Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: steelerfan's FIFA 16 Manager Career

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Two words for you... NABIL FAKIR. You are probably aware but he's a striker in the French league and you can get him for cheap. Huge upside and gives a nice speed burst and accurate shot. I picked him up at the transfer/trade deadline and he was a stud... until he got hurt for 6 months...
    I will send a scout to the land of long bread, cigarettes and body odor immediately.

That said, I'm on a strict budget and am focusing more on loans and scouting right now so I'm not sure if he'll be cheap enough for me.

For the record, I follow along, I was following your entire previous thread over the past year, I just didn't have much time to watch all the videos. But regardless of whether you go text or Twitch/YouTube, I'll be following this one as well!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I will send a scout to the land of long bread, cigarettes and body odor immediately.

That said, I'm on a strict budget and am focusing more on loans and scouting right now so I'm not sure if he'll be cheap enough for me.
    Yeah.. "cheap" is a relative term when it comes to FIFA salaries.

I know a few of you follow along and I appreciate it.

The thing is, last year I got so bogged down with the videos and whatnot that I got to the point that I didn't want to play. So I'm just going to take it easy this year and do what I feel like doing and saying "fuck it" to the rest.

Whatever works best for you! As long as it keeps you going and enjoying playing, whichever method you pick is fine with me. I'll be following regardless.

A 1-1 draw was the result at The Den against Walsall.

Spoiler: show

A full week will pass before next Saturday's visit to Sheffield United. The Lions will be without Fred Onyedinma who was sent off in the dying embers of Saturday's draw with his second yellow card against Walsall.

Millwall have agreed to sell reserve striker John Marquis to Port Value for a fee of £300,000. Port Value representatives will meet with Marquis' agent to attempt to negotiate a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Whatever works best for you! As long as it keeps you going and enjoying playing, whichever method you pick is fine with me. I'll be following regardless.
    I agree. That being said... I am selfish and enjoy watching videos and live streams of other people playing their career modes/franchise modes. Back when Steeler used to stream The Show 14 I must have watched over 50 games. I watched a handful of yours and JB's games that year as well. I probably watched close to 70 games. I don't watch that many baseball games most years.

Millwall drew again, this time 0-0 at Sheffield United.

Up next, Crystal Palace comes to town on Tuesday for another cup tie. Should be a big challenge facing a Premier League side in the second round of the Capital One Cup.

For the record, I'm hoping to update the sliders at the beginning of this thread to what I'm using now. I'm going to play a few matches on 20-minute halves to see how it goes too. Right now, I'm averaging 20.43 shots (should be around 27) and 2.14 goals (should be around 2.7 to 3). I'm going to see if a 30% increase in time gets those numbers in the right neighborhood.

Millwall have agreed to sell reserve striker John Marquis to Port Value for a fee of £300,000. Port Value representatives will meet with Marquis' agent to attempt to negotiate a contract.
    This deal is done. Marquis agreed to terms with Port Vale.

Brought in Watford Center Back Tommie Hoban on a one year loan. This should immediately solidify my back line.

Huge shock result in the 2nd round of the Capital One Cup as Millwall send Premier League side Crystal Palace crashing out of the competition with a 2-1 win over the Eagles.

Lee Martin opened the scoring with a close-range volley in the 38th minute and Shane Ferguson scored the eventual match-winner with a brilliant header into the top right from 13 yards off of a corner.

Next up is a date with Peterborough in League 1.

Aiden O'Brien has been sent to Northampton on a 2-year loan and striker Kelechi Iheanacho has been brought in from Manchester City on a 2-year loan with a future purchase price of £1,300,000.

Another draw in League 1.

Transfer Deadline Day is fast approaching.

A very busy Deadline Day has passed.

CB Christian Mbulu (age 19, 52 OVR) was sent to Stevenage on a two-year loan.

CAM Diego Rojas (20, 67) was brought in from Catolica on a 2-year loan.

CM Uygar Mert Zeybek (20, 65) was brought in on a 2-year loan from Fenerbahce with a future fee set at £750,000.

CAM Andreas Pereira (19, 66) was brought in on a 2-year loan from Manchester United with a future fee set at £1,250,000.

ST Lee Gregory (27, 64) was sold to Shrewsbury for £500,000.

The squad looks quite different from the one that played in July in Sweden, going into the September 1st cup tie with Bristol Rovers in Johnstone's Paint Trophy first round match.

It should also be noted that CDM Nadjim Abdou suffered a bruised shoulder in the draw with Peterborough and will miss about a week and a half.

Another player, Matty Peltier, was signed to the club's Youth Academy.

Last edited by steelerfan; 09-26-2015 at 08:40 PM.

Survived a scoreless draw against Bristol and advanced on penalties, 6-5. Millwall will visit Stevenage in Round 2 of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy on October 6.

Up next is a Saturday visit to Coventry City in League 1.

What base formation do you run Steeler?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    What base formation do you run Steeler?
    A version of 4-5-1 (it is actually a 4-2-3-1).

A version of 4-5-1 (it is actually a 4-2-3-1).
    You have the players to run it effectively or are you in the process of building that "type" of team? I like that formation in the sense of ball control but I found I could never get enough penetration with 1 striker.