Is there any way EA can change those default settings for the CPU teams? Do you have to set that up before each game?

As a casual fan I like the shot meter and on court indicator stuff Live has. I can always turn it off but it helps me right now in the demo. For baseball I always turn that stuff off but I need the help on both offence and defence.

I suppose EA could, but I doubt they will. You can change them in the main menu and they will stay that way in/for all modes (or at least Tip-Off, Dynasty, H2H..). The only time I think you may need to change on a game-by-game basis is in Ultimate Team and that would be for your team.I'm not sure you can adjust them pre-game for Rising Star, but maybe you can.

I think Live has the better Shot Meter, On-court Play Art, and Defensive Threat/Assignment Indicator between the two, even for more hardcore basketball fans.

Just started a dynasty with the Celtics, all stock settings (Pro, 7 minute quarters) and sliders.

I beat the Sixers 88-77. The game at 7 minute quarters took just under 40 minutes; which isn't bad.

It's nice to earn RP for playing a dynasty game to be able to buy items for your created pro.

Isaiah Thomas lead the way with 25 points as the 6th man. David Lee led the team with 7 rebounds.

As for team stats, I shot 56%, Philly shot 53%.

They were 70% from 3, I was 36%

They only shot 2 free throws to my 28...need to up the foul frequency for the user.

Rebounds were 26 Philly and 28 for me.

Overall great results outside of my fouls.
    The dude abides.

CDJ and I played a TON of Summer Circuit games last night. They are definitely fun and pose a challenge. EA will add more events and I believe more courts as the year goes on.
    The dude abides.

What positions are you guys in pro am?

What positions are you guys in pro am?
    I went SF (Shooter) and JB is a PG (Slasher).

I was thinking of SG or stretch 4.

I'm going with a Power 4 or Center. Have to get on those boards lol

Lost a Live Run match 21-0 last night my team was SHIT. I maybe touched the ball three times. Zero passing.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Lost a Live Run match 21-0 last night my team was SHIT. I maybe touched the ball three times. Zero passing.
    Yeah it's alot of damn gunning on in those I've found.

I won't even make it down court some times by the time a someone chucks up a damn brick. I've found some of the only shots I get are off rebounds lol

We will have to play sometime, first possession you don't feed me on a pick and roll it's over for you haha

Just got the game! Working from home and will install at lunch. Thanks again!

Played two games today. First game was the Pistons against the CPU Bulls on Pro. I lost a fun game in OT. lots of points in the paint - about 60% vs a normal 40%. I shot horrible from downtown. Some nice blocks in this game. Almost no fouls although I don't want too many as those slow downs drive me nuts IRL.

Second game I took the Clippers against the Mavs. I smoked them by 30. I shot great and switched to all Star for the fourth. Points in the paint was better. Not many turnovers from what I've seen.

I am clueless in the post. So far it's been fun though.

Just did a couple practice drills. Understand now you can spin the r-stick to spin/drop step. Not many other moves but that will help. Why does the practice mode back out after every successful attempt? If you want to try something a few times in a row you have to keep exiting and going back in. It only repeats if you fail. I should choose when I back out.

Not sure the auto subs is smart enough. In my first game with the Pistons the cpu put Brandon Jennings in at SF at one point. He might be the smallest guy that sees the floor.

I had quite a bit of input lag offline this morning at times. I saw it when I would try to pass sometimes and on defense. Didn't notice that yesterday.
    Last edited by Rudy; 10-06-2015 at 05:30 AM.

Just did a couple practice drills. Understand now you can spin the r-stick to spin/drop step. Not many other moves but that will help. Why does the practice mode back out after every successful attempt? If you want to try something a few times in a row you have to keep exiting and going back in. It only repeats if you fail. I should choose when I back out.

Not sure the auto subs is smart enough. In my first game with the Pistons the cpu put Brandon Jennings in at SF at one point. He might be the smallest guy that sees the floor.

I had quite a bit of input lag offline this morning at times. I saw it when I would try to pass sometimes and on defense. Didn't notice that yesterday.
    - If you go into Shootaround - 1 on 1 you can do whatever you want for the duration, but of course you won't get the drill prompt.

- I thought it limited players to their primary and secondary positions. Has Jennings ever played the SF, maybe in a three-guard line-up? I'm not seeing a way to view his secondary position, but going from PG to SF seems like a stretch.

- What mode were you in with that input lag?

still need to play a full game. I've only been playing the Live Run and Pro-Am modes so far

It's funny how broken the 2K servers have been for years while Live Run has been great, but yet won't get any credit.
    The dude abides.

I was just using tip off exhibition game when I got some lag Chris. Sorry for the late response but no access at work today.