Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: FIFA 16 Impressions and Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Alright, I went ahead and bought this last night. I went with Xbox One for now simply because that's the controller I'm most used to when it comes to FIFA. Maybe if more of us pick up the game and there's future interest in reviving the TGT FC, I'll pick up a used PS4 copy down the road.

I'm hoping to do some streaming once I get settled into 16. I'm still actually playing 14 right now, despite having 16 installed overnight. I'm the middle of April of a season at Leicester City and want to finish out the season before abandoning my manager career in 14. Since I have to work late tonight and be up very early tomorrow, I probably won't get a chance to do much but finish 14 today. 16 will have to wait until tomorrow sometime.

Still not sure where I'll start. Whether I'll go my usual of starting in MLS with the Colorado Rapids and then try to jump to Europe after a season or two, or just start in one of the lower level English leagues, not sure yet.

I think you're on my friends list on Xbox1, if not, my name there is: gigemaggs99.

I bought Fifa 16 today for the Xbox1. I traded in some old games but went w/ the Xbox1 version for 2 reasons. It has the "legends" I'm not 100% sure what that means LOL, it's the Deluxe Edition with Legends.

I also have the external HD on the Xbox1, it's only 6.5% full compared to my PS4 that has maybe 5 or 6 games on the default HD and it's 95% full, so if I wanted to put Ffifa16 onto the PS4 I'd have to delete games, or pay extra for another external/HD upgrade.

So, morale of the story is, if you'd like to play a hack (me) I'd like to play some games.

Gus

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I read that a title update is out on PC and should hit the consoles very soon. Today, maybe?
    Any word on what it contains?

Any word on what it contains?
    No, but the PC crowd (including some that I trust) are saying that it has ironed out alot in the gameplay.

No, but the PC crowd (including some that I trust) are saying that it has ironed out alot in the gameplay.
    If true, always a good thing! I'll have to dig into 16 some more tonight after the games.

? can someone tell me how/where to go to find the practice field?

I find tutorials online on how to do this on the PC DEMO but not on Xbox1 or PS4 full version. I was wanting to show my kids how to play on the practice field, not in a game.

I don't know how to get to the "arena" mode.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    ? can someone tell me how/where to go to find the practice field?

I find tutorials online on how to do this on the PC DEMO but not on Xbox1 or PS4 full version. I was wanting to show my kids how to play on the practice field, not in a game.

I don't know how to get to the "arena" mode.
    Bottom left, under the "Play" tab.

Ok, thank you sir. Smooth, thanks for the Xbox message.

So now we are able to find the practice arena. In the past you could play 11 v 11 or any other amount of players v players. I was hoping to show them how to play in that area, maybe this isn't an option on this year's game?

Ok, thank you sir. Smooth, thanks for the Xbox message.

So now we are able to find the practice arena. In the past you could play 11 v 11 or any other amount of players v players. I was hoping to show them how to play in that area, maybe this isn't an option on this year's game?
    I'm not sure. I couldn't figure that out either and I haven't seen it on current gen. I think it was removed on current gen and they've just decided the drills were good enough.

That's what I'm thinking. I was trying to figure out the same problem, but could only ever get the one on one with the Goalkeeper. It's a shame if they got rid of that ability. It was a nice way to practice some tactics and moves, as well as practice dribbling and shot approach with at least two or three defenders there.

That's what I'm thinking. I was trying to figure out the same problem, but could only ever get the one on one with the Goalkeeper. It's a shame if they got rid of that ability. It was a nice way to practice some tactics and moves, as well as practice dribbling and shot approach with at least two or three defenders there.
    I liked being able to work on set pieces. Seeing up free kicks all over the pitch and trying stuff out.

I liked being able to work on set pieces. Seeing up free kicks all over the pitch and trying stuff out.
    Yeah, that came in handy. When I'm in the middle of a game, I can't use a free kick to experiment. So being able to work on set pieces and practice free kicks were a great aid.

Game does NOT suck!

Game does NOT suck!

SUCKS!

Spoiler: show

Patch is out for PS4.

Last edited by steelerfan; 10-05-2015 at 11:18 PM.

Here is goal for you all to try and replicate.

https://youtu.be/jgt5RurzdvM

here is goal for you all to try and replicate.

https://youtu.be/jgt5rurzdvm
    very very sweet!

So my 4 year old runs around saying random things like "yellow" and "what did you say daddy?" Xbox kinetic keeps flashing, "unknown command" while playing Fifa 16 LOL!

Then he'll say something and it will all of a sudden pop up, command recognized and start cycling through my lineup asking me how I want to sub in/out....

I guess the morale of the story is play while he's napping.

For what it's worth I did load these sliders http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ll-manual.html

The game played GREAT!

2 questions:

1) has anyone else had a problem with the game freezing? I'm on Xbox1 and after a game it will say "loading...." and it just sits there, I let it sit for about 10 mins but nothing ever happens so eventually the only option I have is to shut off my Xbox 1.

2) how do you upload highlights from FUT? I had a sweet corner kick header that I scored on, I could watch the replay but never had an option to save the highlight for upload the highlight. In the regular game "kick off" I've been able to create highlights to upload.

1) No. Never.

2) I'm on PS4 and I don't play FUT. Sorry.

2 questions:

1) has anyone else had a problem with the game freezing? I'm on Xbox1 and after a game it will say "loading...." and it just sits there, I let it sit for about 10 mins but nothing ever happens so eventually the only option I have is to shut off my Xbox 1.

2) how do you upload highlights from FUT? I had a sweet corner kick header that I scored on, I could watch the replay but never had an option to save the highlight for upload the highlight. In the regular game "kick off" I've been able to create highlights to upload.
    I can only speak for EA ACCESS but I never had a loading issue. I was impressed by how fast the game loads as compared to Madden actually. Was the freezing issue a one time thing or is it a continuing issue?