Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL Fanboy Team Previews

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    New Staff Shows Improvement, But Not Enough In Year One

Chicago Bears 8-8
    They ended up 6-10, but I was pretty spot on with a lot of stuff.

The offense clicks better as Cutler responds better to the new offensive system with a career high quarterback rating of 95.2.
    92.3, not terribly far off. He was definitely a better QB under Fox and Gase.

The loss of Kevin White is probably what will keep the offense from being elite and pulling the team into the playoffs. Eddie Royal will have a resurgence in his career with an 75 catch 1000 yard 7 TD season opposite of Alshon Jeffery on the outside and also used in the slot.

Forte shows some sign of getting old, but still tops 1000 yards, but has a significant decrease in pass catches. Backup Jeremy Langford also runs for 500 yards to show that the future could be bring if Forte needs to ease up on the workload.
    Forte had 898, Langford had 537. Forte probably won't be re-signed this year, and Langford starts in 2016.

I was off on Royal as he and Jeffrey were both hurt most of the year.

The defense is still a mess, but show's a lot more solidarity under Fox. Unfortunately they end up ranked 25th against the pass, though an improvement from last year, it is still not good enough. The bright spots come from the young linebacking core, but it is clear that the defensive line and backs will need to be improved through the draft or free agency next year to make that next step into the playoffs.

Detroit takes a step back and Minnesota takes a step forward, and Chicago ends up in the middle for 3rd in the NFC North at 8-8, and still could be a couple years away from a run in the playoffs again.
    I was way off on this as the defense gelled late in the year and was 4th in the league in yards per game for the pass defense. The run defense was 10th. They did give up a good deal of points though.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    The Saints are gonna suck.

10 wins at most. But I'm thinking 9-7.
    I'm dyslexic apparently.

I was right about the Saints sucking though.