Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NFL Season Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    While I find his advice very humorous and probably not the best thing to say in this PC world we live in , there is some logic in it.

He was saying if you insist on having a crew and getting into trouble at least have a fall guy. I have been saying that for years when it comes to athletes if you are going to be stupid at least have someone else take the fall for it. Hell most of these guys aren't the brightest and they have friends on payroll.

@BD yeah that is an odd combination of folks to talk about character and the like. Didn't Warren just get arrested not to long ago for hitting a hooker or something to that effect?

Cris should have followed his own advice. Blame it on Sapp. Sapp is always in trouble, even ESPN and the NFL were forced to suspend him this year.

Sapp has had a busy year.

Soliciting a prostitute and allegedly assaulting two women at the Super Bowl. Pretty sure it was dismissed but does not mean it didn't happen. Moved to biting his girlfriend, throwing her to the ground and stepping on her head just a couple months ago.

Well usually in all of these type of things they want to show people who have led the example on what NOT to do. Maurice Clarett just spoke to Florida State's team recently right?

Yeah that's what I was saying OB. The athlete will get the most attention and/or blame anyway regardless if he did it or not. If they have been friends with the athlete from day one then it isn't even a question that they will likely step and take the fall. The new friends won't though

With Jordy Nelson probably down for the year, that might tighten up the NFC North, but I think Adams and the rookie Montgomery will keep the ship afloat and take pressure off of Cobb.
    The dude abides.

It's impossible to replace Jordy Nelson but they are thin at WR right now. They certainly can't afford another WR to go down. There are some people that think Miami will trade rishard Matthews or even Greg Jennings but I don't think so. At least not until they see their rookie get healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    It's impossible to replace Jordy Nelson but they are thin at WR right now. They certainly can't afford another WR to go down. There are some people that think Miami will trade rishard Matthews or even Greg Jennings but I don't think so. At least not until they see their rookie get healthy.
    Yeah not saying they can replace him, but with Rodgers and who he has at WR, I think they will be just fine.
    The dude abides.

I read an article about the 6 teams with the worst cap situation for next year and Miami was on that list. It might behoove the Dolphins to make some cap-friendly moves (in no way am I implying they should trade a WR to GB).

In other news. It isn't officially a Steelers preseason/early season until a key Lineman is injured. Keeping the trend alive for 2-3 of the past 4 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I read an article about the 6 teams with the worst cap situation for next year and Miami was on that list. It might behoove the Dolphins to make some cap-friendly moves (in no way am I implying they should trade a WR to GB).
    I think the Dolphins have the most money committed to players in the entire NFL next year. You could argue they are in the worst shape although they are young. Cam Wake, Olivier Vernon, and Lamar Miller are the only big free agents as most of their core is intact. They will have to pick one DE to resign. Truth is this team is married to Tannehill and his progression is the only thing that matters. He has improved again this camp so I'm hopeful. If he's good we can trim some fat in a few spots and be OK next year. We definitely won't be spenders in free agency.

You think they gave Suh too much?
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    You think they gave Suh too much?
    You always overpay in free agency but he's been incredible and also just turned 28 and is in his prime. He's the best DT in the game. With the cap going up a lot I don't see his contract as being bad. It's a lot better to overpay a little and get a stud then pay someone $6or $7 million a year and get mediocre to bad play like they got from Wheeler, Ellerbe and Hartline last year or two. Those contracts hurt worse imo.

Mike Vick talking to the Steelers.
    The dude abides.

The ensuing Mike Vick discussion has been moved here.

Please keep it there. Thank you.

Thank you!

On a smaller side note, my nephew played his first game for the Manitoba Bisons on Saturday night. They play their games at Bluebomber stadium. He's a redshirt freshman and is starting at WR right now. Had one catch. This is Canadian university football CIS. Very proud!

Thank you!

On a smaller side note, my nephew played his first game for the Manitoba Bisons on Saturday night. They play their games at Bluebomber stadium. He's a redshirt freshman and is starting at WR right now. Had one catch. This is Canadian university football CIS. Very proud!
    That's awesome!

Thank you!

Can we, at least, keep the Canadian College Football Discussion (who knew such a thing existed?) in the Canadian College Football Thread?

Spoiler: show
    Just kidding.

Very cool, Rudy!

Lol!

Breaking news! The NFL network is now finally in HD on Bell for me! Sorry Jaymo.

Brady wins. Suck it Goodell. He has power via cba but that doesn't mean he can do whatever he wants. What if he suspended Brady for life? What's to prevent that? Only the courts can prevent against his idiocy and they did.

And the courts just said it's perfectly alright to cheat and steal to win. Win by any means necessary.