Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: steelerfan's FIFA 16 Manager Career

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    You have the players to run it effectively or are you in the process of building that "type" of team? I like that formation in the sense of ball control but I found I could never get enough penetration with 1 striker.
    When I took over, they were running a 4-4-2 and that's the personnel they had. I'm still working on getting the right guys but I'm alot closer now than I was. My biggest issue now is that I don't have enough depth in the midfield - particularly, I have a lack of wingers that can play the LM/RM roles.

Kelechi Iheanacho opened his account at Millwall early in the clash with Coventry City and Shaun Williams converted twice from the spot as the Lions got maximum points for the first time in league play. Unfortunately, Iheanacho sprained his ankle just minutes after his first goal and was subbed off at the half as he gave way to Alfie Pavey. Pavey was the only healthy striker on the roster, with Steve Morison away on international duty with Wales.

Spoiler: show

Watched your stream earlier tonight buddy. Don't want to give away any of your details until you have a chance to post them. I am looking forward to your feedback on the game... I suspect I know your feelings.

Tough loss to a very well-prepared Rochdale, 2-0. Millwall lost in every area of the pitch and never truly threatened (minus a late free kick that hit the crossbar.

Watched your stream earlier tonight buddy. Don't want to give away any of your details until you have a chance to post them. I am looking forward to your feedback on the game... I suspect I know your feelings.
    I was just never in that game. It was very tough to tell the teams apart because of the kits. That alone made me know I was going to be in trouble very early on.

That first cpu goal was absolutely beautiful! The cpu just kept coming and coming and coming. I thought they would put up 3-4 goals by the time the match was over. You also had the beautiful ball off the post but it just didn't drop.

That first cpu goal was absolutely beautiful! The cpu just kept coming and coming and coming. I thought they would put up 3-4 goals by the time the match was over. You also had the beautiful ball off the post but it just didn't drop.
    Yeah, both of their goals were stellar but that volley was particularly fantastic.

By the way, good to see you streaming again. There aren't a lot of sports gamers who stream AND play games the way they are meant to be played... no fluff and no cheese. I enjoy watching streams when people play the way sports is meant to be played.

It was funny as I was watching tv on xbox (since xbox let's you watch other console games as well...) and then I get a reminder that you are streaming (on PS4). Good times.

By the way, good to see you streaming again. There aren't a lot of sports gamers who stream AND play games the way they are meant to be played... no fluff and no cheese. I enjoy watching streams when people play the way sports is meant to be played.

It was funny as I was watching tv on xbox (since xbox let's you watch other console games as well...) and then I get a reminder that you are streaming (on PS4). Good times.
    Thanks, man. I agree that it is tough to find streams of someone who plays sim. I enjoy watching, when I find someone who does.

I'll start streaming more of my matches.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Thanks, man. I agree that it is tough to find streams of someone who plays sim. I enjoy watching, when I find someone who does.

I'll start streaming more of my matches.
    Sounds good man. I will definitely check them out.

Andreas Pereira opened his account with Millwall bite it was too little, too late as Chesterfield took the 3 points, 2-1. Midfielder Ed Upson was lost for 3 weeks with an ankle sprain.

The Lions are away to Colchester on Saturday.

Alfie Pavey came off the bench to score a stoppage time goal for Millwall but the Lions took another 2-1 loss.

A Wednesday night cup tie in the 3rd round of the Capital One Cup sees Premier League side Newcastle United come to The Den.

Match will steam live at www.twitch.tv/steelerfan1933

Another Premier League scalp for League 1's Millwall Football Club in the Capital One Cup as the Lions took down Newcastle United with a dramatic 2-1 win in extra time.

Good stuff. Just started my managing career with FC Dallas. Hope to manage a couple of seasons in the MLS then move over to one of the lower level leagues in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Good stuff. Just started my managing career with FC Dallas. Hope to manage a couple of seasons in the MLS then move over to one of the lower level leagues in Europe.
    Have fun, buddy and good luck!

Two words for you... NABIL FAKIR. You are probably aware but he's a striker in the French league and you can get him for cheap. Huge upside and gives a nice speed burst and accurate shot. I picked him up at the transfer/trade deadline and he was a stud... until he got hurt for 6 months...
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I will send a scout to the land of long bread, cigarettes and body odor immediately.

That said, I'm on a strict budget and am focusing more on loans and scouting right now so I'm not sure if he'll be cheap enough for me.
    Got the scouting report on Nabil Fekir. He is WAY out of my price range. I'm keeping wages to £10K per week and under for now. His current wages are £50K per week.

Are you steelerfan on Twitch? I'll add so that I can watch whenever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Are you steelerfan on Twitch? I'll add so that I can watch whenever possible.
    steelerfan1933

www.twitch.tv/steelerfan1933

And, yeah, I'd encourage you to watch. You have shown alot of interest in FIFA this year and maybe watching a bit would help you get a better idea of what the game is like.

I'm still debating which system to get this on. I'm 100% used to and comfortable playing FIFA on the Xbox One controller, it'd just feel weird while trying to play on PS4.

Yet, I sort of want to get it on PS4 on the off chance enough of us buy the game and we consoder trying to revive the TGT FC league that some of you guys had going a couple years ago.

But that's literally the only multiplayer I would ever play on FIFA. I just stick to player and manager career modes otherwise, so I have no problem going solo on Xbox One.