Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 Fantasy Football Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Anyone play Draft Kings? I've seen a ton of commercials for it and from that all I can tell is it looks to be some form of gambling via fantasy football/baseball/basketball/etc... but I have no clue how it works and how it determines if you "won" and if so how much $ you should receive.
    I play occasionally. I went 7-1 in the Premier League last weekend. It is gambling via fantasy sports, yes. There are all sorts of pools and head-to-head games to play and what you win depends on the dollar amount you want to risk. You can play for as little as $1.

My league drafts tonight. After runner up in 2013, I get the 2nd pick in 2015

Really hoping for Bell, but I'll go Charles if Bell goes #1.
    The dude abides.

Anyone play Draft Kings? I've seen a ton of commercials for it and from that all I can tell is it looks to be some form of gambling via fantasy football/baseball/basketball/etc... but I have no clue how it works and how it determines if you "won" and if so how much $ you should receive.
    Money is different on each game. You enter based on the game you want to play and the entry fee. Everyone gets a dollar budget and you try to fill the best team you can with that money, obviously really good players cost a lot so you can't load up. It's basically them you against everyone and the highest score wins. Usually they payout top 20% or something.

My league draft just ended and it's my favorite one so far. 12 team re-draft league.

QB - Ryan, Bradford
    RB - Bell, Ingram, Stewart, Martin, Blue, McKinnon
    WR - Evans, A. Johnson, S. Smith, Parker, Janis
    TE - Daniels
    K - Crosby
    D - Carolina
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Money is different on each game. You enter based on the game you want to play and the entry fee. Everyone gets a dollar budget and you try to fill the best team you can with that money, obviously really good players cost a lot so you can't load up. It's basically them you against everyone and the highest score wins. Usually they payout top 20% or something.
    Ok got the concept - obviously the more $ you wager on a week/game the higher the payout but what is the % "take" Draftkings takes and is it winner take all or top 3 that week actually win some money.

Ok got the concept - obviously the more $ you wager on a week/game the higher the payout but what is the % "take" Draftkings takes and is it winner take all or top 3 that week actually win some money.
    Again, you can play in a pool where the top X win money or you can play head-to-head with one other player.

The pools are called "Leagues" and they vary in size from 3 people to like 50k. They also vary in how many get paid.

In head-to-head games, the winner gets 80% of the loser's money and DK keeps 20%. In other words, if you play a $1 game, the winner gets $1.80 (the dollar the winner risked plus $.80 of the loser's risk).

Just drafted in a work league, got pretty much every player I wanted except CJ Spiller to pair with Ingram.

QB:
    Russel Wilson
    Cam Newton
    Marcus Mariota

RB:
    Lamar Miller
    Mark Ingram
    Danny Woodhead

WR:
    Calvin Johnson
    Brandon Marshall
    Steve Smith SR
    Terrance Williams
    Rueben Randle

TE:
    Martellus Bennett
    Charles Clay

K:
    Dan Bailey

DEF:
    Baltimore

Some great fantasy football punishments

The dude abides.

Who should I start at Flex (Non-PPR) - Joique Bell, McFadden or Mike Wallace

Who should I start at Flex (Non-PPR) - Joique Bell, McFadden or Mike Wallace
    If I saw this earlier, I would have said none of the above
    The dude abides.

I had a terrible week this week and slipped from 2nd to 6th in my 20-team Premier League.

Pretty good start for me. Should go 4-2 at worst, outside shot at 6-0, decent chance at 5-1.
    The dude abides.

Went 5-1 in week 1. Can't complain!
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    If I saw this earlier, I would have said none of the above
    Yeah i am weak on depth right now - thankfully Forte, Romo and some TDs from Murray got me the W and 3rd highest total this week.

After going 5-1 in week one. I am going to go 2-4, with an outside chance of 1-5 this week

But in my league where I drafted Bell #2, I went 1-1. I gladly take a 1-1 without him.

Lost Dez in the only league I'm 2-0 in, and now I lose Romo in my big money league but Palmer is my backup!
    The dude abides.