Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden 16 Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display

CFM menus...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    With my EA ACCESS I will play the hell out of this game on the 20th/21st and provide a full summary. Let me know if you want me to look at anything specifically.
    My big issues are: (1) is there any defense in the game this year or is it still arena football; (2) how successful is just chucking it deep and aggressive catch going to be

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    My big issues are: (1) is there any defense in the game this year or is it still arena football; (2) how successful is just chucking it deep and aggressive catch going to be
    My experiences so far are All Pro is pretty tough. I was even shut out one game

The deep pass seems to work okay for me. Works sometimes, doesn't most of the time.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    My experiences so far are All Pro is pretty tough. I was even shut out one game

The deep pass seems to work okay for me. Works sometimes, doesn't most of the time.
    JB, as you have the inside track with the developers could you pass on the request to patch in formation subs saving from game-to-game. Since the developers will NOT add formation subs at least this option will give us the opportunity to set things how we like. #2 RB's just don't get enough work.

JB, as you have the inside track with the developers could you pass on the request to patch in formation subs saving from game-to-game. Since the developers will NOT add formation subs at least this option will give us the opportunity to set things how we like. #2 RB's just don't get enough work.
    I'll pass it on. That's the most I can do
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I'll pass it on. That's the most I can do
    Appreciate it! This is my #1 request for Madden and I am an immersion guy who desperately wants a weekly wrap up show, etc. However, we need formation subs back in any way shape or form.

Pass on a request for a Tecmo camera angle! High side scroller. I tweet at them but they just ignore me lol.

JB, can you verify whether or not ST sliders have been separated in CFM? I know they are for Play Now but I hear that that doesn't mean they are for CFM.

Thanks.

Yet another year of an ea madden game changer program where nobody in there cares one iota about the sliders. They really need to add someone for testing since they have been so bad the last few years. Especially the run blocking and pass defence sliders.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Yet another year of an ea madden game changer program where nobody in there cares one iota about the sliders. They really need to add someone for testing since they have been so bad the last few years. Especially the run blocking and pass defence sliders.
    Because these days all they care about is Madden Online. I doubt half of them even know where the sliders are located at in the game because they never worry or care about sliders since they don't get used online.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Because these days all they care about is Madden Online. I doubt half of them even know where the sliders are located at in the game because they never worry or care about sliders since they don't get used online.
    lol this definitely is me

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    lol this definitely is me
    And there's nothing wrong with that! Some people, all they care about is online, whether it's Madden, NBA, Call of Duty, whatever, they buy games solely for the online. Me, I've always been a big offline player. I like single player campaigns, I like offline games, I like running one player offline dynasties. Even in games like Call of Duty, I like to play the campaigns. I just wish they still made the campaigns good like they used to, instead of the crap story afterthoughts that they've been for years now.

As for the game changers, they need to still give love to the entire game. Even if they are online only every other day of the year, still pay attention to the sliders, to the offline portions, to how the AI plays, etc, during all this stuff leading up to the release of the game.

I think you're mislabeling Game Changers for the community day guys. Not all Game Changers are involved. I've actually never been to a Madden community day.

I'm sure sliders have been brought up many times because there are a lot of the community day guys that run CFM's.
    The dude abides.

And there's nothing wrong with that! Some people, all they care about is online, whether it's Madden, NBA, Call of Duty, whatever, they buy games solely for the online. Me, I've always been a big offline player. I like single player campaigns, I like offline games, I like running one player offline dynasties. Even in games like Call of Duty, I like to play the campaigns. I just wish they still made the campaigns good like they used to, instead of the crap story afterthoughts that they've been for years now.

As for the game changers, they need to still give love to the entire game. Even if they are online only every other day of the year, still pay attention to the sliders, to the offline portions, to how the AI plays, etc, during all this stuff leading up to the release of the game.
    +1

I agree with everything you say. Rudy, you and I see it from the same perspective as "offline" or single player first. That also makes us dinosaurs, in the eyes of Tiburon.

+1

I agree with everything you say. Rudy, you and I see it from the same perspective as "offline" or single player first. That also makes us dinosaurs, in the eyes of Tiburon.
    It's unfortunately the truth. Multiplayer is becoming a more and more massive portion of the gaming market, and companies are realizing that's where the time and money is being spent by the players. Slowly, games are going more and more multiplayer oriented. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see sports games and shooters almost exclusively multiplayer in 10 years. You can't really do it that much with stuff like RPGs and whatnot, but sports and shooters, I won't be the least bit surprised if that happens.

I've never cared for playing sports games against the CPU. Even before online modes became available it was against house rules to play against CPU in a Dynasty or Season mode because it was too easy. So as I have stated before someone else would be the opponent for the person who had a game. That way you always had a difficult game regardless if you were playing North Idaho State Community College or not. There were rarely undefeated seasons in any sports game we played. Even going back as far as Tecmo Bowl. Or Tecmo Basketball. We had some intense games every week and there was nothing like someone ruining your season and you having the chance to ruin there's down the line. It was a group of 4-5 family members

This rings true today, I'd much rather play a user than the CPU which is why I never do...unless it is mandatory (Powerhouse OD).

Now that doesn't mean I go out of my way to play a user (ie ranked play now games). I only play those if I want to absolutely try something or want to mess around, otherwise it is always a unranked game on All-Madden.

Playing the CPU simply isn't fun and the evidence in that IMO is that just to make it enjoyable you have to tweak 100 different variation of sliders just to get it there. Which still can't replicate the human element of playing a user...again IMO. Which too will get easy unless adjusted another 100 different variations

Nothing wrong with it, just two different styles. Though having a family and adding to the family will certainly make me an offline player soon
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 08-18-2015 at 11:10 AM.

I certainly can't argue with that! Just look at how much work it takes some of us to find the "perfect" or as close to perfect as possible slider combination in NCAA, in Madden, in MLB The Show, etc., every year. It can take days/weeks and dozens of games to properly test a slider set out and fine tune any and all changes.

I certainly can't argue with that! Just look at how much work it takes some of us to find the "perfect" or as close to perfect as possible slider combination in NCAA, in Madden, in MLB The Show, etc., every year. It can take days/weeks and dozens of games to properly test a slider set out and fine tune any and all changes.
    Yeah look at how many games plays on MLB and FIFA.
    The dude abides.

I would say that, yes, it takes alot of games and tweaking and testing to get sliders to work. The amount, however, is being exaggerated in this thread. I've never used 100 variations and then 100 more or anything close to that.

I can nail most sliders down in a few games and then it becomes a matter of fine tuning the rest to get the stats I want. From there, I track my stats and make sure the numbers are staying in the ranges that I want.

A good example of how it can be is my most recent season on MLB. I didn't touch the sliders for the last 100 or so games and my stats were fantastic, there were great variations in the stats and results, it was fun and the W/L% was something that I felt was a good reflection of the quality of team that I had.

Just as easy as someone can say, "offline is no fun, sliders are a PITA, human element is missing", I can say, "online is no fun, sliders are worth it, human element means cheese, etc."

Sliders are not the great mystery that most purport that they are. The statistics will tell the story and as long as the numbers are good and you don't see anything ridiculous (including results), they're easy to work with.

Playing humans, for me, is shit.

PS Rudy, where did your statement that it's another year of sliders not being touched come from? Is there evidence of that or was it just a negative comment without basis for M16? Serious question because I'm considering getting Madden this year.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Just as easy as someone can say, "offline is no fun, sliders are a PITA, human element is missing", I can say, "online is no fun, sliders are worth it, human element means cheese, etc."
    I'm on that side of the fence.
    The dude abides.