Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Madden 16 Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Really not digging the game since the last patch and update. Way less penalties and I find cpu play too boosted. For example in the 1st half Denver QB Trevor Siemian 13/16 181 yards 2 TD plus 3 carries for 41 yards. The guy is a 3rd string QB and starting due to inury.

I also am seeing a lot of mirror route running by DB's on slant patterns. Crabtree and Cooper are slower guys and the DB's run the route in front of them. This is hallmark Madden crap from previous years.

Is this on default? Have you tried any sliders?

Same sliders as I was using previous. I think the confidence really kills this game because late in the season some players have too much ratings boost.

It's such anan easy solution for EA. Right now they allow you to reset confidence up but not down. Just add the down option.

I just played a little this morning and I'm not feeling Madden at the moment. After playing Live a bunch I'm just not in a football mood I guess. Madden feels a bit stale at the moment or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I just played a little this morning and I'm not feeling Madden at the moment. After playing Live a bunch I'm just not in a football mood I guess. Madden feels a bit stale at the moment or something.
    Haven't played this game in multiple weeks and cannot find any reason to do so. This is the least Madden I have played since Madden 06. More than ever I am confident that the sun has set on Madden (for me). I am just not willing to accept mediocrity from EA/Tiburon anymore. There are just too many good games out there to settle for less.

Yep - I'm trading my copy in this weekend. EA ONLY cares about MUT (and sadly its easy to see why when hundreds if not thousands of people are spending hundreds of $ on their MUT team). CFM is broken and either EA doesn't care or they don't have the skill to fix it.

I'm done with Madden as a series unless/until they refocus their effort and make CFM a legit/enjoyable experience. I'll rent it for a week whore out the ridiculously easy and mail it back. I'm not holding my breath b/c I think the shipped has sailed on us "offline" franchise/dynasty gamers.

I've been playing a lot of Live and enjoying that. Haven't touched Madden since that last post and it had been a couple weeks since then. Unless I get a super sweet deal next year I think I can wait or pass. Something has to change. I actually think the gameplay has been the best it's ever been for Madden but it's still not top shelf and all the bugs in franchise just sort of killed it for me. I've never played a single season in franchise yet. Maybe I'll get back into it later but there are so many other games coming out that I doubt it at this point.

FYI - I have no clue if its true or not but a guy (from OS) told me in a Twitch stream that EA has a patch planned to fix the confidence issue to CFM. Supposedly it is coming this month.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    FYI - I have no clue if its true or not but a guy (from OS) told me in a Twitch stream that EA has a patch planned to fix the confidence issue to CFM. Supposedly it is coming this month.
    A patch in mid/late November to fix a game breaking issue that was discovered in late August... are we supposed to say thank you? Sure. It's good that the issue is addressed but they are fixing a broken system that nobody wanted in the first place. #frustrating!

The bugs are just brutal and a lot of it is related to an XP system I don't even want. This focus on turning Madden into an RPG stinks. And a lot of it is due to combining the franchise and My Player mode. I never liked that decision years ago and I still think it's been bad.

I've harped on this before but I see all kinds of great highlight runs on Sundays. Great jukes, spins, one cuts etc. Madden doesn't capture this well at all and especially true for cpu RBs. I miss the old fashioned super jukes.

I doubt many care at this point (as it appears most of us have moved on from this game) but a big patch is apparently out today. Dunno what's allegedly in it. However, if they fixed Franchise mode for real let me know and I'll add it to my rental queue.

Still enjoying it myself, thanks for the patch update. If it's not gameplay related don't matter to me

Namely I'd like to see some more consistent Oline play (when using runs other than the dreaded Inside Zone and Q1 Trap runs). And Cover 4 play calls fixed/tone down. Safeties shouldn't be that active in the run game from their Deep coverage assignment

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Still enjoying it myself, thanks for the patch update. If it's not gameplay related don't matter to me

Namely I'd like to see some more consistent Oline play (when using runs other than the dreaded Inside Zone and Q1 Trap runs). And Cover 4 play calls fixed/tone down. Safeties shouldn't be that active in the run game from their Deep coverage assignment
    Yeah right now I'm just playing MUT and so FWIW I'm enjoying Madden. I would like a solid career mode, but I haven't played one with regularity in a long time so I'm not overly missing it.
    The dude abides.

I'd like to see more organic blocking and less consistent OL play. Inside run blocks are too consistent imo. There needs to be more randomness imo.

I'd like to see more organic blocking and less consistent OL play. Inside run blocks are too consistent imo. There needs to be more randomness imo.
    You must be running inside zone runs. Anything else is demolished when trying to run inside

Draws, Dives, Isos (success sometimes). All usually losses for me.

Then again I am playing on All Madden and against users. I've only been close to 100 yards once in my past 15 games or so. With Le'Veon Bell and a pretty decent Oline. Again this is without abusing the hell out of Inside Zone runs and the concept because those are money regardless.

DT or End always sheds a tackle when I try to use a Draw, Dive or Blast. Even worse when Defense is blitzing.
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 11-17-2015 at 11:12 PM.

Don't you see the problem in your own words? There should be no such thing as an inside run as a money play. The Dolphins were running shotgun 75% of the time. In that offence almost all the runs were inside zone in Madden and setting the slider at 0 didn't stop it and that includes me testing it offline on all madden. It's not as bad as last year but the lack of TFLs for that type of run play were a problem. And like I said, no running play should be always great or always stuffed. I want more variability to the runs.

The EA team needs to tune each type of run play to be more accurate. It was certainly Bette this year but still needs work.

Don't you see the problem in your own words? There should be no such thing as an inside run as a money play. The Dolphins were running shotgun 75% of the time. In that offence almost all the runs were inside zone in Madden and setting the slider at 0 didn't stop it and that includes me testing it offline on all madden. It's not as bad as last year but the lack of TFLs for that type of run play were a problem. And like I said, no running play should be always great or always stuffed. I want more variability to the runs.

The EA team needs to tune each type of run play to be more accurate. It was certainly Bette this year but still needs work.
    Not sure if it's the blocking concept or what but the Inside Zone actual play name from ANY Shotgun set is all but guaranteed to get 5 or more yards that I have seen. Now there are ways to stop it but you have to click onto the DT after he has read the play to stop it for a loss. Can't do it before the snap that I know of.

The concept itself isn't bad and I've had success stopping it and not always having success running it, but from Shotgun it's horrible. The run is even guaranteed 5+ yards in NCAA as well from Shotgun I have found. Blocking is so unreal with it that you can turn it into any type of run that you want, a Counter, Sweep...you don't even have to run it up the middle.

Versions past it use to be that the Pistol formation Inside Zone Split plays were broken.

Dives, Isos, Blasts, Slams, Draws, Stretches, Slants...none of those runs work nearly as effective regardless of the formation as does Inside Zone (play) from Shotgun.

So the actual run play and the concept does need tuned, otherwise I see plenty of TFL's on everything else to the point I don't even want to try running the ball anymore after 15-20 carries of averaging barely 2 yards a carry