Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 16-hour Madden Livestream - 8/19

• Facebook
  • Display
    Makes absolutely no difference to me. I hated midnight releases. Before we got a GameStop in town, I always had to go next town over (20 miles down the highway), had to leave by 11:30, lucky if I even got home by 1am, and usually had to work the next day anyways which meant I couldn't do much beyond 3am. Or even if I didn't have to work, I was usually tired as hell from being awake between 5-7am every day.

Throw in the burned gas driving there and back, standing outside with a bunch of weird ass people in the dark at 12am, usually outside a building with not the greatest lighting from the parking, I was about to start carrying a gun on me if I had to do that much longer. Some of the people out there in those lines were just straight up shady fuckers. Then you had the people who wanted to sit there telling you their whole life story in line. I'm tired, it's 12am, I'm standing in a line with a bunch of weird people in a town I'm not from, I'm not in the mood to talk about whatever inane bullshit you're talking about. Probably the reason I only did that crap maybe two or three times max before I said fuck it and never did it again.

Now, I don't even have to associate with that crap. I just simply digitally preorder the game on my console, preload it and start playing right at 12:01, while all those morons are still standing in line. Or, if I don't want to order it digitally, I just order via Amazon and will patiently wait to play later that afternoon when UPS drops it off. Skip all the bullshit, skip all the risk of standing outside in a dim lit parking lot in the pitch black dark at 12am.

Watching Shopmaster's stream.

Mark Sanchez is/was rather terrible. Wilson badly threw some passes as well. Unsure of the difficulty they are playing on.

Guy he was playing tried to throw a pass in the endzone to AJ Green...attempted aggressive catch and DB broke it up in endzone. Nice play that looked like a TD

Haven't seen but 1 actually completed. Every single one has been knocked down by either Shopmaster manually or his CPU defenders knocking the ball out or away from defender.

Still on track to start streaming at 5:30 central....
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Makes absolutely no difference to me. I hated midnight releases. Before we got a GameStop in town, I always had to go next town over (20 miles down the highway), had to leave by 11:30, lucky if I even got home by 1am, and usually had to work the next day anyways which meant I couldn't do much beyond 3am. Or even if I didn't have to work, I was usually tired as hell from being awake between 5-7am every day.

Throw in the burned gas driving there and back, standing outside with a bunch of weird ass people in the dark at 12am, usually outside a building with not the greatest lighting from the parking, I was about to start carrying a gun on me if I had to do that much longer. Some of the people out there in those lines were just straight up shady fuckers. Then you had the people who wanted to sit there telling you their whole life story in line. I'm tired, it's 12am, I'm standing in a line with a bunch of weird people in a town I'm not from, I'm not in the mood to talk about whatever inane bullshit you're talking about. Probably the reason I only did that crap maybe two or three times max before I said fuck it and never did it again.

Now, I don't even have to associate with that crap. I just simply digitally preorder the game on my console, preload it and start playing right at 12:01, while all those morons are still standing in line. Or, if I don't want to order it digitally, I just order via Amazon and will patiently wait to play later that afternoon when UPS drops it off. Skip all the bullshit, skip all the risk of standing outside in a dim lit parking lot in the pitch black dark at 12am.
    LOL, we must go to the same gamestop!

I'm old, I simply pick it up the next day around 10:00AM when they open, there is zero line, I'm rested and my copy is still reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    LOL, we must go to the same gamestop!

I'm old, I simply pick it up the next day around 10:00AM when they open, there is zero line, I'm rested and my copy is still reserved.
    That's the other great way of doing it. I've gone in at 10am the next day before, no one there, I can just stroll right in at 10 on the dot and walk out 30 seconds later.

I'm a night owl so I used to do the midnight release for some games. I don't buy physical copies anymore so no more of that for me.

So I'm watching the live stream of Madden 16 with the zfarls guy, how in the world does he get 60 packs to open at once?

Oral pleasure of several Madden higher ups.