Thread: NBA 2K16 Presents: Play Now Online

• Facebook
  • Display

NBA 2K16 Presents: Play Now Online

Head to Head online games now matter. Wins and losses count toward reaching goals and new league seeds. Rising through the ranks won't be easy. But can you be the greatest of all-time?

So in this clip you can briefly see the option to 'Buy Wins.'

That feature is now confirmed:

So this is what CoreySA was talking about on Twitter

He was right EA would have been beaten down the road with something like this

Buy wins? Are you fucking serious?

I think the 'capper' is how the video stresses this mode will show and prove who is the best. I suppose if someone pays to get into a higher tier they will just end up as roadkill, but it definitely doesn't show or prove who is the best when you could beef up your record on the paying scrubs. The whole thing could get thrown out of whack, if I understand the system correctly.

Two wins equates to $5, I've read.

People are truly sad and desperate if they want 100% absolutely meaningless online wins that badly and can't earn them themselves and instead turning to buying wins.

What's next, spending $5 for a +2 K/D boost in Call of Duty?

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    People are truly sad and desperate if they want 100% absolutely meaningless online wins that badly and can't earn them themselves and instead turning to buying wins.

What's next, spending $5 for a +2 K/D boost in Call of Duty?
    We need to come out with a game that has no game included. All you do is spend money to buy trophies and wins to move up the leaderboards.

Cash. Fucking. Cow.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    We need to come out with a game that has no game included. All you do is spend money to buy trophies and wins to move up the leaderboards.

Cash. Fucking. Cow.
    Sadly, I think you're 100% correct. Some people on Pasta's twitter feed actually seemed to semi-like the idea. Of course, it's 2K. They could make you have to pay $5 just to start up the game and people would think it's brilliant. But EA try something like that, watch the pitchforks and torches come out!

I wish 2K would make it like Live 16 where you have to earn everything. I remember when people were outraged at 2K for charging for VC in the one that Jay-Z "executive produced". Then next year since the new consoles came out, it's like everyone is ok with paying for VC???

Esco - I am even seeing people on social media today talking about how they had so much fun playing MyPark last night that they are now going to spend money to help boost up their player.

That's probably what irks me the most...NBA 2K and some (not all) of its passionate fans are braggadocious in how 'sim' and 'real' the game is, but then they don't mind - and in the case of some, lovingly embrace - the VC model to build up players, now buying wins, etc.

It would not bother me a bit if they took all the VC cash they rake in and put it towards a college basketball game. Instead, they shell it out to Spike Lee.

And let's be honest, a lot of those same people are of the 2K is our Savior/EA is the devil thought of mind. If EA was the one doing all this VC stuff (and now the still entirely stupid "pay for online wins), they would be absolutely roasting EA alive. But since it's 2K, other than that first year outrage, they are perfectly fine with it!

Hilarious.

Ps- it's national coffee day

Thought there was a post on her about people already being Legends in MyPark and buying VC. When I logged on 2K last night I found out that if you pick the same MyPark you were in before you keep most of your rep from 2K15. My guy started out as a Pro 1. Think I was Pro 2 or 3 in 2K15 (after switching parks twice to play with some friends smh)