Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR - Review Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I think the plan is evergreen for now, but with all of the negativity surrounding it, I could see the next release be evergreen instead with a bigger base. Time will tell depending on what gets added down the road. If you see new features in addition to courses, then you might be able to assume it's evergreen.
    This is part of the problem as well as there is no clear vision of where this title is headed. I'd consider giving them a pass on only 9 courses if they had a posted schedule outlining what new courses were coming and the month for their release as well as Golf Clubs, Online Tours etc.....

I had not thought of that but I've heard from two guys that they aren't betting on support to flesh this out and traded in....went back to TGC etc. Would certainly help if they posted or confirmed some way of what, when, how they plan to support the game long term.

Based on how EA has supported certain things in the past, you know darn well they are waiting for more sales figures and future projections based on some magical telemetry from Beancounter #6548521, in investor relations, to determine how much content will be provided.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    This is part of the problem as well as there is no clear vision of where this title is headed. I'd consider giving them a pass on only 9 courses if they had a posted schedule outlining what new courses were coming and the month for their release as well as Golf Clubs, Online Tours etc.....
    Yeah that was my wish was to tell the masses the plans going forward, but I guess legally they can't or marketing won't let them, I don't know.

Maybe soon after we clear launch they can. I just know there are some good things planned.
    The dude abides.

EA is a publicly traded company... can't share too much for fear of stockholders... If they share it and it doesn't come true, then they would be subject to litigation.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    EA is a publicly traded company... can't share too much for fear of stockholders... If they share it and it doesn't come true, then they would be subject to litigation.

Granted, but they could share what they at least know they are going to do.....this late in the game etc

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Granted, but they could share what they at least know they are going to do.....this late in the game etc
    I'm not asking for speculation or "we hope to get.... added". I'm looking for this is 100% guaranteed and are target date for releasing the FREE DLC is X.

No one in their right mind would pay $60 for 9 courses and 12 golfers.

I'm not asking for speculation or "we hope to get.... added". I'm looking for this is 100% guaranteed and are target date for releasing the FREE DLC is X.

No one in their right mind would pay $60 for 9 courses and 12 golfers.
    The 12 golfers argument is nothing. Minus Tiger, 0.5% (if that) of gamers played with pro golfers.

The courses on the other hand is a legitimate gripe.
    The dude abides.

9 courses
    Pet peeve of mine... there are 12 courses. 12 not 9, or 10, or 8... 12
    13 if you pre-ordered. 13 in August for everyone. 14 in September for everyone. And stay tuned for more info to come.

And if you want to say that nobody cares about fantasy courses, Paracel Storm is the most popular course in the game right now (even without it being part of career) and Coyote Falls is #4 (also not in career to help bolster its numbers). Coyote was #2 early on but the Open helped bring St Andrews numbers up and Sawgrass had a solid jump in the past week, and is helped by being the first course in career. Probably should have made more fantasy courses as they obviously move the needle more than the real ones.

Quote Originally Posted by HANDSWARD View Post
    13 if you pre-ordered. 13 in August for everyone. 14 in September for everyone. And stay tuned for more info to come.

And if you want to say that nobody cares about fantasy courses, Paracel Storm is the most popular course in the game right now (even without it being part of career) and Coyote Falls is #4 (also not in career to help bolster its numbers). Coyote was #2 early on but the Open helped bring St Andrews numbers up and Sawgrass had a solid jump in the past week, and is helped by being the first course in career. Probably should have made more fantasy courses as they obviously move the needle more than the real ones.
    You interact with your customers and potential customers in, let's just say, odd ways.

You interact with your customers and potential customers in, let's just say, odd ways.
    Unemployed Duke fans aren't potential customers.

Go Heels!

Go Heels!
    The dude abides.

Honestly alot better than I would....when all I heard was the opinion towards the game is "it's terrible, sucks, not worth my money....as if their money is everyone's money, etc, etc, etc".

And I'm a pretty mild mannered person

Fair enough I saw the 9 # from somewhere but 12 is still too few and I'm not dropping $60 for 12 courses either.

If memory serves there were some where between 30-40 courses in TW13. So.... EA has cut 60-70% of the courses in the series after a 2 year period to work on the game.

I'll "stay tuned" but you have about 28 more courses to go before the value proposition is there.

Meh doesn't bother me. He can take my negative comments about the game personal (or maybe he was joking). It doesn't affect me in the slightest or my opinion towards his employer.

Go Heels!
    You must have taken too many Swahili and/or Af-Am classes at

That is the only logical way to explain how/why EA (or at least their employees) do not consider avid sports fans who are in the top 1% of income in the US are not potential customers.
    Last edited by CLW; 07-28-2015 at 04:13 PM.

That is the only logical way to explain how/why EA (or at least their employees) do not consider avid sports fans who are in the top 1% of income in the US are not potential customers.

Touche

And honestly guys, I come on this site as a normal user. I guess you guys look at me as an "EA Employee" and I guess you have all the right to. I come on here to play NCAA OD (which I have been on Auto for a hot bit but I still recruit via the web each week). I should probably take my posts in the Rory forum a little more seriously.

Touche

And honestly guys, I come on this site as a normal user. I guess you guys look at me as an "EA Employee" and I guess you have all the right to. I come on here to play NCAA OD (which I have been on Auto for a hot bit but I still recruit via the web each week). I should probably take my posts in the Rory forum a little more seriously.
    Yeah - trust me - although I know you work for EA on PGA - I know you are not coming here in your "official capacity"

CLW, 20 of the 36 courses were DLC.

Don't think 20 courses were available 7 days after release...and certainly not free. Granted believe you could unlock by coins/course mastery?

So instead of the 12 it has now...it had 16 on the base game that version. 1 of course was Augusta.

4 more courses wouldn't have been a deal breaker to me
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 07-28-2015 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    CLW, 20 of the 36 courses were DLC.

Don't think 20 courses were available 7 days after release...and certainly not free. Granted believe you could unlock by coins/course mastery?

So instead of the 12 it has now...it had 16 on the base game that version. 1 of course was Augusta.

4 more courses wouldn't have been a deal breaker to me

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    What was on the computer I wonder
    The dude abides.