Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Madden 16 CFM Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Assuming the patch fixes all of the bugs in CFM, would anyone be interested in participating in a TGT CFM? It'd only be regular visitors or people recommended by regular visitors.

I'd be happy to run and organize it but would be willing to defer to someone with more experience with Madden.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    I'd give it a shot.
    The dude abides.

Madden is getting a patch very soon. Hopefully it will clean up some things in franchise like LT regression and drive goals. I haven't been playing lately at all. Hoping for some good stuff.

Still waiting to start my CFM. I hear a few people complaining they are losing games played when you exit out. While I know sim speed is quicker with the cloud, is it safer to go the hard drive route? I plan to play it single player and the Sim speed has never really bothered me.

Welp judging from the post at OS it doesn't look like this patch fixed any of the issues with drive goals or the offensive line regression.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Assuming the patch fixes all of the bugs in CFM, would anyone be interested in participating in a TGT CFM? It'd only be regular visitors or people recommended by regular visitors.

I'd be happy to run and organize it but would be willing to defer to someone with more experience with Madden.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    I might be down. Depends on how quickly it moves tho.

insert generic sig

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Welp judging from the post at OS it doesn't look like this patch fixed any of the issues with drive goals or the offensive line regression.
    OT regression appears fixed. What's the issue with drive goals?

insert generic sig

Quote Originally Posted by thatBuckeye View Post
    OT regression appears fixed. What's the issue with drive goals?

insert generic sig
    Drive goals are very easy resulting in high confidence and over powered teams. Guys are saying it's hard to lose later in a season. So many are doing one of two work around. Either control all 32 teams or just the opposing coach during the week of your game and retiring afterwards. If they just let us reset confidence up AND DOWN instead of just up it would be an easy fix.

Plus drive goal pop ups are extremely annoying and you can't turn them off without shutting all stats off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Drive goals are very easy resulting in high confidence and over powered teams. Guys are saying it's hard to lose later in a season. So many are doing one of two work around. Either control all 32 teams or just the opposing coach during the week of your game and retiring afterwards. If they just let us reset confidence up AND DOWN instead of just up it would be an easy fix.

Plus drive goal pop ups are extremely annoying and you can't turn them off without shutting all stats off.
    Ah... I only play online so that's not really an issue there for us. Yeah I have read about that offline.

insert generic sig

Every single starter on my team is 99 for confidence. As to the LT regression being fixed... I don't think that is correct based on the people running sims from scratch. It is more random now but still appears to be an issue.

I'm 4-0 on my season. The first couple games were tough as WAS made a comeback and it took OT to beat the Jags. But the Bills got easier and I spanked the Jets. The one thing I really like is the elite QBs are WAY better than the bad ones this year. This is a HUGE improvement for Madden. Too bad my real Dolphins weren't the same. Up next is Mariotta for me. Going to try the coach method again to remove drive goals and pray I don't get the cpu no-snap bug on me like last time.

So.... is it even worth trying a CFM or time tv grind out the play and trade in

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    So.... is it even worth trying a CFM or time tv grind out the play and trade in
    Normally I would say "yes" but at this point I am only at game 10. I should be 2-3 seasons in by now. I really can't recommend one way or another. The game plays well and lacks excitement at the same time. I guess the question is can you overlook the known issues?

I feel the same as way Jaymo. All the bugs and waiting have let the air out of the balloon. I'm only six games in.

Yeah, I've only just jumped into a throwaway CFM, only one or two games in, but I just can't get pumped up to play at will. I can jump on GTA V or FIFA 16 or, for an older game, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and literally sit there for 6 hours straight doing anything and everything and enjoying the hell out of myself.

I can still sit there on NCAA 14 for literally an entire day, morning to dead of night, playing two or three games and writing entire pages of write-ups, summaries, recaps, etc.

There's just something about Madden that I don't just feel that entertained enough to just sit down at random and fire it up at any given moment. I have to actually be in a mood for it.

I forgot all about the twitter feed and draft stories. The "things to do" tab is a good thing but the twitter feed should have stayed there. That keeps you more connected with the rest of the league. Also, the quick depth chart isn't that good. It only let's you do vertical changes. Moving a RG to LG isn't possible when I tried. I still like the traditional option. I'd really like formation subs.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, I've only just jumped into a throwaway CFM, only one or two games in, but I just can't get pumped up to play at will. I can jump on GTA V or FIFA 16 or, for an older game, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and literally sit there for 6 hours straight doing anything and everything and enjoying the hell out of myself.

I can still sit there on NCAA 14 for literally an entire day, morning to dead of night, playing two or three games and writing entire pages of write-ups, summaries, recaps, etc.

There's just something about Madden that I don't just feel that entertained enough to just sit down at random and fire it up at any given moment. I have to actually be in a mood for it.

Agreed, I was playing a bunch of Madden, trying different sliders, working through a CFM, it seems like the patch and update changes things, not sure if it's for the better, just changes things.

I go out and buy Fifa, maybe it's b/c I've played a lot of Madden and not much Fifa, but I could play FIFA a lot, my kids even want to play more FIFA than Madden, probably a lot of it has to do with it's new, but FIFA is FUN.

Maybe it's a simpler game to replicate. Madden requires all this O-line vs D-line animation and then there is WR vs DB interactions. FIFA just seems to be really smooth, it looks great, controls are smooth as all get out (XBOX1 version here). I remember playing Fifa a few years back and it was not as smooth on the controls, almost delayed, now this Fifa 16 it just seems really smooth. Who knows, EA could always do an "update" and fubar everything but so far Fifa is FUN!

It seems like this years Fifa is like an NCAA or Madden of old. On Fifa I tell the guy to move left or right and it's instant, on Madden it seems delayed, almost slowed down, like a bad reaction time. If I tell a guy to juke he seems to do it after the fact or not at all. On Fifa, you do a move and it's instantaneous.
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 10-05-2015 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    Agreed, I was playing a bunch of Madden, trying different sliders, working through a CFM, it seems like the patch and update changes things, not sure if it's for the better, just changes things.

I go out and buy Fifa, maybe it's b/c I've played a lot of Madden and not much Fifa, but I could play FIFA a lot, my kids even want to play more FIFA than Madden, probably a lot of it has to do with it's new, but FIFA is FUN.

Maybe it's a simpler game to replicate. Madden requires all this O-line vs D-line animation and then there is WR vs DB interactions. FIFA just seems to be really smooth, it looks great, controls are smooth as all get out (XBOX1 version here). I remember playing Fifa a few years back and it was not as smooth on the controls, almost delayed, now this Fifa 16 it just seems really smooth. Who knows, EA could always do an "update" and fubar everything but so far Fifa is FUN!
    Yep, FIFA is one of those games you can just pick up and play and it's a lot easier to get into. I know I first got into FIFA with, I believe, FIFA 10, and I know there were some issues with it, and it was very vanilla compared to all the features we have today. I didn't play FIFA again until 14, which was a great new breath of air and which I played for two years until picking up 16.

But it's just an overall fun game. I can fire it up for a quick match before work or I can sit down and spend half the day on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yep, FIFA is one of those games you can just pick up and play and it's a lot easier to get into. I know I first got into FIFA with, I believe, FIFA 10, and I know there were some issues with it, and it was very vanilla compared to all the features we have today. I didn't play FIFA again until 14, which was a great new breath of air and which I played for two years until picking up 16.

But it's just an overall fun game. I can fire it up for a quick match before work or I can sit down and spend half the day on it.
    FIFA is way more immersive and enjoyable. The Madden advantages go to visuals, scouting and the draft.

FINALLY got that MUT super bowl trophy (no boost thanks to that stupid patch). Are we going to do a TGT CFM? If not, I'm going to grind out the rest of these trophies and maybe start my own CFM (if its playable)

Just played a CFM game at home to Denver. Can someone explain to me why when the cpu DB sits in zone they sit in front of the human recieiver and break on the ball in an agressive way yet when it's reversed the human DB gives a huge cushion to the WR and breaks on the ball after the catch is made?

I know I am complaining a lot today about this game but it is fast becoming one of my least liked franchise modes in several years. I can't really explain why either...