Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NBA LIVE 16 - General Impressions & Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Not post shots. I only see that with guys taking jump shots. Not layups or post moves but I'll see jump shots in the paint with percentages under ten sometimes. It's rare since you rarely take jump shots in the paint but it's odd when I see it.
    Ah. Most of my time is in either Live Run or LUT. In LUT guys like Wade and Lillard I'm making those shots and they're around 50-60%. I guess it depends on who is shooting it really to see if there is a problem.
    The dude abides.

Apparently no roster update for the week.

I don't understand how the game can have some things really well done (shot meter, for example) but then incapable of getting rosters & roster updates out in a timely and accurate manner after three years.

Most telling is that I am not seeing many in the community even asking or wondering where the new rosters are at.

I tweeted at EA on Friday. It's frustrating in that they don't have roster editing and then haven't done a single roster update all year for ratings. The number one pick in the draft doesn't have his face scan in the game. I think EA is throwing in the towel on this game. They may be working on 17 but thus lack of support couple with potential bad holiday sales could get the game killed. I hope not. It's still fun.

There's also been no updates to Big Moments or Live Season either.

I think they were late in attaining some face scans so I can understand them not being in the game now (like Okafor), but IMO the bigger sin is that the generic face they assigned to him doesn't even try to resemble him as it is bald-headed. I believe the next or a future update will have some face scans, but when the generic is so poor people are not going to be happy or wait.

The roster & ratings issue is really frustrating as it seems like they are moving backwards in those game areas.

Jeff Van Gundy cracks me up. Some of his lines are priceless. This morning "The only way to get an easier two points is to have your mom keeping score." I also like the line after a bad shot "that's one of those I haven't touched the ball in a while so I'm just going to throw it up type of shots". And those lines have been rare for me. His deja vu line I hear quite often.

Is there any chance they make the sliders adjustable by 5? I find my three point shooting too easy at 40 but too hard at 30. To avoid frustration I leave it at 40. I'd like to use 35 if I could.

Per the NBA Live Facebook page, a new Pro-Am court is on the way. (Presumably in the upcoming patch.)

A new court placeholder is now in LIVE Pro-Am, so I feel confident in assuming the patch should be arriving soon. Hopefully tomorrow (Tuesday)? Really looking forward to seeing the gameplay and other improvements with it.

Fingers crossed.

Going live it appears! Patch is over 3 GB.

EA Access members can buy Live 16 for $20.

Assuming the All-Star content will come in a patch Thursday. I'm really hoping it has some nice gameplay fixes as well.

I haven't played in awhile but NBA LIVE will not launch this fall. Delayed until spring. Not sure what the plans are. I think sports titles are best launched with their respective seasons.

I like the commentary although the player specific commentary is repetitive as you hear the same lines every game you play with someone.