Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden 16 Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Catches definitely make a difference and you have to use them. Maybe not offline or playing CPU, but All-Madden if you don't choose the right catch it's a drop or run out of bounds.

If you try to RAC catch in traffic it will more than likely be dropped. Also pressing Possession or RAC in a jump ball situation the WR will just try to catch it as such. He will never leave the ground. However pressing Aggressive makes them go up for the catch obviously. Tried this with every type of WR...Megatron, Antonio Brown, Mike Evans, Martavis Bryant, etc.

Possibly on the lower levels this is done for you but doesn't seem to be case on All-Madden in my number of games...sometimes the WR's will let the ball actually bounce off if you are between hitting Possession and RAC like I have done a few times.

Strange. In all the time I played the recieivers will catch the ball or try for a catch regardless of what you do. Maybe all madden turns user catch on by default?

Oh no they will try to catch the ball of course but it will be how they decide I suppose.

I thought you guys were saying the different catch types didn't do anything or make a difference when pressed. If the AI chooses to do a RAC catch but you want an Aggressive catch you can make your WR try an Aggressive catch.

All the visual stuff is turned off for me so I don't know what the pass is calling for I just know what type of catch that I am pressing.

So what camera is everyone using? Normally I am a zoom in guy but have gone with standard for offense and defense. I would prefer to use the defensive camera but something seems off about it compared to last year. Getting burned far too often due to how it switches. All-22 would be a great camera if they they would just let me tweak a few things. Love the camera angle but would prefer it zoomed in more.

So yeah, someone mention custom cameras for Madden 17. All the cool games are doing it.

I've been using standard camera.

I wish they would add this to the up-coming patch. I like to use the X,A,Y controller configuration. I've used that for the last 2 years of Madden. In the past it would save it to my user profile. This year however, I can still change it in the settings menu and save my profile, but when I start Madden 16 up again it resorts back to the default Y,X,A configuration. I've finally quite trying to fight it and have been trying to learn the default setting.

I haven't tried a CFM yet as everyone here and other places on the net say it's messed up. Guess that will have to wait for the patch.

I also hope (sounds like they are going to address it) they resolve the encroachment penalty. When I play "Play now" games with my son user vs user we'll noticed when you come out of the huddle one defensive lineman will walk around in the offensive backfield, it's like he's lost then sometimes he'll bump into an O-lineman and it will throw the flag. These are CPU controlled players. My 7 year old gets all bent out of shape when that happens, for now we just decline the penalty.

I will say I like the new penalties, last night I was playing vs my son, Miami (me) vs Atlanta (him). I scrambled out of the pocket with Tannehill and ran out of bounds, he was user controlling his LB and light me up out of bounds. The fans started booing and they threw a flag for unnecessary roughness. That as a first and very welcomed.
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 08-28-2015 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Everything feels like Madden has improved a bit or stayed the same and that leads me to my biggest annoyance – the inside running game. Overall with the running game I’ve seen some cool animations. Twice my RB seemed to spin off a tackler (without me hitting spin) and I got some extra yards including a cool long TD with Lamar Miller. The r-stick juke sucks but if you hold L2 (modifier) it’s decent although the spin is probably better.

For the last 2-3 years the inside running game has been too easy on ANY difficulty level and you could not fix this with sliders. The same appears to be the case in Madden 16. Guards and Centers routinely knock the DTs off the ball – usually by at least a yard though not always. DTs almost never seem to get into the backfield or even hold the point of attack. Despite all the cool animations in the passing game you don’t even need to see them. Just run ISOs inside or Inside Zone runs out of the shotgun and you never need to pass. Three straight runs and you get a first down as you march down the field and score. I dropped the user run blocking to 0 and the same thing happens. I then changed it to All-Madden with user run blocking and my interior OL kept knocking the DTs back as I continued to grind out first downs on the ground. I took Miami and had rushed for almost 200 yards against the Bills on All-Pro. Then in the second half with Cleveland against Philly I tried All-Madden with 0 run block and continued to stick it down their throats. It’s not like I’m running for 25 yards every time but when you can routinely pick up 3-6 yards every time it’s basically a money play. Running basic plays between the tackles should never be a money play and tackles for losses should happen more often. It makes third downs too easy to convert. I have begged EA to fix this but it’s still not. Very disappointed in this aspect of the game. This area killed M15 for me. I’m worried it will do the same for M16. If so I won’t be continuing my mistakes by buying Madden again for awhile. If they would only make the run blocking slider more powerful and tie it into the movement the OL gets I could fix this myself. But that slider still appears fairly useless. I’m frustrated.
    Agreed on the spin without me hitting the spin button thing, that is very strange and it would be nice if they'd take that out. I want to be in control of the RB.

I've played a little more and God help us all if they make the deep ball agressive catch easier in the next tuning/patch. It's roughly 2/3 of the primary offense for playing these randoms in MUT and its already quite and in my opinion overly effective.

I use Standard camera, never even tried to get use to the Zoom.

In regards to the AI choosing to spin, I actually haven't had an instance where it had a negative impact on the run. It actually helped me on one carry though I wouldn't have chose to spin if it were up to me on the run, but that's just because I never use spin. The RB had a nice spin off the back of a blocker allowing me to break the run outside. The run was going no where up the middle.

I played one ranked game so far for giggles other night. It was funny because the guy I guess thought I didn't have any skill covering the deep ball. He badly threw 10 of them as they were off the mark often with Fitzpatrick. The others that were on target though were either picked off (he threw quite a few) or batted down. He finally was able to complete a few in the last 45 seconds of the game but it was already 24-0 at that point and I was in zero coverage Defense working on blitzes.

The auto spin has only helped me and I like it.

I use standard camera but I do like the all-22. Really wish I could have a sideways all-22 like Tecmo. That would be awesome.

And gigs, I am trying to get used to the default play calls too. After the mess up last year I figured I should just learn to adjust.

I was able to change and save my play call configuration

Did like I always do, first thing I change every version to make it Triangle, X, Square.

Haven't had to adjust it since day 1.

I was able to change and save my play call configuration

Did like I always do, first thing I change every version to make it Triangle, X, Square.

Haven't had to adjust it since day 1.
    Hmm, strange. On Xbox1 here, I've changed it and saved my user profile. It works fine until I turn off my Xbox1. Then the next day when I fire it up, it says loading user profile like normal, then when I start a game it's back to the default buttons. I can change it in the pause menu under settings and visual settings, but it gets old doing it each time I turn my machine back on, I think for now I'm just going to relearn the buttons and take what it gives me.

I thought I used to be able to upload highlights directly in game without having to save and upload to YouTube on ps4. Now I have to save a clip and do it later. Am I crazy?

Edit - realized I can edit and load to Youtube within Madden and it doesn't shut the game off like it warns.
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-29-2015 at 06:51 AM.

I've had fun playing Madden 16. I really enjoy the new dynamics between WR and DB. Every time the ball is thrown the outcome isn't predictable. It adds a ton to the game which looks fantastic.

At first I thought the r-stick jukes were useless but they are actually good for subtle changes of direction in the backfield to avoid blockers. The real juke is the modifier juke though. That works nicely.

I can't remember if I've seen any fumbles yet. Not a big deal with sliders and I've never liked them to be too high but I think default is pretty low. The commentary on QB injuries after coming back into the game is so repetitive and annoying. First time I experienced that myself this morning. After a game this morning the stats were off saying I had 3 players with 1/2 sacks. That's impossible. They have to add up to a whole number.

I've read people complain about zone coverage but I think the coverage is fairly balanced between man and zone. Both can be effective at times and both can blow coverages.

By far my biggest complaint about this game is the neutered DTs. This has been a trend the last few years and it remains my number one pet peeve. They don't shoot gaps, they get knocked off the ball, they never make tackles for loss in the run game. It's just terrible for both user and cpu. Ndamukong Suh had ZERO tackles or sacks this morning. Completely invisible. You just don't see them impact the game like they should while DEs routinely hold their ground against OTs leading to a running game that is unbalanced. Too easy to run inside compared to outside. It's just a real black eye on an otherwise good game.

Also, the cpu needs to be far more aggressive in calling plays when they are losing late in the game on defence. They sit back with 2 safeties deep when they need to be pressing and blitzing to prevent you from running out the clock. Where is the urgency on defence!

Couple other things - sideline awareness is a lot better by the WR's. A lot of that is simply the fact the receivers don't sprint to the flat on out routes. They are smarter and run it slower to help prevent that.

A couple times in the fourth quarter it looks to me as though everyone is slow. Not sure if this is just game long fatigue or just my imagination, mainly on long plays.

Onside kicks are a bit different now. The crowd sounds pretty good. I played against Miami and Tannehill was money against me. Just a sign of Miami dominance this fall!

Crowd yells Heeeeeeaaaath even in opposing stadiums which really happens.

Rudy I'll start saving some of the highlights of DT's hitting me for losses. Even in the 3-4 which isn't the DT's job but it happens at times.

I would love to see those DT highlights. All I see are neutered and useless players. Playing against Suh doesn't raise any concerns for me. He's a non factor.

Crowd yells Heeeeeeaaaath even in opposing stadiums which really happens.

Rudy I'll start saving some of the highlights of DT's hitting me for losses. Even in the 3-4 which isn't the DT's job but it happens at times.
    Agreed on the crowd noises, with the Texans when you run with Alfred Blue the crowd will yell BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE

On a side note, it would be cool to combine the "reviews topic" with the "impressions topic" I find myself going back and forth between the 2.

I would love to see those DT highlights. All I see are neutered and useless players. Playing against Suh doesn't raise any concerns for me. He's a non factor.
    K I'll be sure next few games I play to get them or stream so I can get the ones that don't happen to make highlight reel. I know in a game last night my DT/NT McLendon had 3 tackles, 1 tfl and 2 sacks. 6 minute quarters. Pick up game against guy in my league...he used Patriots

I played Miami vs Miami game. Both Suh players combined for two assisted tackles, 0.5 sacks. No solo tackles. That was after the game where Suh didn't even appear on the stat sheet. Maybe it's better online but offline DTs are nerfed. Looking forward to your highlights though. I want to see a DT actually impact the game.

I played Miami vs Miami game. Both Suh players combined for two assisted tackles, 0.5 sacks. No solo tackles. That was after the game where Suh didn't even appear on the stat sheet. Maybe it's better online but offline DTs are nerfed. Looking forward to your highlights though. I want to see a DT actually impact the game.
    I've played offline games only, usually with Dolphins or Texans, haven't seen the DT take over like I could last year. I.E. last year with JJ Watt I could blow up my son by beating guys off the LOS. This year not so much, maybe I'm not pressing the buttons properly.

I will say, he (my son) likes to blitz a lot and he is able to kill me off the LOS if I'm under center. It's usually a LB that comes untouched and flattens me before I can even get to my check down. I do better out of the Gun but he can really force me into 2nd and 3rd and long quickly.

-Side note- nice updated profile picture with Madden 16

I did see a DT TFL today. Was playing with Steelers against Ravens and was winning 19-3 in the 4th.

I had a really fun game with the chargers against the chiefs thus morning. You can really light up the CPU with a good passing attack. Not sure if I'm getting better or not. A great TE really helps since LBs can't cover them.