Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Madden 16 Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    Still not finding an issue with aggressive catch. Had a guy keep trying it against me in an lobby pick up game. Good ole Steelers vs Steelers action. Bet he didn't know how good the Steelers CB's could be when used properly...promptly quit after he couldn't score

I think I've found something that makes the kick a little harder. I put the FG accuracy on 36, then turned the "kick arc" OFF.

The CPU actually missed a FG attempt and it makes punting and kicking much harder when you don't have the alignment arc. It doesn't make it impossible but it makes it harder.

When the arc was ON I was able to punt the ball out inside the 5 over and over, I'm I'm lucky to get it inside the 20, makes the special teams game more challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    I think I've found something that makes the kick a little harder. I put the FG accuracy on 36, then turned the "kick arc" OFF.

The CPU actually missed a FG attempt and it makes punting and kicking much harder when you don't have the alignment arc. It doesn't make it impossible but it makes it harder.

When the arc was ON I was able to punt the ball out inside the 5 over and over, I'm I'm lucky to get it inside the 20, makes the special teams game more challenging.
    The Arc definitely makes it easier IMO, but I never use it and it's off by default on All-Madden I'm pretty sure. It especially helps with Punting

I never use the arc either. That definitely makes it easier.

Madden is a much better game this year. It's the best it's been since Madden 10. That beig said, after 10 hours of FIFA 16... this game is just so subpar in every possible area. FIFA, The Show and 2k are all on another level and Madden is Madden... the glacier of sports video gaming.

The thing with FIFA is that the experience is so immersive while with Madden CFM is by far the dullest, least interesting mode in any sports game on the market. CFM next year needs monumental improvements. The gameplay has vastly improved but everything else is so far behind the competition. I have been a Madden lifer and I play this game for 100's of hours per year AND... I am slowly but surely tuning out and when people like ME stop with Madden, that is a very, very bad sign.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Madden is a much better game this year. It's the best it's been since Madden 10. That beig said, after 10 hours of FIFA 16... this game is just so subpar in every possible area. FIFA, The Show and 2k are all on another level and Madden is Madden... the glacier of sports video gaming.

The thing with FIFA is that the experience is so immersive while with Madden CFM is by far the dullest, least interesting mode in any sports game on the market. CFM next year needs monumental improvements. The gameplay has vastly improved but everything else is so far behind the competition. I have been a Madden lifer and I play this game for 100's of hours per year AND... I am slowly but surely tuning out and when people like ME stop with Madden, that is a very, very bad sign.
    Back at EA Headquarters.

Marketing Guru: We need to liven Madden up, people think it is getting stale.

Marketing Guru 2: But we just added another card game. You get to draft champions, plus the hope it gets those not yet addicted to MUT to give it a shot.

Marketing Guru 3: Yes, MUT is key. It's exciting, just watch all those youtube videos of people opening packs. Plus we make a boatload off that mode.

Marketing Guru: Franchise MUT?

Marketing Guru 2: Genius!

Marketing Guru 3: MUTacular idea!

Peter Moore: MUT it up. MUT it all up. Play Now MUT. Practice mode MUT. Training drills MUT.

Madden MUT: So much MUT we did not even throw a number on it.

I probably play more than you Jaymo so I'd say it would get that bad if I got that way lol.

It's the only game I play every year with the exception of COD every once in a while.

I don't think it's sky is falling bad, but I guess that also depends on what you are looking to get out of the game also...which differs obviously from person to person.

Guess I'm an old school guy who still likes the League Daddy method of leagues that's why CFM hasn't grabbed my attention and CPU games hasnt been enjoyable since....ever to me don't believe

Patch out tomorrow per Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Patch out tomorrow per Rex.
    I really hope it fixes things for you guys. Very frustrating, I'm sure.

Patch is out. No comment on LT regression or confidence. Will have to check it out later.

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/...title-update-2

Patch is out. No comment on LT regression or confidence. Will have to check it out later.

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/...title-update-2
    Does not sound promising.

Looks like they fixed the LT regression based on one Sim on OS. LTs still give up a ton of sacks but it no longer drops their pass block.

Wish they would let us reset confidence both ways and turn off drive goals but leave stats on.

Wish they would let us reset confidence both ways and turn off drive goals but leave stats on.
    In my observation over the years, they rarely will allow you to turn off a significant feature in it's first year. They want to make sure you experience it and then they will take that going forward for the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    In my observation over the years, they rarely will allow you to turn off a significant feature in it's first year. They want to make sure you experience it and then they will take that going forward for the next year.
    Yep they shove bad crap down your throat whether you want it or not.

I've played a few games sin e the patch and I thought the pass rush was boosted. When I manually rush with Suh I was getting in a more than normal. Although I would be annoyed to break through and have a RB completely stone wall him. No way a 210 pound RB should stop me in my tracks and keep me in my tracks. I don't mind a successful block but Madden has never done size and strength well. Suh should have at least moved him back. RBs in real life would cut block since they could not take him up high.

Anyway, Clint did confirm some tuning in this area.

Suh should have at least moved him back.
    Not this year next question.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Not this year next question.
    I thought Suh was a "kicker"?

That or he's a dog peeing on a fire hydrant.
    The dude abides.

That one was fairly obvious. He's gotten a lot better.

Really not digging the game since the last patch and update. Way less penalties and I find cpu play too boosted. For example in the 1st half Denver QB Trevor Siemian 13/16 181 yards 2 TD plus 3 carries for 41 yards. The guy is a 3rd string QB and starting due to inury.

I also am seeing a lot of mirror route running by DB's on slant patterns. Crabtree and Cooper are slower guys and the DB's run the route in front of them. This is hallmark Madden crap from previous years.