Thread: NBA 2K16's 2K Pro-Am Features Court, Arena, Uniform Creation

• Facebook
  • Display

NBA 2K16's 2K Pro-Am Features Court, Arena, Uniform Creation

#2KPROAM has arrived for NBA 2K16. Grab your friends, design your own logos, jerseys and arenas for full branding of your team. After your identity has been stamped, rise up the leaderboards with your team to compete against the best in the world.

Length of time before all that customization is ruined by dick jokes: negative 5 seconds.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Those Team Curry jerseys are pretty creepy.

Thank god for no waiting. The 5 on 5 waiting was FOREVER. The customization looks really cool though.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Length of time before all that customization is ruined by dick jokes: negative 5 seconds.
    I had that same thought. They had better hope users report 'offensive' content or they could be in for a PR nightmare. Coach KKK Court, anyone? Will the NCAA, CLC, conferences, or teams step in if/once college uniforms and courts start to get made in large numbers? I'm really interested in seeing if/how they police content.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Those Team Curry jerseys are pretty creepy.

Thank god for no waiting. The 5 on 5 waiting was FOREVER. The customization looks really cool though.
    The customization and options do look awesome, but I wish they had shown something a little less gaudy. Was it just me or did the uniforms look a bit plastic-y and the floor decals like Fatheads thrown on the floor? Next year I think they are going to have to improve their graphics in some areas.

The user-created content should be pretty cool, but hopefully their content servers are more reliable than WWE 2K's. They are generally considered worse than NBA 2K's, which is saying something.

Operation Sports will be posting an interview with information on 2K Pro-Am this afternoon.

Some of the OS Q&A with Jeff Thomas on 2K Pro-Am:

Operation Sports: The trailer showed both an arena environment (10 players)as well as a Rec Center environment (40 players). Can you choose which settings to play in? How is that coordinated?

Jeff Thomas: The Pro-Am Arena is the new four court arena. The custom arenas are for team play exclusively. Team play can happen both in the Pro-Am arena and In your Team’s custom arena. All Walk-On play takes place in the Pro-Am Arena.

JT: Yes you can!

OS: If I only have 3 users in my team for Pro-Am, can I still play and have computer players as the other two players on our team, or do you need to make sure you have your team of 5 players?

JT: You can play with 3 players and 2 A.I. players.

OS: How do the leaderboard rankings work? Is it determined by win percentage, games played, record and/or region? Can you give us some more details on what the leaderboards track?

JT: Rankings are determined by an ELO rating system.

OS: Do you have to be in same Affiliation as everyone else to play together?

JT: No that isn’t necessary.

OS: Will teams be restricted by position? Example: Three 7-foot SFs and two centers? Or is it two guards, two forwards, one center?

JT: No there aren’t position restrictions.

I'm interested (confused?) on the difference between Team Play and Walk-on Play. Is Walk-on Play when you are going completely solo, less than five guys, lack a squad, or something else?

Tonight's 2KCast is supposed to talk more about 2K Pro-Am.

Create uniforms?

Sniffle....I'm crying tears of joy.