Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden 16 CFM Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Could be confidence? Isn't that over powered right now and buggy?
    Possibly but all my players are at 100 or higher so it should benefit me?

I've read the third stage of scouting, true rating, is flawed and false. You are better off ignoring it.

I've read the third stage of scouting, true rating, is flawed and false. You are better off ignoring it.
    How is that even possible?

So.... now that the 1st patch is out I hope CFM is at least playable - but I'll wait around to here the good word before diving in.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    So.... now that the 1st patch is out I hope CFM is at least playable - but I'll wait around to here the good word before diving in.
    Ditto. I shall let the Ambiguous Canadian Duo let me know when it safe to start.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    How is that even possible?
    Really? In the sense that the rating is not the correct 3rd highest attribute or that the stock in the draft is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Ditto. I shall let the Ambiguous Canadian Duo let me know when it safe to start.
    We prefer the name Bob and Doug...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Really? In the sense that the rating is not the correct 3rd highest attribute or that the stock in the draft is wrong?
    I am going to post some quotes from OS. True rating just tricks you. I would expect it to be more accurate, not less.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...xperience.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorfan89 View Post
    I really just don't understand it at this point, to be honest.

I hired the highest level scout that I could (lvl 23). When I scout people, as everyone knows, I am shown the current projected draft position, and then a true value once I complete scouting. What has me confused, is that true value seems like complete BS.

For example I had a top 5 pick and needed a WR. There was a WR projected as an 'early 1st round' pick. I completed my scouting and his 'True value' was listed as 'early first round' and it changed his little diamond green. I drafted him thinking it was safe based on his true value, and then it tells me it was a huge reach, and that he was the 53rd best player in the draft.

In the very same draft I scouted a QB projected as mid 4th round. After scouting him it said his true value was as a early 4th round pick. I selected him in the late third round, and he was an 84 overall QB, and was the 2nd best overall player in the entire draft.

Now, while it was exciting to select the QB and get a steal, what is the point in scouting for a players 'true value' if that is complete 100% BS. I mean, I'm not saying it needs to give the exact spot a player should be rated. But, if a player is the 53rd best player in the draft it shouldnt tell me the 'true value' is early first. If a player is the 2nd best player in the draft it shouldn't tell me that the 'true value' is early 4th. Something at least a little closer to the real spot would be nice. As it stand it seems like you should ignore the 'true value' metric completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by lowndsy View Post
    Thats good then a cpu team took a round 3 rated wr 2 rounds Early! Lucky for you I say. If he was rated round 1 pick he would not fall to round 3 just because you scouted him correctly. Means you did not waste a round 1 pick on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayInSaratoga View Post
    With the small sample size I have, I think you can ignore the "true rating". I had the 4th pick in the draft and desperately needed a QB. There were 2 that were projected to go in the top 10:

QB-1
    Arm Strength: B
    Med Accuracy: A
    Throw on Run: C
    Combine numbers: Probably a statue in the pocket
    true rating: high 1st

QB-2
    Arm Strength: A
    Deep Accuracy: B+
    Throw on Run: B
    Combine numbers: Not a running QB, but some mobility
    true rating: mid 2nd

I felt I preferred the 2nd QB despite the "true rating". The decision was made easy when Arizona snatched QB-1 one pick before me. I took QB-2 and he came in rated 79 overall with 93 THP, 79 DAC, 81 MAC, 80 SAC. I took a look at QB-1: 75 OVR, 85 THP, 61 DAC, 85 MAC, 88 SAC.

For what I was looking for I got the right guy. Even if the analysis box that popped up told me he was the 53rd best player in the draft and I reached.
    Last edited by Rudy; 09-09-2015 at 06:53 PM.

Apparently at least two bad bugs still exist: OTs regress up to 25 points in PBK (without affecting OVR) and accelerated clock in User vs User games does not work.

Jake Stein has stated the team is aware of the accelerated clock issue; I haven't seen any comments yet in the OT issue.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Someone at OS said the Player likeness Add On is now available. Check the add-on section, not an automatic download.

People are claiming the tuner is screwing up the gameplay in franchise and should be deleted. I don't know how true this is. Complaints about cpu qb play mostly.

Started my CFM last night, but the roster isn't updated, so I may start over once that happens as I only played two games last night.

In those two games the total points were around mid-30's and neither CPU QB topped 100 yards passing.

Is anyone using a pre-existing slider set that is good?
    The dude abides.

Is CFM even playable? I've been reading everything Rudy and Jaymo have posted and it sounds like I wasted 60 bucks. I only play offline dynasty. I was hoping to get in a month of playtime before Fifa 16 drops but it still sounds like CFM is borked. Ugh.

I would hold off right now. Confidence gets out of control and the LT regression glitch is bad. I may start a test franchise when the new rosters come out tomorrow and see for myself.

Thx Rudy...that's what I thought. Once Fifa is out I'll be done with madden.

Sucks cause I do like the gameplay. Would have loved to see what NCAA looked like with this kind of gameplay.

I was thinking about NCAA the other day. Playing with a true spread is fun and it's hard to beat recruiting and building a program. That was always fun.

I would hold off right now. Confidence gets out of control and the LT regression glitch is bad. I may start a test franchise when the new rosters come out tomorrow and see for myself.
    Good lord - someday I'd like to know how the hell this stuff gets past QA or it doesn't get past QA and EA just says f it we will patch it (or not) later.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Good lord - someday I'd like to know how the hell this stuff gets past QA or it doesn't get past QA and EA just says f it we will patch it (or not) later.
    Someone in the QA caught both, I am sure of that. They either did not catch them quick enough or was a low priority and did not make it in time to be in this particular patch. With the NFL Season starting today they had to be under some pressure to get the patch to Sony/EA quick enough to pass cert before the season starts.

We let the Dev team off the hook with too much blame going to minimum wage qa testers. Some things are obscure but some are blatant and simply playing a franchise would reveal some of this. I figure most of the play testing is done head to head rather than against CPU and certainly not much playing in franchise. The core guys have to test this stuff themselves.

We let the Dev team off the hook with too much blame going to minimum wage qa testers. Some things are obscure but some are blatant and simply playing a franchise would reveal some of this. I figure most of the play testing is done head to head rather than against CPU and certainly not much playing in franchise. The core guys have to test this stuff themselves.
    What's really frustrating is that so many issues are easy to find. Hell, I found most within my 10 hours of EA ACCESS. I tell you what, give me a copy of the game two weeks in advance and I will play test it for free and ID all of the CFM issues within a few days.