Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden 16 Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    That's how it happens against and for me Rudy or similarly when I'm getting to run through the hole.

Especially when I need one yard or so usually.

I like covering TE's when my opponent doesn't expect it. Since no coverage calls to bump them dating back 4 versions atleast, I manually do it myself.

Just control a player on front of them and after the snap hit the R1 button to jam them and throw off the route. Since TE's are alot of people's first read it messes up quite a few offenses.
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 08-30-2015 at 01:18 PM.

R1 is a jam button? I didn't know that. There are a ton of buttons in this game. I usually try to cover RBs or TEs but I struggle.

I've noticed you can use a touch pass to lob it over the LBs head and drop in some nice passes. Since learning this I've started user controlling the MLB or the LB that I think needs to shade the wide side of the field and I sick back there and play something like a center field. I've gotten a lot of user picks, quite a few knock downs and am atleast there to make the tackle.

Another thing that's nice is they've changed up the CPU. I was playing my son, get got tired and we turned his controller off so I finished the game vs the CPU. I was up 40-21 with less than a minute to go. I took a knee and the CPU didn't take any time outs. It's like they've learned you can burn the clock and don't make you take 3 knees in a row using all 3 timeouts.

Didn't know about the R1 jam button, I'll have to give that a shot.

On a side note, played at Buffalo this morning and on 3rd down when Buffalo is on Defense it plays a SWEET train horn! It plays it 2 times in a row, me and my kids loved it.
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 08-30-2015 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    R1 is a jam button? I didn't know that. There are a ton of buttons in this game. I usually try to cover RBs or TEs but I struggle.
    Yeah its been in the game since Madden 09 atleast

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Yeah its been in the game since Madden 09 atleast
    I assume that means jam the WR correct? If you do it late (past 5 yards) do you get PI?

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    I assume that means jam the WR correct?
    No.

It's for this kind of jamming.

https://youtu.be/yWrfOdQG0GU

That ain't how you jam. This is how you jam.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    No.

It's for this kind of jamming.

https://youtu.be/yWrfOdQG0GU

AWESOME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    I assume that means jam the WR correct? If you do it late (past 5 yards) do you get PI?
    Haven't ever tried past 5 yards. Think I tried lastnight but whiffed. Likely a PI this version for sure.

I've only tried while up close to TE at snap with a Safety behind.

Yes you can jam WR same way.

It definitely throws people off because they will more than likely overthrow the TE due to it

Check out @ClintOldenburg's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ClintOldenburg/s...100249088?s=09

Gotta love access to developers

Rudy.... PLEASE, PLEASE. PLEASE... ask these guys to get formation subs to SAVE from week-to-week in CFM. I'm desperate!!!

Watch how ridiculously fast and impossible the cpu gets off a FG attempt at the end of the first half. The cpu Colts have NO timeouts either. They get the FG team out there, snap the ball and get the kick off in like 2 seconds.

I was trying to test out the FG accuracy slider at 35 for both to see if it made it harder for me but it just results in the cpu missing kicks. It's still way too easy for me to make FGs. I really wish the sliders were separated in franchise mode.

One thing I've seen a few times in the game is a WR catching the ball and immediately getting hit knocking the ball out. But the game rules it a catch and fumble. With the way the NFL makes you blatantly prove you catch a pass, make a few football moves and call your momma in order to rule it a catch it stands out as a bit odd.

I am having quite a bit of fun with this game. I'd still like to see the DTs become more impactful and have the run game balanced a bit more so the outside runs are a bit easier and inside runs tougher.
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-31-2015 at 06:22 AM.

Glad I saved my money.

It's still way too easy for me to make FGs. I really wish the sliders were separated in franchise mode.
    Rudy how do you propose making FG kicks harder for a human/user?

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Unsure how you make something that a user controlled player is in control of difficult. Short of neutering the kick power, or blindfolding the kicker how can this be made difficult? Pretty sure regardless of what is done I'd be 100% from whatever spot inside of 50 yards I would be put at. That is based on my timing regardless how skinny the meter is.

Not having a meter at all and make the kick game resemble that of the golf swing on The Golf Club would be my only idea, but even still it's a routine that can be learned in a few games.

Or short of making it the kick meter from Madden 11...oh no one liked that meter at all . Most of that was due to the lag, though it still was tricky at first. Nothing a few games played still couldn't fix and have you 100% on them.

Only thing I could see is the occasionally blocked FG but surely hoping for a block rather than a miss is backwards. Since we are all about percentages, how many get blocked vs missed from that range?

Numerous ways.

Have the wife do the kicking for you but only after an argument.
    Close your eyes and use your left hand, keeping the right one off the controller. This will affect distance and accuracy.
    Stop using a real kicker, go into the depth chart and make the worst lineman your kicker.
    Never kick a field goal. Field goals are for pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Numerous ways.

Have the wife do the kicking for you but only after an argument.
    Close your eyes and use your left hand, keeping the right one off the controller. This will affect distance and accuracy.
    Stop using a real kicker, go into the depth chart and make the worst lineman your kicker.
    Never kick a field goal. Field goals are for pussies.
    lol sounds about right

PS those are the only ways, though I'm pretty sure I could catch on in 2 kicks or so for the 2nd one lol

Playing online, with no sliders, yeah you should be 100% because EA makes it easy (because missing field goalzz iz no funn!1!!1!1!!).

I can promise you though, with working sliders the kicking game can be made appropriately challenging (it almost always was in NCAA, with sliders).

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Playing online, with no sliders, yeah you should be 100% because EA makes it easy (because missing field goalzz iz no funn!1!!1!1!!).

I can promise you though, with working sliders the kicking game can be made appropriately challenging (it almost always was in NCAA, with sliders).
    It's easy regardless. Even in NCAA with various slider changes.

Neutering the power is the only thing but then you can't even get 30-yard FG's to the cross bar. (I know this because one year in Powerhouse the kick power and accuracy was low for users and I had a walk-on kicker. Missed 3 FG's due to distance but always had accuracy on point.

Regardless of what is done, a user still shouldn't miss a kick Online or offline. Unless of course their controller is messed up or they don't play often.

Not saying they shouldn't happen, but don't know you would make that difficult to the point it would actually have people missing FG's. Patterns and timing are easy to master in a video game with the number of times played.
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 08-31-2015 at 08:25 AM.

Skip, it's really simple. You just make the R-stick more sensitive. I think NCAA 14 worked well that way. Plus separating sliders from cpu and human in franchise also helps. There is no good reason to not fix this. It's beyond easy imo. I assume that golf games using analog don't result in every swing being a hole in one or right around the cup.

EA has it all wrong. Kickers rarely miss in real life because they are short. If they miss the kick is wide.

In 2014 nfl kickers made 222 of 287 at 40-49 yards for a 77% success rate. I don't care how EA does it but a system where you make 100% of kicks is wrong, unrealistic and anticlimactic at end of games.
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-31-2015 at 08:33 AM.