Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA 16 Impressions and Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

FIFA 16 Impressions and Discussion

FIFA 16 releases in less than 8 hours. Feel free to discuss the game, ask questions and give impressions.

Christmas in September is here!

Low on cash until payday on Friday. Debating biting the bullet, buying the game today and just getting by on what little extra money I'd have left until payday at the end of the week, or wait until the weekend to buy the game. This game is that damn good.

I was going to go with PES but changed back to the safe choice. Plan on getting it next month, as with Smooth I am low on funds.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    I was going to go with PES but changed back to the safe choice. Plan on getting it next month, as with Smooth I am low on funds.
    Yeah, PES has intrigued me, but for $60, I'm just not willing to take the risk.

And, as much as I would love to jump on FIFA tomorrow, I think I'm gonna have to wait until the weekend. The money may end up just too tight to make it to Friday. I'll just wait it out. I've got the Rainbow Six Siege technical test to play on my One for the next couple days.

Honestly want to buy... but like you guys, low and funds AND the wife will be slightly annoyed as I have spend more on video games this year than any other year of my life. This no NCAA stuff has forced me to broaden my gaming horizons.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Honestly want to buy... but like you guys, low and funds AND the wife will be slightly annoyed as I have spend more on video games this year than any other year of my life. This no NCAA stuff has forced me to broaden my gaming horizons.
    Join me in Minecraft, you can help me build a replica of Canada. Almost 90% done.

Last edited by bdoughty; 09-21-2015 at 09:36 PM.

Well, I'm starting to feel bad for having the ability to buy this game. You guys have made me depressed. I'll be over it in 45 minutes though.

As for PES, I just couldn't get comfortable with that game because of the lack of leagues (only 2 levels in England) and I'm also not comfortable with all of the editing that would be needed and if it's even possible (or possible for someone like me). I will consider PES at a reduced price but I'm not paying full price with all of the risk factors.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Well, I'm starting to feel bad for having the ability to buy this game. You guys have made me depressed. I'll be over it in 45 minutes though.

As for PES, I just couldn't get comfortable with that game because of the lack of leagues (only 2 levels in England) and I'm also not comfortable with all of the editing that would be needed and if it's even possible (or possible for someone like me). I will consider PES at a reduced price but I'm not paying full price with all of the risk factors.
    Waiting patiently for your impression Steeler. Merry Christmas!

Join me in Minecraft, you can help me build a replica of Canada. Almost 90% done.

Can't we all just get along? PS... Ice hockey...best Nintendo Game on the market!

Thanks, jaymo.

Fyi, on start up I had something like 5500 coins and was able to buy all of the English historic kits including the Championship and and League 1. I also got the international ones and a Real Madrid one.
    Last edited by steelerfan; 09-21-2015 at 11:59 PM.

Got my first match in. I'm using mostly Manual controls, OS's community sliders and I'm playing on Professional with 15-minute halves.

Chelsea 3:0 AFC Bournemouth

Shots 17/11
    On Target 9/8
    Possession 55/45
    Tackles 12/11
    Yellow 0/0
    Red 0/0
    Injuries 0/0
    Offsides 2/0
    Corners 8/4

Shot Accuracy 52/72
    Pass Accuracy 82/87

It's just one game so I'm not going to run wild with impressions but the game is alot of fun and it feels more like football than what I've seen in the past.

The CPU is very good, even on Pro. I know the scoreline doesn't look it but I had to earn that won over a vastly inferior side.

I'm glad the stoppage time bug is fixed. I had 3 minutes in the first half and 4 in the second. On FIFA 15 I had 5 minutes 99% of the time, with the occasional 4 minutes.

I'm not sure if I'll need to overhaul Pro or dumb down World Class to get the game exactly the way I want it yet.

No cards heh? I saw almost none in the matches I played.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    No cards heh? I saw almost none in the matches I played.
    Not in the first match. But 3 in the second one. I played in foggy conditions at The KC as Hull against QPR.

Hull City 0:1 QPR

Shots 11/8
    On Target 4/4
    Possession 52/48
    Tackles 7/19
    Fouls 6/7
    Yellow 2/1
    Red 0/0
    Injuries 0/0
    Offsides 3/1
    Corners 4/4

Shot Accuracy 36/50
    Pass Accuracy 79/82

Charlie Austin scored the only goal of the match with a 19-yard strike into the left side in the 57th minute. Lots of fun, a real grind. The fog looks great. The only adjustments I made from the first match were upping Pass and Shot Error. Looks like I may need more CPU Shot Error but I'll stand pat for a few games.

My third match was in Football League 2 at Fratton Park between Portsmouth and Cambridge United. I was Cambridge.

Portsmouth 0:1 Cambridge United

Shots 17/13
    On Target 6/4
    Possession 47/53
    Tackles 14/13
    Fouls 6/8
    Yellow 1/2
    Red 0/0
    Injuries 0/0
    Offsides 0/1
    Corners 2/4

Shot Accuracy 35/30
    Pass Accuracy 81/71

The line goal came in stoppage time as I snatched a late result with a partially deflected Robbie Simpson header that trickled over the line. 14 fouls and 3 bookings.

Got another match in as Spots at Liberty Stadium. Same sliders as the previous 2 matches.

Swansea 1:0 Tottenham

Shots 5/14
    On Target 2/5
    Possession 49/51
    Tackles 23/14
    Fouls 5/3
    Yellow 0/0
    Red 0/0
    Injuries 0/0
    Offsides 0/3
    Corners 0/4

Shot Accuracy 40/35
    Pass Accuracy 87/83

Gylfi Sigurdsson scored the match winner from the top of the area in the 78th.

Hey Steeler, quick question. Last year I think you used coop camera. Is that correct? What zoom did you use? I love that view but can't remember.

I'm going to start off with 10 minute halves and no slider adjustments...yet. I used your slider set from last year so I'll probably wait until you post a set. Have fun man. I downloaded it last night but I'm working until 5.

Played at the Emirates as Arsenal against Everton.

Arsenal 2:0 Everton

Shots 12/12
    On Target 5/5
    Possession 49/51
    Tackles 9/16
    Fouls 2/4
    Yellow 0/1
    Red 0/0
    Injuries 2/1
    Offsides 0/0
    Corners 5/1

Shot Accuracy 41/41
    Pass Accuracy 74/83

I got a goal in the 2nd minute from Theo Walcott and another in the 77th from Santi Cazorla.

All my Madden friends who have played this past several versions tell me how enjoyable this game is. In fact I actually played it a few times a few versions ago (can't recall which one) and had a blast playing it despite not being into soccer atleast watching it anyway. Played the hell out of Goal back in the day.

Mark this up as another game I'd like to get but video game budget doesn't allow for it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Hey Steeler, quick question. Last year I think you used coop camera. Is that correct? What zoom did you use? I love that view but can't remember.

I'm going to start off with 10 minute halves and no slider adjustments...yet. I used your slider set from last year so I'll probably wait until you post a set. Have fun man. I downloaded it last night but I'm working until 5.
    I don't remember the zoom but it should carry over for you from 15. It is co-op cam that I used last year and I noticed that the camera settings carried over from 15 when I first fired up 16.