Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FIFA 16 EA Access

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    A couple thoughts on your Manager Mode video (thank you for posting it).

1. I would suggest using a STRICT financial budget. If you plan on playing multiple seasons, it will get too easy otherwise.

2. When setting up European competitions in year 1, do the second randomization of the clubs. It will give you realistic clubs in those competitions. In your video, Watford was in the Champions League.

3. The "Value" of a player is not his wages. It's the perceived value he has if you were to sell him. The player you commented about is not making £4,000,000.

Again, thanks for all the videos! I can't wait for tomorrow night!
    Thanks for the feedback! Since I am limited on time I am going through things far more quickly than I would like. last night I went back in and played with training. I didn't realize at first that their is scouting for youth club talent and scouting existing teams and their talent. Once I realized that I felt pretty dumb as I realize I sent a scout to Algeria but they were not yet playing so he had nothing to do. Scouting club teams is a really nice option and keeps you very busy between games.

Also, I'm not sure if it is new or was in last year as well but I see in order to get throwbacks, unique celebrations, different types of equipment, more money fro a rich owner, etc. you have to gain FIFA points and then buy and unlock items. Last night I unlocked billionaire owner so that I could go after Cahill. I guess it's a nice addition to keep you busy trying to get FIFA coins but in a lot of ways I would rather just have things available from the start. For example, playing Arsenal last night I could not use their throwbacks as I had not yet bought and unlocked their throwback uniforms.

Steeler, another thing to consider is that if you don't go European... the atmosphere is somewhat lacking. The chants are less loud and less intense and outside of the big leagues the vast majority of stadiums are generic. I love playing in the authentic stadiums and hearing the "real" crowds. Now for a seasoned vet like you it probably won't matter as you know everything there is to know about the game and will probably play for a good 10 seasons so you will get to the big leagues very quickly.

I was tempted last night to go PSG in the French league but Barclays in what I think when I thing top tier.

I will try to get to the Chelsea vs Crystal palace matchup tonight. I will also try to stream and then make a video of it. I currently have two more games to get there (one in Barclays and another in a championship series).

It should (maybe not on Access) carry over your level from EA Sports FC rich will allow you to have access to unlock some things that aren't otherwise even available to be unlocked (they're grayed out).

If that's still the case, I'm something like Level 45 so I'm usually high enough to start unlocking all of the kits as I accumulate coins.

After I get the kits, I start unlocking the boots even though I almost never use them.

I don't care to use any cheats.

I'm not sure if that applies to Access or if it is even part of 16 at all though.

I see they took out creation centre? Was it in last year? IMO it was the best creation mode of any EA Sports title. I wonder why it was removed from next gen?

Yeah, it'll carry over your level and settings when you start things up. When I bought FIFA 14, first thing it did was carry over all of my stuff from FIFA 12. Other than that, I sort of liking having to unlock things through play. It makes you have to earn it instead of just instantly building a stacked team thanks to the billionaire owner and everything else. And the fact you unlock the stuff just by simple gameplay and leveling up instead of having to pay for it like everything else these days is nice.

Prompted to download the day 1 patch. It comes in at 347mb.

No, jaymo.

No Creation Centre last year, either. I'm assuming the same for next-gen 14 (I was on PS3 still).

Just had my butt handed to me by Aston Villa. 2-0 loss but I was outshot 15-4 and they have possession for 78% of the match. Clearly a 4-4-2 was not the right matchup. I will need to take advantage of some different formations in future. That puts me near the bottom of the table...

Not sure what the issue is tonight as I cannot stay in the game due to the signal dropping. Once the conenction goes down you cannot play Access. Xbox1 has some reported service issues but EA Access is not one of them. Is it an EA issue?
    Last edited by jaymo76; 09-21-2015 at 12:53 AM.

Two things...

1. Got my first win tonight. It came @ Sheffield Wednesday in round 2 of the Capital One Cup. I won 2-1 with a goal by Gable in the 110th minute. It might have been the best through ball I have ever delivered in FIFA.

2. I see that two of my games this season needed to be rescheduled. It didn't say why but they now have new dates. I thought that was pretty cool... one of those small details.

Next up is Chelsea. Sadly Cahill is injured and will miss the game. I also have a big transfer I am working on and hope to land it before Access is up. What is so much fun about this game is trying to build up a squad that you like. I am trying to land a lot of international young and fast winger/striker talent that is on the rise to greatness. My team has way too many CAM and CDM and not enough wingers and strikers. I am strongly considering morphing into a 4-3-3 but it's all dependent on the transfers as currently my talent isn't suited for that system. It has been tough working the 4-4-2 / 4-4-2 diamond as is.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 09-21-2015 at 01:04 AM.

Just fyi, jaymo. The rescheduling happens to fit in cup matches. When you advanced in the Capital One Cup, a couple dates were moved (probably by one day) to squeeze your 3rd round match between them.

Just got crushed 2-0 by Chelsea. They just have too much talent. I could barely scratch their side of the field. Ugly!

Just appointed to Manager of Turkey... then my time ran out. Beautiful game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Just appointed to Manager of Turkey... then my time ran out. Beautiful game!!!
    Thanks again for all the info and videos. I hope you can grab the retail version soon!