Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR - General Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR - General Discussion

Thanks guys. Can you two give us your impressions yet? The game seems to be getting hammered by the Sim crowd while others are down on the lack of features.

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Thanks guys. Can you two give us your impressions yet? The game seems to be getting hammered by the Sim crowd while others are down on the lack of features.
    How is the sim crowd hammering it?
    The dude abides.

Complaint I am seeing the most is it is way too easy since the removal of the diagonal swing and second ball cam. Putting is universally complained about. Seeing guys post that the 3 click is actually the hardest etc. Far as the other complaints, it is being likened to NHL as bare bones. The career mode is really stripped down, no country clubs, basic player creator etc.

On the plus everyone says it looks good.

Complaint I am seeing the most is it is way too easy since the removal of the diagonal swing and second ball cam. Putting is universally complained about. Seeing guys post that the 3 click is actually the hardest etc. Far as the other complaints, it is being likened to NHL as bare bones. The career mode is really stripped down, no country clubs, basic player creator etc.
    I am pretty sure they're going away from yearly on this and making it evergreen. So yeah bare bones at launch, but should eventually get more as time goes on.
    The dude abides.

On the worst side of things, I see several posts about EA access has saved them the money of purchasing the game. This saddens me as TW14 was a great game when it worked and very fun. I was planning on grabbing this used after I see the support and future additions.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I am pretty sure they're going away from yearly on this and making it evergreen. So yeah bare bones at launch, but should eventually get more as time goes on.
    That's what I'm hoping.....will watch and see. Thanks

Career mode may be bare bones, but the progression system, leveling up, attribute group choices, and attributes increasing based on how you've done are all pretty cool and add to your progression of your created golfer.
    The dude abides.

On the plus everyone says it looks good.
    Yep this is what I have been reading as well. I'll stick with Golf Club for my golf gaming fix and I might pick this one up in the bargain bin or rent it from Game Fly. I simply do not understand why they took 2 years off and them came up with 8/9 real courses and only 12 golfers oh and took away the Golf Clubs and didn't replace it with an online tour or some other similar mode.

Took two years off, but only one year to create these courses from scratch. That is why there are not many at launch.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Took two years off, but only one year to create these courses from scratch. That is why there are not many at launch.
    Well then EA (the company) wasted a year and a suffering franchise is only going to suffer more.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Well then EA (the company) wasted a year and a suffering franchise is only going to suffer more.
    I think you are right. I vaguely remember when tiger was cancelled the pitch we got was "we are going to take 2 years to overhaul this game for next gen" or something similar. Now I assume that we and I mean JB is being told a year cause of this and that etc. Just seems the way they do things, NHL was very similar I heard. If they ever mess with FIFA lookout there would be riots

Seeing much of the same. The ones that boggle my mind are the lack of a schedule for the Tour mode. It is just play what comes up next and the Player Creator has gone to complete and utter shit. No facial hair? The player creator in this series was once one of the staples, earning tons of praise.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Seeing much of the same. The ones that boggle my mind are the lack of a schedule for the Tour mode. It is just play what comes up next and the Player Creator has gone to complete and utter shit. No facial hair? The player creator in this series was once one of the staples, earning tons of praise.
    I'm trying to stay positive and will wait and watch and see if EA supports and fleshes out this product. I will say this, their track record alone and complete lack of info about the future support and development of this product should give the buyer pause. Also, if their devs have the time to post on a site they really should not......well, I said I would stay positive

The OS thread gave me enough pause to undo my pre-order, because I do not see this selling very well. Just too damn similar to NHL 15 in terms of bare bones. Plus they really need to just retool the putting. Putting should be based on feel and length of the swing (TGC) not set your distance and watch a meter.

If they live up to the updates (adding missing features and free courses) along with the inevitable Amazon price drop, then and only then will I consider picking it up. The putting still grates on me though, enough that if there is a Demo on PS4, I will go that route first to see if I can still use that archaic putting setup. Maybe I will just play the whole thing 3-click swing.

Someone finally found facial hair. Just wanted to clear that up.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Someone finally found facial hair. Just wanted to clear that up.
    Well then sign me up......

Well then sign me up......
    Oops, cancel that order. It was just stubble when you changed the color of your skin. That is what I get for trusting a Divotmaker post. When you get paid by the post, you are going to have a few slip-ups.

Just saw that drive-by post by Hands. Bad form.

I think you are right. I vaguely remember when tiger was cancelled the pitch we got was "we are going to take 2 years to overhaul this game for next gen" or something similar. Now I assume that we and I mean JB is being told a year cause of this and that etc. Just seems the way they do things, NHL was very similar I heard. If they ever mess with FIFA lookout there would be riots
    Most of the PGA team was on Madden Mobile the first year off.
    The dude abides.

In general, I'd agree with most of the opinions out there... overall, it's a pretty good game, solid gameplay (nothing too different from previous games), great graphics, but on the whole, very shallow. What will make this game worthwhile will be the post-release support.

I would personally pay for some extra courses (like 4 for $5 or something) and also for added-on modes (I'm looking at Online Career) but otherwise, there should also be a focus on expanding on what is currently there (create-a-golfer, offline career, etc.). Maybe even have a Master's update that includes Augusta as well as a re-worked career mode or something.