Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NFL Season Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Alot of GREAT memories tonight. I love The Bus and I'm proud of Steeler Nation for the fantastic support that is always shown at these inductions. Last Stop Canton!

Had to break out his jersey for today...which remains to this day the only and last jersey/s that I have ever purchased. Even have one somewhere around here when he played for the Rams

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post

Had to break out his jersey for today...which remains to this day the only and last jersey/s that I have ever purchased. Even have one somewhere around here when he played for the Rams
    I don't think my Bettis jerseys would fit anymore, lol. I have several Steelers jerseys. Off the top of my head:

36 Bettis
    36 Bettis (away)
    10 Stewart
    99 Kirkland
    80 Burress (away)
    7 Roethlisberger
    56 Woodley
    92 Harrison
    98 Hampton
    66 DeCastro

Probably a few more I'm forgetting. I'm considering getting:

94 Timmons
    91 Tuitt

Haha mine still fit me. The old Starter jerseys. Think mine was a 52 size back then. Bought it big back then though it still kind of fit. Doesn't fit big now lol.

Yeah I have the Bettis home and away jerseys. Wasn't really big jersey guy although I still want to get authentic Bettis ones to frame up in my eventual Steeler cave.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I don't think my Bettis jerseys would fit anymore, lol. I have several Steelers jerseys. Off the top of my head:

36 Bettis
    36 Bettis (away)
    10 Stewart
    99 Kirkland
    80 Burress (away)
    7 Roethlisberger
    56 Woodley
    92 Harrison
    98 Hampton
    66 DeCastro

Probably a few more I'm forgetting. I'm considering getting:

94 Timmons
    91 Tuitt
    What no #84 Antonio Brown? For sure would have thought he would be on your jersey list.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    What no #84 Antonio Brown? For sure would have thought he would be on your jersey list.
    No, I'm a big guy so I stay away from jerseys of little guys. That's why no Bell or Ward or Parker or Polamalu. The only reason I got the Burress was because I found it at a store in Pittsburgh for like $40. Now days it's only linemen and linebackers for me. That's why I bought a DeCastro last year and I'm considering Tuitt and Timmons this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    There's always a surprise and a flop. My surprise is the Giants and my flop is San Francisco.
    Isn't that supposed to be obvious? Of course sf is flopping ..that was obvious the second they started the rumor about the coach and. Management. Remember, sf is hosting this year

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    The Giants aren't making the playoffs.
    A couple preview issues are telling you to expect it happening.its the 50th anniversary, I doubt the Giants stay home for this party

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    A couple preview issues are telling you to expect it happening.its the 50th anniversary, I doubt the Giants stay home for this party
    What does the 50th Super Bowl have to do with the Giants? What's the connection?

Football is back tonight!

Always love when the first preseason game is on...watch it like a real game lol

I actually like preseason because you get some backstories on players that won't make the team and such.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I actually like preseason because you get some backstories on players that won't make the team and such.
    Yeah guys fighting for a job. Usually sloppy but I do enjoy it. I remember last season watching Howard Jones from (Shepherd College...I mean University so they could charge more tuition...). Ah many good and bad memories lol. Anyway he had a very good preseason last year.

Lastnight #33 Alden Darby had a few bright moments in the game for Pittsburgh as well as Kevin Fogg

I simply can't get into preseason. I only watch dolphins games in the preseason and even that's a struggle. There are less than 5 roster spots really open and teams barely play the starters anymore. I bet the good qbs don't even play 4 quarters across 4 games.

I can barely watch NFL games (and it can only be a Saints game). I watched the 1st qtr of the HoF game and was done after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I simply can't get into preseason. I only watch dolphins games in the preseason and even that's a struggle. There are less than 5 roster spots really open and teams barely play the starters anymore. I bet the good qbs don't even play 4 quarters across 4 games.
    As they shouldn't. I remember when Vick got hurt in preseason and was out nearly for the season...though believe he came back. Really isn't worth it for the franchise QB to be playing much

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I can barely watch NFL games (and it can only be a Saints game). I watched the 1st qtr of the HoF game and was done after that.
    You're very brave.

If the Steelers weren't playing, I would not have made it that far.

My calendar marked for September 10th, that is when I will watch anything related to Pro Football. Until then, I just post pictures of crappy new college uniforms. Have always hated the preseason, closely followed by college recruiting. That is some creepy stuff these days. People following potential recruits on facebook and twitter.

Love NFL football.

Watch College Basketball on grass...I mean College Football as well but every game seems to be the No Huddle Read Option-a-fest to me now a days.

Enjoy the smaller team type games.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Love NFL football.

Watch College Basketball on grass...I mean College Football as well but every game seems to be the No Huddle Read Option-a-fest to me now a days.

Enjoy the smaller team type games.
    I miss the I-formation and passing as an admission that you were out-physicaled on first and second down.

Finesse football sucks.

I'm in luck with Navy running the triple option, as well as being able to throw on any given play thanks to Keenan Reynolds. I'll take Navy and college football any day of the week over the NFL.

I'll take watching 128 (or however many we have today) teams running a range from slight variations to completely different offenses over 32 teams running practically the same offense every week. If you don't like Spread Offenses, watch Stanford.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud