Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR - Review Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    I can't see anymore.....or spell

I do not know how much one week means, especially in the UK, since Rory is British but...

Rory was #1 selling video game last week in the UK.

https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.....jsp&ct=110015

Giant Bomb did their thing. That character created and the commentary.

Glad I wasn't looking forward to that game. That looks beyond terrible.

Game doesn't look all that bad to me.

I haven't been reading the reviews or knocks on the game or anything. Friend of mine just said it's a little basic. Not sure how much more you can add.

May get it eventually but had to go with the far cheaper option at the moment with TGC with Madden coming next month

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Game doesn't look all that bad to me.

I haven't been reading the reviews or knocks on the game or anything. Friend of mine just said it's a little basic. Not sure how much more you can add.

May get it eventually but had to go with the far cheaper option at the moment with TGC with Madden coming next month
    I played this yesterday at a retailer.....you went with the far better product skip in TGC I assure you.

I agree with everyone's sentiments, and trust me, we were pretty harsh in our meeting with the team at community day to wrap up things in regards to content and etc.

I feel the gameplay is solid, and amateur without the blue line (which is off in Online Tournaments) is not the gimme it used to be overall.

With that said, what needs to be done here to make you guys happy with Rory?
    The dude abides.

More options for online hth. Country clubs missing has disappointed many on my friend list. Dropping Sim mode has upset several guys on my psn list, these are guys that don't visit forums and pretty much are golf only guys. Every one of these guys has already traded it in and gone back to TGC. Deeper career mode is a must for me to buy at any price, from what I played just no depth at all. Just a few

I agree the game plays decent but without Sim it's way to easy. Sim mode was the innovation the series needed, strange to drop it after a year.

I never use the PGA golfers and really don't care for spending tons of time trying to create my golfer, I know many care about these though just not in my circle.....more courses or even better a course creator would be helpful.....

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Giant Bomb did their thing. That character created and the commentary.

Almost forgot, please add an option to turn off all the crap post shot.

Country Club feature wasn't a big deal to me. Yeah it was cool but that wouldn't have disappointed me had I bought the game.

More courses is all I can think of. Thing is the game wasn't bad to begin with past versions. Making the ball physics better and things like that is all it truly needed. And of course the ability to buy courses with coins/XP would have been nice to have back. The lack of player creator stuff really doesn't bother me at all. Hell especially after just being limited to changing my golfer's skin tone and select clothes on the TGC...which is fine I never care for that anyway but it seems to bother quite a few people apparently.

The ability to customize difficulty settings was great and if it's still in the game (doesn't have to be a preset mode, just the option to make it to your liking and not dumb down).

I guess since my list of things isn't long that's why the game doesn't seem that bad to me...this of course not having the chance to play it yet. I couldn't imagine the game being that bad if you can turn off the visual and stuff that makes it easy (aiming arc, putt line, swing path/meter, etc).

The Career mode was always kinda weak, enjoyable but I wasn't banking on it being the main driving point of the game.

So really for me

• More courses at fair prices
    • More customizable difficulty settings?
    • Ball physics

Everything else is fine with me from outside looking in

Can you do sim mode through custom settings though?

I believe it is in the works for more H2H options.

There obviously will be more courses, you just have to stay tuned. I know the plan, but can't really share it.

No one uses the PGA golfers. 97% used CAG, 2.5% used Tiger, and 0.5% used others. The only time I like using PGA golfers is being forced to use them for an Online Tournament for a specific one.

Country Clubs and deeper career are probably a ways off unfortunately.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Can you do sim mode through custom settings though?

I believe it is in the works for more H2H options.

There obviously will be more courses, you just have to stay tuned. I know the plan, but can't really share it.

No one uses the PGA golfers. 97% used CAG, 2.5% used Tiger, and 0.5% used others. The only time I like using PGA golfers is being forced to use them for an Online Tournament for a specific one.

Country Clubs and deeper career are probably a ways off unfortunately.
    That was my question. During the settings run through I don't recall seeing many in-depth settings options as there were in TW14. You ran through it rather quick that night you streamed gameplay lol. Didn't get a chance to see you actually play with some of those settings turned on.

Yeah the PGA golfers aren't a huge deal...other than seeing their name on the leaderboard when playing. The weird clothing and CAG options kind of annoyed me. The hockey stick as a club or putter. None of that stuff means anything to me.

I figured more courses certainly would be available. I'm still salty about why they changed their course structure to begin with but understand why it was going to happen. I saw the DLC trend coming...as now it's in every game you play...mobile and console.

J.B. just have whoever read the posts on the ea forum. The issue thread details bugs, glitches, and complaints galore about the product as is.....something I have no knowledge of with my limited experience with the game. I would work on this stuff then add new features.

Also, JB have you heard it is not evergreen but every other year release yet?

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Also, JB have you heard it is not evergreen but every other year release yet?
    I think the plan is evergreen for now, but with all of the negativity surrounding it, I could see the next release be evergreen instead with a bigger base. Time will tell depending on what gets added down the road. If you see new features in addition to courses, then you might be able to assume it's evergreen.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I think the plan is evergreen for now, but with all of the negativity surrounding it, I could see the next release be evergreen instead with a bigger base. Time will tell depending on what gets added down the road. If you see new features in addition to courses, then you might be able to assume it's evergreen.
    Are the reviews negative? Certainly. I however do not think negativity surrounds it as if the consumer or potential consumer is being unreasonable. Not sure what you meant. Basically this is how an informed market should work. It's up to ea to improve this product to retain the buyers they have and to attract more. If you are saying that because of the markets backlash they may bail on it altogether (my original concern) then they will alienate even more customers.

I have a pretty good feeling they are not bailing.

(remember I said this with NBA too and was right)
    The dude abides.

Bring back all the features that were in TW 14.
    More courses. Like SC said I really could care less about more PGA players to play with.
    Next Gen Gameface.
    Keep the 3 click.
    Online PGA Tour
    Have the development team play the crap out of Links 2004 and bring that analog swing to the game. That putting setup just does not cut it. You need to be in control of the swing.
    Kick Peter Moore in the nuts for letting this game come out this way.