Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA 16 Impressions and Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Finally got the game late last night. It was delivered to my neighbors by mistake, who happen to be out of town yet it showed to be delivered.

Went straight to the Women's International Tourney. Picked US and played a match. Draw with Canada 1-1. Need some practice on defense and a better strategy on switching players. Canada took 17 shots to my 9. They had 10 more tackles and the only saving grace was possession was slightly higher for me and we were even on pass completion. Both goals were headers on corner kicks but I had 3 of my shots hit the post. Going to take some time to back into the swing of things but once I finish the tourney, I will start the career mode.

Any idea how to change the little red logo above the player you are controlling on defense to something more noticeable? I have been through the menus and found nothing that would be helpful on defense. Guess I could turn on the Trainer in a worst case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Any idea how to change the little red logo above the player you are controlling on defense to something more noticeable? I have been through the menus and found nothing that would be helpful on defense. Guess I could turn on the Trainer in a worst case scenario.
    There's no option to do that but it would be a good idea. It's easy to get lost on occasion.

Alright, I went ahead and bought this last night. I went with Xbox One for now simply because that's the controller I'm most used to when it comes to FIFA. Maybe if more of us pick up the game and there's future interest in reviving the TGT FC, I'll pick up a used PS4 copy down the road.

I'm hoping to do some streaming once I get settled into 16. I'm still actually playing 14 right now, despite having 16 installed overnight. I'm the middle of April of a season at Leicester City and want to finish out the season before abandoning my manager career in 14. Since I have to work late tonight and be up very early tomorrow, I probably won't get a chance to do much but finish 14 today. 16 will have to wait until tomorrow sometime.

Still not sure where I'll start. Whether I'll go my usual of starting in MLS with the Colorado Rapids and then try to jump to Europe after a season or two, or just start in one of the lower level English leagues, not sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Alright, I went ahead and bought this last night. I went with Xbox One for now simply because that's the controller I'm most used to when it comes to FIFA. Maybe if more of us pick up the game and there's future interest in reviving the TGT FC, I'll pick up a used PS4 copy down the road.

I'm hoping to do some streaming once I get settled into 16. I'm still actually playing 14 right now, despite having 16 installed overnight. I'm the middle of April of a season at Leicester City and want to finish out the season before abandoning my manager career in 14. Since I have to work late tonight and be up very early tomorrow, I probably won't get a chance to do much but finish 14 today. 16 will have to wait until tomorrow sometime.

Still not sure where I'll start. Whether I'll go my usual of starting in MLS with the Colorado Rapids and then try to jump to Europe after a season or two, or just start in one of the lower level English leagues, not sure yet.
    Have fun, man! Look forward to see what you're doing.

Yeah, going to have to live with the Trainer on to see who I am defending with. It's not that bad and bumping up the trainer to higher levels, reminds me of all the things I should be doing but completely forget. Like sending players on runs, etc.

Steeler, I gifted you a soccer ball for the gifting trophy. Have no idea why as I really do not give two shits about trophies. Plus I have to go in and delete the images, so it is more work than anything.

I'm anxiously looking forward to digging into this today. Wrapped up my last season at Leicester City last night on FIFA 14 with a 13th place finish in the Premiere League.

I'm still debating between starting a manager career at a low or bottom level English team or in the MLS and then eventually make the jump to England or Europe.

Yeah, going to have to live with the Trainer on to see who I am defending with. It's not that bad and bumping up the trainer to higher levels, reminds me of all the things I should be doing but completely forget. Like sending players on runs, etc.

Steeler, I gifted you a soccer ball for the gifting trophy. Have no idea why as I really do not give two shits about trophies. Plus I have to go in and delete the images, so it is more work than anything.
    I saw that this morning and was like, "wtf?". I had no idea there was a trophy involved.

I will reciprocate.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I saw that this morning and was like, "wtf?". I had no idea there was a trophy involved.

I will reciprocate.
    Guys, I hope your are practising "safe" gifting. When you take someones trophy you're also taking all the trophies that trophy has been with...

I'm anxiously looking forward to digging into this today. Wrapped up my last season at Leicester City last night on FIFA 14 with a 13th place finish in the Premiere League.

I'm still debating between starting a manager career at a low or bottom level English team or in the MLS and then eventually make the jump to England or Europe.
    Two words... Crystal Palace! Go Eagles!

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Guys, I hope your are practising "safe" gifting. When you take someones trophy you're also taking all the trophies that trophy has been with...
    I'm clean and he said he was so...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    So do not gift anything to JB? Not to mention the fact he probably played one of those Hannah Montana games.

So do not gift anything to JB? Not to mention the fact he probably played one of those Hannah Montana games.
    Yep. He has a Platinum in Hannah Montana-ing.

However, cdj is the creeper that went to the mall and bought it. "It's for my niece". Yeah, right.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Yep. He has a Platinum in Hannah Montana-ing.

However, cdj is the creeper that went to the mall and bought it. "It's for my niece". Yeah, right.
    At least you got the story right.

Sadly Hannah Montana is better than some games out there

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Really? CDJ? Does JB have some pictures of you with a farm animal or illegal use of a cornshucker? Cornshocker? So many unanswered questions that probably should stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    At least you got the story right.

Sadly Hannah Montana is better than some games out there

Like the new Tony Hawk game, I presume.

And probably CFM in Madden 16 too.

Actually I think he got it on eBay, not the mall.

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Actually I think he got it on eBay, not the mall.

Eww, sloppy seconds Hannah Montana.

Eww, sloppy seconds Hannah Montana.
    Not the first time in history...

The dude abides.

I read that a title update is out on PC and should hit the consoles very soon. Today, maybe?