Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fear The Walking Dead [Contains Discussion of Aired Episodes]

• Facebook
  • Display
    Wasn't the very first zombie in the first episode the junkie guy's girl or, at least, friend? Couldn't one assume (if it wasn't outright said) he knew the guy whose face she was eating?

Or do they not count because they were junkies (of course, a separate protest would ensue if the junkies were black just like ADT ALWAYS has to show white guys breaking into houses in their commercials to avoid similar BS)?

I don't think you believe it is intentionally racist but I don't understand why you would help perpetuate that nonsense of you didn't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Good grief, do people just find anything and everything to whine about these days?
    Yeah, and it's nuts.

Like with the ADT commercials I mentioned. Instead of complaining if ADT used a black actor occasionally I would think it makes more sense to be like, "good for him, he's getting paid". Instead, our culture has things so screwed up that ADT only uses white guys to avoid problems and I'm sure those white guys have no qualms cashing those checks.

Wife and I watched the 1st 4 seasons of TWD on Netflix and have watched the 1st 2 episodes of FTWD and both shows are really good.

I personally prefer the cast from TWD thus far but gotta give FTWD some time to see if the characters grow on me.

I watched the 2nd episode last night and during the scene in the gas station parking lot I chuckled to myself as I drive by that gas station on my way home from work Monday to Friday. Our nickname up here is Hollywood North so it's not surprising to see movie/TV film crews, but they usually are not on my driving path from work.

Did everyone quit watching?

With season one in the books, I find myself thinking the show could be a lot better but it also could be a lot worse.

The ending:
    Spoiler: show
    I never found myself liking or attached to any characters, so I'm not sure the ending with the mother dying was as memorable as they had hoped.

On TWD, viewers were likely already attached to Rick and some of the other cast members. I'm just not feeling it with this crew.

Old man Salazar seems like the only one with a clue, and the two girls are only likable (so far) because they are hot. The parents have been written so as to where they do more dumb things than useful. The businessman seems interesting, but very unsure if likable or a good guy at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Did everyone quit watching?

With season one in the books, I find myself thinking the show could be a lot better but it also could be a lot worse.

The ending:
    Spoiler: show
    I never found myself liking or attached to any characters, so I'm not sure the ending with the mother dying was as memorable as they had hoped.

On TWD, viewers were likely already attached to Rick and some of the other cast members. I'm just not feeling it with this crew.

Old man Salazar seems like the only one with a clue, and the two girls are only likable (so far) because they are hot. The parents have been written so as to where they do more dumb things than useful. The businessman seems interesting, but very unsure if likable or a good guy at this point.
    I watched the entire season and the ONLY character i like is Victor. Honestly this one probably is not going to last very long.

Fear The Walking Dead [Contains Discussion of Aired Episodes]

Salazar and Strand are the only characters I like. The mom is alright. She's the least annoying in the core family. The druggie can go.

The problem with the show is that they're trying to delay the inevitable which is FTWD becoming TWD. Don't need 2 shows doing the same thing although I guess 1 can be in the woods and 1 can be in the city.

I think another problem is that we keep comparing it to a show that's 5 (now starting 6) seasons deep. I don't recall being in love with TWD after S1 ended. I liked it because not like I do know. New shoes take time to develop. The first Lord of the Rings movie was my least favorite because it was all set-up. I was totally into it by Return of the King. I think people will like FTWD once they get enough episodes in for people to really attach themselves to some likable characters.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Salazar and Strand are the only characters I like. The mom is alright. She's the least annoying in the core family. The druggie can go.

The problem with the show is that they're trying to delay the inevitable which is FTWD becoming TWD. Don't need 2 shows doing the same thing although I guess 1 can be in the woods and 1 can be in the city.

I think another problem is that we keep comparing it to a show that's 5 (now starting 6) seasons deep. I don't recall being in love with TWD after S1 ended. I liked it because not like I do know. New shoes take time to develop. The first Lord of the Rings movie was my least favorite because it was all set-up. I was totally into it by Return of the King. I think people will like FTWD once they get enough episodes in for people to really attach themselves to some likable characters.
    Yeah they are in a difficult situation. They need to get people interested but that's tough to do in only 6 episodes and IMO move the story line along way to fast. They are pretty much in TWD mode now with the walkers taking over.

I'm with all of you and I dont' really care for any of the characters. Haven't really developed a tie to any of them. I do disagree though and I was hooked on TWD after season 1. After the 1st couple of episodes actually. I think the problem for me with FTWD is I was really looking forward to seeing how it all started and maybe getting a glimpse of explaining how it all happened. That just hasn't happened in my eyes and once again I think it's because they only did 6 episodes to start.

I agree they moved too fast. I'm actually fine with them still not showing anything in regards to how it started. I'd rather keep that mystery there. But only having 6 episodes to work with, it went way to quickly to apocalypse. I was looking forward to this series for the main reason of watching society melt down. They actually took things nice and slow in the first episode, didn't just instantly jump right into meltdown mode. We got to see some of society crumble in the second and third episodes. Then it was just like they said "that's enough, let's jump ahead" and now we're living in army controlled secured compounds. I wanted to see more of the rioters trying to take control, of society turning on itself as the power and other utilities failed and law and order broke down.

Take for instance the LA Sports Arena. The captured soldier said it was basically a "safe zone" or however he described it for people to take refuge, but the Infected got in and they eventually had too difficult a time telling the Infected from the uninfected, so they just sealed the entire thing up and left everyone inside to die. SHOW THAT! Show us those events as the city falls.

The original series, Rick woke up and society was already over. Atlanta was already essentially a dead city. We had the entire bloody city of Los Angeles, before the start of the outbreak. Thry could have done literally an entire season just showing LA start to experience the outbreak and then slowly crumble and collapse between the increasing lawlessness and the eventual takeover by the undead.

They could have shown the police start to lose control in more situations, similar to the one with the shooting of the homeless guy and the protestors. They could have shown more of the rioters and protestors and just plain criminals running loose on the street, in turn inviting more opportunities for the virus to spread via more people on the street for the Infected to bite.

They could have shown the early struggles of the army as they tried to gain control and order. They could have shown the "battles" if you will as the army tried to take out the undead and clear out safe perimeters and zones in the city. They could have shown more of the various firefights like in the library and whatnot.

Sure, they wanted to focus on one family, but with the setting and the fact this time we were going to be in a large city like LA at the beginning of the outbreak, they truly missed an absolute golden opportunity to do and shown things they never had a chance to do in the original series. We had front row seats to watch society break at the seams and fall apart around us, something that already happened by the time Rick woke up, and we got basically a super abbreviated version of 1 1/2 episodes. In that regard, they really dropped the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I agree they moved too fast. I'm actually fine with them still not showing anything in regards to how it started. I'd rather keep that mystery there. But only having 6 episodes to work with, it went way to quickly to apocalypse. I was looking forward to this series for the main reason of watching society melt down. They actually took things nice and slow in the first episode, didn't just instantly jump right into meltdown mode. We got to see some of society crumble in the second and third episodes. Then it was just like they said "that's enough, let's jump ahead" and now we're living in army controlled secured compounds. I wanted to see more of the rioters trying to take control, of society turning on itself as the power and other utilities failed and law and order broke down.

Take for instance the LA Sports Arena. The captured soldier said it was basically a "safe zone" or however he described it for people to take refuge, but the Infected got in and they eventually had too difficult a time telling the Infected from the uninfected, so they just sealed the entire thing up and left everyone inside to die. SHOW THAT! Show us those events as the city falls.

The original series, Rick woke up and society was already over. Atlanta was already essentially a dead city. We had the entire bloody city of Los Angeles, before the start of the outbreak. Thry could have done literally an entire season just showing LA start to experience the outbreak and then slowly crumble and collapse between the increasing lawlessness and the eventual takeover by the undead.

They could have shown the police start to lose control in more situations, similar to the one with the shooting of the homeless guy and the protestors. They could have shown more of the rioters and protestors and just plain criminals running loose on the street, in turn inviting more opportunities for the virus to spread via more people on the street for the Infected to bite.

They could have shown the early struggles of the army as they tried to gain control and order. They could have shown the "battles" if you will as the army tried to take out the undead and clear out safe perimeters and zones in the city. They could have shown more of the various firefights like in the library and whatnot.

Sure, they wanted to focus on one family, but with the setting and the fact this time we were going to be in a large city like LA at the beginning of the outbreak, they truly missed an absolute golden opportunity to do and shown things they never had a chance to do in the original series. We had front row seats to watch society break at the seams and fall apart around us, something that already happened by the time Rick woke up, and we got basically a super abbreviated version of 1 1/2 episodes. In that regard, they really dropped the ball.
    100%

Really mixed feelings on the show. I found the first few episodes moved at a slow but fair face and then the town locked down was way too quick. I find it really problematic that a massive city such as LA with millions of people could block off a small residence and not be stormed by walkers. The idea was so good but they went way too fast.

As to the last episode... what really bothered me... they leave the residential compound... and don't close the gate! Now all those people are dead!

I liked the show, it fit a need that we don't get to see very much (zombie outbreak during the outbreak). I hop the series continues closely along that timeline.

insert generic sig