Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA 16 Impressions and Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    All my Madden friends who have played this past several versions tell me how enjoyable this game is. In fact I actually played it a few times a few versions ago (can't recall which one) and had a blast playing it despite not being into soccer atleast watching it anyway. Played the hell out of Goal back in the day.

Mark this up as another game I'd like to get but video game budget doesn't allow for it lol
    If you find the extra cash, buy it. Great game!

nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    nice!
    Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll post my settings. Enjoy the game!

I'm not sure what's wrong with me but I'm coming down with something. Weak, achy, headache, tired and I feel like I'm going to vomit. It has progressively gotten worse over the last 24 hours so I may end up out of it for a few days but I hope not.

This would have to happen today.

FIFA 16 Impressions and Discussion

FIFA Fever

Feel better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Well, I'm starting to feel bad for having the ability to buy this game. You guys have made me depressed. I'll be over it in 45 minutes though.
    I'm not sure what's wrong with me but I'm coming down with something. Weak, achy, headache, tired and I feel like I'm going to vomit. It has progressively gotten worse over the last 24 hours so I may end up out of it for a few days but I hope not.

This would have to happen today.
    Now that's some fast working karma!

All seriousness, feel better soon man. I may not be able to play FIFA until this weekend, but I damn sure can read about it!

Steeler... 2 tylenol 2 beer and 20 minutes of sleep and then you're good to go! Seriously though, get better soon dude!

That sucks man! Get better soon.

Thanks, guys. I'm not 100% but I'm feeling better today. I was able to get a game in this morning. I made slider changes that are nearly identical to the ones that were made at OS yesterday. I'm beginning to think that I'm going to have to jump to World Class to get a real challenge from the CPU. The computer is challenging on Professional but I'm not sure it has enough offense and World Class may be what's needed to get it there.

Anyway, I played West Ham as Manchester United.

West Ham 0:2 Manchester United

Shots 7/12
    On Target 3/5
    Possession 54/46
    Tackles 12/14
    Fouls 6/5
    Yellow 2/2
    Red 0/0
    Injuries 1/0
    Offsides 0/4
    Corners 5/3

Shot Accuracy 42/41
    Pass Accuracy 81/70

Goals were scored by Daley Blind (36') and Anthony Martial (55').

Steeler interested on your thoughts of FIFA v. PES. I'm seeing several reviewers say that PES has passed FIFA by this year.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Steeler interested on your thoughts of FIFA v. PES. I'm seeing several reviewers say that PES has passed FIFA by this year.
    I've never played a retail copy of PES so it's tough for me to comment. I'm surprised to hear that though because I'm seeing gamers say the exact opposite.

It's tough for me to commit to PES because of licensing and all of the necessary editing (which I'm not sure I can do). I may try it when the price drops.

I do know, though, that cheesers and speed burst spammers are pissed about the realistic balance of FIFA's pace this year.

I've never played a retail copy of PES so it's tough for me to comment. I'm surprised to hear that though because I'm seeing gamers say the exact opposite.

It's tough for me to commit to PES because of licensing and all of the necessary editing (which I'm not sure I can do). I may try it when the price drops.

I do know, though, that cheesers and speed burst spammers are pissed about the realistic balance of FIFA's pace this year.
    Back when PES was good (early 00s) it was WAY better/more sim than the almost arcade like FIFA. Having played soccer from Kindergarten through High School I've just never been a fan of how FIFA felt and played (particularly the lack of anything resembling intelligence team defending).

I haven't played either this year but they are on my rental queue.

Back when PES was good (early 00s) it was WAY better/more sim than the almost arcade like FIFA. Having played soccer from Kindergarten through High School I've just never been a fan of how FIFA felt and played (particularly the lack of anything resembling intelligence team defending).

I haven't played either this year but they are on my rental queue.
    You should definitely play them both and decide for yourself. I know FIFA has come a long way in many areas this year.

Just got another game in, this time on World Class. The game flowed much better and was much more enjoyable than any of the matches I played on Professional. I was West Brom and played against Crystal Palace.

West Brom 1:1 Crystal Palace

Shots 8/15
    On Target 5/7
    Possession 47/53
    Tackles 9/15
    Fouls 3/5
    Yellow 0/1
    Red 0/0
    Injuries 0/0
    Offsides 1/0
    Corners 5/4

Shot Accuracy 62/46
    Pass Accuracy 83/89

Goals came from James Morrison (54') and Joe Ledley (90').

Just played with Watford at Carrow Road and lost to the Canaries, 2-0.

Norwich City 2:0 Watford

Shots 18/9
    On Target 8/5
    Possession 54/46
    Tackles 18/11
    Fouls 1/4
    Yellow 1/1
    Red 0/0
    Injuries 0/1
    Offsides 1/0
    Corners 1/4

Shot Accuracy 44/55
    Pass Accuracy 90/82

Alexander Tettey opened the scoring in the 22nd minute and Wes Hoolahan came off the bench to convert from the penalty spot in the 67th.

Take a look at this thread. It may answer your question. Proper English and spelling aside, I think the majority in this thread (on the very topic you asked about) feel that the reviewers that are down on FIFA are not sim players.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=856329
    Fifa 16: An Indictment against Reviewer Competency

I absolutely love the new Player Development Training in Career Mode. Combined with 2-year loans, I can see opportunities for small clubs to take young players on loan, set a future buy fee and train the hell out of the kid for 2 years then buy him at a reasonable price.

The Training itself is fun and doesn't seem overpowered at all. Love it!

I absolutely love the new Player Development Training in Career Mode. Combined with 2-year loans, I can see opportunities for small clubs to take young players on loan, set a future buy fee and train the hell out of the kid for 2 years then buy him at a reasonable price.

The Training itself is fun and doesn't seem overpowered at all. Love it!
    I didn't play any training sessions as I didn't have the hours. I just used cpu simulated training.

Well I guess it is ramen noodles and water for me next week. I could not hold out any longer. Will have FIFA 16 Monday from Amazon. Nothing really interests me until Fallout hits in November. Going to spend the next couple months playing this, Golf Club and Madden non-stop.

Steeler, once I get some practice in and career started, would you be interested in some Chelsea vs Man City online matchups? Never played FIFA online but would be willing to try.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Well I guess it is ramen noodles and water for me next week. I could not hold out any longer. Will have FIFA 16 Monday from Amazon. Nothing really interests me until Fallout hits in November. Going to spend the next couple months playing this, Golf Club and Madden non-stop.

Steeler, once I get some practice in and career started, would you be interested in some Chelsea vs Man City online matchups? Never played FIFA online but would be willing to try.
    If you have a slice of cheese, tear it to bits and put it in the Ramen before you nuke it.

Yes, I'll play a little online. I'm not much for that sort of thing either but ok.