Thread: Hulk Hogan Will Not Appear in WWE 2K16

• Facebook
  • Display

Hulk Hogan Will Not Appear in WWE 2K16

Following his termination and scrubbing from WWE existence today, 2K Sports has confirmed to Polygon that Hulk Hogan will not appear in WWE 2K16:

Hogan will not appear in WWE 2K16, a 2K Sports representative told Polygon this afternoon.

"We are highly respectful of the way that our partners choose to run their business and manage our partnerships accordingly," the spokesperson said. "We can confirm that Hulk Hogan will not appear in WWE 2K16."

Asked about whether 2K Sports plans to remove Hogan from any previous WWE video games, the representative called it a "fair question," but said 2K Sports has "no other comments at this time."

He's still in the HoF, right?

Not on the list of Hall of Fame members on their website he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Not on the list of Hall of Fame members on their website he's not.
    Yep, covicted of rape is ok with the wwe kids, but don't dare be offensive in your language.

He still appears in the title history on wwe.com. This obviously makes wwe racist....

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    He still appears in the title history on wwe.com. This obviously makes wwe racist....
    Give them time.

Can't verify, but seeing that Hulk has even been removed from WWE 2K15.

It was brought up on another site, but couldn't that open 2K and WWE to lawsuits? Hulk Hogan was paid DLC. If they're removing him from the game and taking away access to redownload it, then people who paid for the Hogan DLC have basically just had content they specifically paid for removed.

Maybe? Though, I wouldn't be surprised within the TOC for each game some clause that content can be removed at anytime at the developer's discretion.

What he said was bad, but I'm not sure throwing him into the proverbial well and forgetting he ever existed is the proper course of action.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Maybe? Though, I wouldn't be surprised within the TOC for each game some clause that content can be removed at anytime at the developer's discretion.

What he said was bad, but I'm not sure throwing him into the proverbial well and forgetting he ever existed is the proper course of action.
    Exactly. What he said was certainly something I would not want to be affiliated with and firing him was the proper action for the company. However, trying to scrub him for existence is asinine to say the least. It sends the message that language or thought is worse than action.......back to my example of saying certain words gets you removed from the hall of fame, being convicted of rape like Mike Tyson does not.....

What did he say?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    What did he say?
    Dropped a bunch of N-words.

Just like with Donald Sterling, I think it's jacked up that you can lose everything because someone records your private conversation. What Hogan said is wrong but it being recorded and put out there is even more wrong.

And it's unfortunate that I'm not rich because I'd TOTALLY bang the feces out of Brooke.