Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR - General Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    The gameplay on the tour side is great as your over and underswing's are tracked and displayed for you on your shot along with your downswing.
    The dude abides.

They make you play with a putt meter?

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    In general, I'd agree with most of the opinions out there... overall, it's a pretty good game, solid gameplay (nothing too different from previous games), great graphics, but on the whole, very shallow. What will make this game worthwhile will be the post-release support.

I would personally pay for some extra courses (like 4 for $5 or something) and also for added-on modes (I'm looking at Online Career) but otherwise, there should also be a focus on expanding on what is currently there (create-a-golfer, offline career, etc.). Maybe even have a Master's update that includes Augusta as well as a re-worked career mode or something.
    Thanks G

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    The gameplay on the tour side is great as your over and underswing's are tracked and displayed for you on your shot along with your downswing.
    Yeah but the difficulty compared to Sim mode just isn't there from everything I gather.

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Yeah but the difficulty compared to Sim mode just isn't there from everything I gather.
    Can it not be set to Sim mode through custom settings?

I know the actual Sim mode was taken out, but can you not make the settings like they are on Sim...to be Sim mode? Swing difficulty, Zoom and the ball/marker alignment are the only factors when going from Tour Pro to Simulation I thought. Zoom may even already be off on Tour Pro.

Can we not change those settings I wonder...or if they are even available any longer

I'd still like to know if you are forced to use a putt meter when putting like it seems like Doughty was talking about

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Can it not be set to Sim mode through custom settings?

I know the actual Sim mode was taken out, but can you not make the settings like they are on Sim...to be Sim mode? Swing difficulty, Zoom and the ball/marker alignment are the only factors when going from Tour Pro to Simulation I thought. Zoom may even already be off on Tour Pro.

Can we not change those settings I wonder...or if they are even available any longer

I'd still like to know if you are forced to use a putt meter when putting like it seems like Doughty was talking about
    You can customize settings skip but the diagonal is gone along with the second ball cam etc. I'm already hearing mid 50s being shot.

You can customize settings skip but the diagonal is gone along with the second ball cam etc. I'm already hearing mid 50s being shot.
    Diagonal? In the swing?

And no way people are doing that from the Black tees without all the training wheels turned off...especially ball spin. You'd have to be hitting Eagles and Doubles I would think

That's because there is a green grid; which without is a pain in the ass.

There is a custom setting you can use though.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    That's because there is a green grid; which without is a pain in the ass.

There is a custom setting you can use though.
    So you can turn the grid off correct?

So you can turn the grid off correct?
    I'm pretty sure, but I don't have the game in front of me right now, and haven't messed with custom difficulty yet.
    The dude abides.

Diagonal? In the swing?

And no way people are doing that from the Black tees without all the training wheels turned off...especially ball spin. You'd have to be hitting Eagles and Doubles I would think
    Yes diagonal. Pull to 7 o'clock push to 1 instead of 12 to 6. Scared JB so much he wouldn't play it

Yes diagonal. Pull to 7 o'clock push to 1 instead of 12 to 6. Scared JB so much he wouldn't play it
    The dude abides.

Thought that's what you were referring to lol

Hmm that and not being able to turn off the green gird (possibly) would suck. May be able to live with it if the other options off and settings can somewhat resemble it though

I want to know what settings people are getting into the 50's without the training wheels

Skip I may be wrong but I can't imagine that they won't give you the option to turn the grids off. On the low scores 18 birdies is 54 but I guarantee they are doing this using the golfers included not a scrub created golfer with low stats.

Gotcha. That's what I was thinking too. Has to be a way to turn off.

Yeah but getting 18 birdies is even tough, unless favorable conditions are being used. I noticed on every video or stream I've seen everyone uses the putt path or guide thing. Guess that helps too

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Just saw that drive-by post by Hands. Bad form.
    What, that post was hilarious and like 5 more pages went by without anyone acknowledging it. I had to give that guy the credit he deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by HANDSWARD View Post
    What, that post was hilarious and like 5 more pages went by without anyone acknowledging it. I had to give that guy the credit he deserved.
    All the while ignoring all the legitimate questions people had in that thread, like the one right below your post. Even if you could not answer the question, a simple acknowledgment would have sufficed. People remember that. Just as they remember development teams that communicate with their customers. There is a reason why Tiburon takes a lot of gruff in regards to customer service and other companies, which I will not name, are praised.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 07-13-2015 at 09:32 PM.

A great shot I had while playing yesterday:

Great shot.....ya amateur