Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NFL Season Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Oh the refs definitely swallowed the whistle in some games these playoffs.

Surprising when they did however.

Happy to see the Broncos win but not Talib

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    I'm the only sane person here. That is the truth.
    Peyton does nothing,Denver gets no penalties called on them..but you believe it was all natural lol.
    I picked Denver based on my premise while the world went the other way and I was right again. I'll pick next years super bowl right too.
    And be wrong 89 thousand times between now and then.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Was I correct there was only 1 holding/PI call the whole game? (Against Carolina) Which came at 3:13 mark?

Surprised by that, especially with Talib

And especially with the amount of man coverage it appeared my both
    Denver was flagged for offensive holding on fourth and one from the Carolina 5 yard line, 7:14 left in the 2nd.

Then Carolina got flagged with defensive holding on third and goal from the Carolina 4 yard line, 3:17 left in the game.

From what I remember and what I could tell running through drive summaries, there were no pass interference penalties at all during the game.

Most of Carolina's penalties came from false starts, offsides/neutral zone infractions and one or two delay of game penalties.

Smooth I meant defensive holding/PI. Like the holding call on Norman

That was only one called all game despite there being atleast 5 that I roughly counted between both teams.

Just surprised, then again I'm not because the officials seemed to hold off calling it as much during the playoffs...atleast I noticed when Pittsburgh played lol...which again special eye to Talib haha

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Smooth I meant defensive holding/PI. Like the holding call on Norman

That was only one called all game despite there being atleast 5 that I roughly counted between both teams.

Just surprised, then again I'm not because the officials seemed to hold off calling it as much during the playoffs...atleast I noticed when Pittsburgh played lol...which again special eye to Talib haha
    Ah, okay. Yeah, that was the only defensive holding/PI call all game. Other than Talib's first half antics and Carolina's screw ups in the line, the refs actually swallowed their whistles for most of the game and let the players play.

The major calls only came in the red zone. Denver's offensive holding and Carolina's defensive holding near or in the end zone that would potentially directly affect touchdowns.

And it's not like Carolina spent much time in Denver's red zone to open the chance for a defensive holding or PI call.

I picked Denver based on my premise while the world went the other way and I was right again. I'll pick next years super bowl right too.
    Took you long enough. Just like you picked the Super Bowl winner two years ago when you went with Denver to beat Seattle. Ohh, right. Or when you keep picking the Giants to make the playoffs for the last three years.

Lets see how long it took you to pick Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Okay Nostra-doofus, how is the fixed NFL going to play out this year. List everything you can so we can check them off every time you're wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Can't do it. He can only analyze after the fact so he can use whatever happened to fit his narrative. He's the Joe Montana of Monday Morning QBs.
    I know the Vikings will be in the Conference championship because they are hosting the SB next year with their new stadium ( the same circumstances as the Cardinals and 49ers in the past that you deny as another coincidence)
    if they actually want Washington to win this game...I guess they intend to have Minn. lose to Steelers in the SB or have Seattle get there to lose to Steelers...?

I knew Minn. would go deep in playoffs. Building a new stadium and hosting the SB Next year...but I figured they would lose to NY in the nfc Championship.
    Packers at Minn. in the conf Championship
    Pitt at KC in Conf Championship
    Pitt. Beats Minn. in SB

Minn. is going because they are hosting an SB and built a new stadium.Just like when the Cardinals and Niners went.
    Pitt is going and winning like they always do because they are older NFL royalty and the NFL likes it that way.
    What this tells me is GB vs KC might be what they're leading too
    I'll stick with Steelers vs Green Bay for now.

next week I'm going with:
    Packers
    Steelers
    Chiefs
    Seahawks

its quite possible they could have Pats win next week..but I think they want to tease with a Super Bowl I rematch
    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson
    isn't it amazing how Aaron Rodgers just hits last second bombs all the time ! LOL what a load of tv drama bull.

in light of Green Bay winning, I'm changing my pick tomorrow to Carolina over Seattle.

I originally thought they wanted Seahawks to Go to Green Bay. But it looks like they want Caryolina to go lose to who ever comes from the AFC.

Panthers
    Steelers
    Chiefs L
    Packers L
    well, thats a fascinating comment from a so called adult.

yep,two unrealistic fantastic finishes again today And I picked Panthers correctly.
    But all this talk of Manning's decline and they get Pats at home. I'm taking Denver and Panthers.
    Ram's Super Loser Predictions.

Minnesota going to the NFC Championship Game
    Minnesota-Pittsburgh Super Bowl
    Seattle-Pittsburgh Super Bowl
    Minnesota-NY Giants NFC Championship Game
    Green-Minnesota NFC Championship Game
    Pittsburgh-Kansas City AFC Championship Game
    Pittsburgh-Minnesota Super Bowl again
    Minnesota going to the Super Bowl
    Pittsburgh going to the Super Bowl
    Scratch that, Green Bay-Kansas City Super Bowl
    Picked Steelers over Broncos and Seahawks over Panthers, then at last minute changes to picking Carolina over Seattle
    Debates picking New England (so he can try and cover his ass later when they do win), but still picks Green Bay-Kansas City Super Bowl
    Finally makes a correct pick in the Championship Games picking Denver and Carolina.

Despite NEVER making a Denver-Carolina Super Bowl prediction, tries to talk shit like he knew it along, and then with a literal 50/50 chance of making a right pick, guesses correctly in picking the Broncos, and acts like it proves his dumbass theories correct. Of course someone is bound to get something right when they make 50 different changes to their predictions literally game by game.

Suck on my Super Bowl win celebrating balls bitch!
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 02-08-2016 at 12:08 AM.

Denver's defence just played fantastic. And Von Miller was great too. Not only pressure but he had great coverage on that one play to the WR down the sideline. Even better than the pressure was their run defence. Carolina got a bit pass happy in the second half while trailing. I think the overall pressure got to them. Cam did not play well but Denver deserves a lot of credit for that.

Denver was 1-14 on third down. Damn! I'd like to see a defence like Denver had in Miami. They barely stopped anyone this year putting even more pressure on a weak offence.

I'm the only sane person here. That is the truth.
    Peyton does nothing,Denver gets no penalties called on them..but you believe it was all natural lol.
    I recall Denver getting 2-3 personal fouls.

I REALLY hate it when tv people ask players or coaches after a game if they're leaving for the pros/retiring/leaving the team. That's not the time to ask or answer that.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I REALLY hate it when tv people ask players or coaches after a game if they're leaving for the pros/retiring/leaving the team. That's not the time to ask or answer that.
    It's what the viewers expect them to ask and has been this way forever. Peyton simply replied that his priorities were with his family first and he will give it some time. Pretty harmless stuff. I feel worse for the losing coaches that have to be interviewed right after the game about why they lost. It's what has always been aired and people expect it.

Congrats, Smooth!

skip, really? Are you sure you're not a Cleveland fan?

Scam Newton, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Dab that, motherfucker!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Congrats, Smooth!

skip, really? Are you sure you're not a Cleveland fan?

Thanks man. Still riding the high even this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Thanks man. Still riding the high even this morning.
    I know that feeling from the Saints winning 1 and the Spurs winning 5 {and from Southern Miss upsetting Houston for the C-USA title back in 2011(?)}.

Enjoy the sweet taste of victory

In regards to the game, I was surprised at Carolina with the deer in the headlights look to start the game. I predicted a defensive game with 20-16 Carolina, so it played it just like I thought, but the more inspired defense was from Denver. Glad to see Peyton get another ring. Very odd he'd give Papa John a kiss and hug at the end of the game

In regards to the commercials I'd go with:

1) Heniz Weiner Dogs
    2) Dorito Ultra Sound
    3) Amazon Echo with Baldwin and Marino
    4) Audi's Space Commander
    5) Bud Light Party with Rogen and Schumer
    The dude abides.

2015 NFL Season Talk

I can't even give you 5 commercials I like. I can do 3.

3) Doritos baby
    2) Sir Anthony Hopkins selling out to Turbo Tax
    1) Heinz weiner dogs

And of course the trailers for Capt. America, X-Men, and Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Well, someone was dabbing last night.

In Canada with my satellite provider they always "simsub" commercials when Canadian networks carry the same thing as American networks. That means the US feeds are replaced with the Canadian feeds and Canadian commercials. So I miss a lot of the good ones and have to watch online. I thought the Doritos one was the best. Only saw one Marino and Baldwin commercial but I guess there is more than one?

Von Miller is a badass. I have a great deal of respect for his game and he was huge in the AFC Championship and again last night. It's going to be real interesting to see what Denver does to try and hold this team together.

Assuming Manning is gone (one way or another) if they have to Franchise Miller then Osweiler could really put them in a bad spot if he decides to see what his value is on the market. Everyone is quick to say it's time to part ways with Manning and move on to Osweiler but they forget that Denver could find themselves without either one next year.

I'm not, of course, saying that that will happen but it's no given that Osweiler will be in Denver next season.

Apparently Nostradumbass has been saying all season that the Super Bowl is in Minnesota next year. It's not. It's in Houston.