Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR - Review Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

opcorn:

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    SUCKS!

Call me naive, I've been waiting for this game since the last Tiger Woods Golf game. I just wanted a golf game on Next Gen. I have TGC, it's a good game but I also enjoy this one. I liken it to a race game, there are multiple race games, each one is slightly different, not better or worse. It just seems like people come on here and say SUCKS!

GAME SUCKS!

I mean what are you wanting? It seems like IF they came out w/ the perfect game (whatever that is) people would still say SUCKS!

Madden hasn't changed that much, it's a freaking football game, football hasn't really changed since I was a kid, they still play offense, defense, special teams, they run and pass the ball...what earth shattering advancements are you looking for?

This is a golf game, what are you looking for? SUCKS!

GAME SUCKS!

Personally, I like that we have a golf game. I like how it looks. It plays great. I play on Tour mode, I don't give a flying f*ck about all that boost video game golf crap. So I don't see what the game is missing. SUCKS!

GAME SUCKS!

It has great graphics, swing mechanics seem very good, offers, full, choke, punch, flop, pitch, & chip shots. It does have club manufactures, clothing, courses (I guess the complain is it SUCKS!) It has courses, but doesn't have all 130 billion that it should, GAME SUCKS!

I like that you can draw and fade the ball, you can hit high & low draw shots, high & low fades...GAME SUCKS!

I haven't tried chipping with my hybrid or putting from the fringe (i.e. Texas wedge) but it seems good. GAME SUCKS!

I read and hear people give reviews that the ball physics SUCK! They say the ball just drops straight into the hole each time and in real life it doesn't do that. GAME SUCKS!

I think they must not have bought the same edition I did. When I'm playing I've lipped putts, had them break in the side door, they don't just go straight in, maybe my game is "broken"?

GAME SUCKS!

I guess I'd like to know what the perfect game is, I need to know so I can go out and buy it. This game obviously isn't it b/c it SUCKS!

End rant.

I think I just shit my pants a little.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    SUCKS!

Call me naive, I've been waiting for this game since the last Tiger Woods Golf game. I just wanted a golf game on Next Gen. I have TGC, it's a good game but I also enjoy this one. I liken it to a race game, there are multiple race games, each one is slightly different, not better or worse. It just seems like people come on here and say SUCKS!

GAME SUCKS!

I mean what are you wanting? It seems like IF they came out w/ the perfect game (whatever that is) people would still say SUCKS!

Madden hasn't changed that much, it's a freaking football game, football hasn't really changed since I was a kid, they still play offense, defense, special teams, they run and pass the ball...what earth shattering advancements are you looking for?

This is a golf game, what are you looking for? SUCKS!

GAME SUCKS!

Personally, I like that we have a golf game. I like how it looks. It plays great. I play on Tour mode, I don't give a flying f*ck about all that boost video game golf crap. So I don't see what the game is missing. SUCKS!

GAME SUCKS!

It has great graphics, swing mechanics seem very good, offers, full, choke, punch, flop, pitch, & chip shots. It does have club manufactures, clothing, courses (I guess the complain is it SUCKS!) It has courses, but doesn't have all 130 billion that it should, GAME SUCKS!

I like that you can draw and fade the ball, you can hit high & low draw shots, high & low fades...GAME SUCKS!

I haven't tried chipping with my hybrid or putting from the fringe (i.e. Texas wedge) but it seems good. GAME SUCKS!

I read and hear people give reviews that the ball physics SUCK! They say the ball just drops straight into the hole each time and in real life it doesn't do that. GAME SUCKS!

I think they must not have bought the same edition I did. When I'm playing I've lipped putts, had them break in the side door, they don't just go straight in, maybe my game is "broken"?

GAME SUCKS!

I guess I'd like to know what the perfect game is, I need to know so I can go out and buy it. This game obviously isn't it b/c it SUCKS!

End rant.
    Gus you are naive.

In all seriousness I'm glad some are enjoying this but everyone on my psn friends list that has purchased this has messaged me to say they regret it. Plus the youtube reviews are brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    In all seriousness I'm glad some are enjoying this but everyone on my psn friends list that has purchased this has messaged me to say they regret it. Plus the youtube reviews are brutal.
    Speaking of brutal.

Let's go back a year.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-.../1100-6420699/

Further still, Wilson pointed out that EA's decision to not release a new Need for Speed game in 2014--making this year the first in over a decade without a new game--is a testament to EA's new "player-first" mentality. The company won't release a game unless it's "great," he said, even if it takes more time than anticipated to get there.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 07-16-2015 at 05:15 PM.

Soooo Powerstar Golf is the best golf game out right now? Interesting I hadn't heard of it

I've been watching a few streams looking for tour difficulty etc, my question for any of you playing this is can the after shot dancing and pouting etc be turned off?

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Speaking of brutal.

Let's go back a year.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-.../1100-6420699/
    But they had to work on Madden mobile a year......basically they are masters at marketing as like I stated earlier many on my friends list have purchased and are upset. Many of these guys swore off this two years ago.....short memories I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Soooo Powerstar Golf is the best golf game out right now? Interesting I hadn't heard of it
    It was a pretty fun game. Xbox One only and played a bit like Hot Shots Golf.

I've been watching a few streams looking for tour difficulty etc, my question for any of you playing this is can the after shot dancing and pouting etc be turned off?
    I play on Tour diff, and as far as I've seen no. I haven't looked all over but while playing it does get silly how explosive his reactions will be. Sink a birdie putt and he'll ride the putter like a horse slapping it, or he does a Robot dance, or some sprinkler looking thing.

If you miss a putt he'll act like he's doing to double fist hammer throw the putter.

I play golf in real life with some guys like that, we all usually shakes our heads and make fun of them when they aren't there. I subscribe to the school of thought, "act like you've been there."

Been busy with work (haven't had much time to play), but so far into the 3rd round of the Web.com at TPC Sawgrass and I'm leading with -10, 1 round to go. 2nd place is at -4 so I'm feeling pretty good about my chances.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    It was a pretty fun game. Xbox One only and played a bit like Hot Shots Golf.
    Gotcha

So the ball explodes and wild stuff like that? Except it isn't a mode...the game is built around it?

Apparently people like their golf that way than close representations of it...beating the likes of both TGC and PGA Tour. Atleast if any weight is being put into the ratings posted above

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Gotcha

So the ball explodes and wild stuff like that? Except it isn't a mode...the game is built around it?

Apparently people like their golf that way than close representations of it...beating the likes of both TGC and PGA Tour. Atleast if any weight is being put into the ratings posted above

Nope, it was a pretty straight forward golf game, with the ability to use special shots and caddy boosts every so often. For the most part it was just plain old golf, minus the analog swing. Even borrowing from the older Tiger games where clubs, clothes and accessories you purchase impact your stats.

Hot Shots Golf had some of that wacky stuff too but you were not forced to use it. Even labeled an arcade game because of the crazy characters and caddies, HSG played closer to a simulation than it's Tiger counterparts in many areas. Ball physics in HSG were amazing and they utilized sidehill/uphill/downhill lies affecting a shot before anyone else on console golf games. Just to name a few things off the top of my head. The problem with HSG games were the limited courses, although you did have the option to play mirrored versions of each course.

Well its better than both TGC and PGA...so it's doing something right that they both aren't lol

More friendly target of gamer or the game isn't taken as serious because of the characters maybe or something

Those type of games are addicting. I remember playing something on 360 when I had one. It was some golf game a while back but it had silly obstacles and things in it if I recall

Boy the ea forums and especially the Amazon customer reviews are a riot to read.

Boy the ea forums and especially the Amazon customer reviews are a riot to read.
    Yeah might be the end of the series if sales fall flat (which I expect them to do)

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Yeah might be the end of the series if sales fall flat (which I expect them to do)
    Do you think another publisher/developer could get the PGA license?
    Last edited by SCClassof93; 07-19-2015 at 12:08 PM.

Do you think another publisher/developer could get the PGA liscense?
    Powerstar Golf lol

Do you think another publisher/developer could get the PGA liscense?
    Nope b/c unlike Madden/FIFA the PGA license/brand isn't strong enough (right now) to drive sales.

I see 2 types of golf games going forward - #1 Golf Club (indy "sim") and #2 Arcade/Hot Shots games