Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR - Review Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    CLW those were Collector's editions.

There is no Collector's edition this version so I was comparing base game to base game.

So you wouldn't pay $60 for the number of courses this version (12)...but would pay $69 or $79 or how much ever it was for 8 more courses?

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post

There is no Collector's edition this version so I was comparing base game to base game.

So you wouldn't pay $60 for the number of courses this version (12)...but would pay $69 or $79 or how much ever it was for 8 more courses?
    He's a lawyer, bending the truth is in his DNA
    The dude abides.

The amount of courses was something I would have thought to be lame if I was still a first day flag waiver for ea, it would not have kept me from buying. I've had several opportunities to buy it used already which was what I was going to do.....what keeps me from buying it now are the metacritic reviews, amazon reviews and the complaints that have not been answered on ea's own forum and these complaints are not just about a lack of content, the biggie is the glitch hth play online. We quote metacritic alot around here but with this title not so much or just make the joke about the unhappy consumer instead of the game.....not sure why that is but anyway....

I'd never heard of or visited that site until BD posted the picture of the 3 golf games with Powerstar leading.

I simply can't buy it until it comes significantly down in price since Madden is coming out so soon. Game budget is always 2 games a year...Madden and COD for my shooting shit after hundreds of Madden games fix

Yes those were collector's editions but you could also unlock the courses through "mastery" in 13 which was REALLY easy. Of course the lame games media bitched and moaned about a way for gamers to get something for FREE so EA ditched the program and forced us to pay for the courses in 14. (or at least that is what I recall).

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Yes those were collector's editions but you could also unlock the courses through "mastery" in 13 which was REALLY easy. Of course the lame games media bitched and moaned about a way for gamers to get something for FREE so EA ditched the program and forced us to pay for the courses in 14. (or at least that is what I recall).
    Yeah that pissed me off as well. I remember PM'ing JB as soon as I played and found out it was gone.

Absolutely loved that method and recall it being easy as well. It eventually would have went away either way with the way DLC has come about but still maybe not when it did.

Speaking of Metacritic, thanks to Gamespot and their review score of "4" they now have a 61 PS4 rating. Tied with "Schrodinger's Cat and the Raiders of the Lost Quark" and one point ahead of NHL 15.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 07-29-2015 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Speaking of Metacritic, thanks to Gamespot and their review score of "4" they now have a 61 PS4 rating. Tied with "Schrodinger's Cat and the Raiders of the Lost Quark" and one point ahead of NHL 15.
    There are huge plans for Schrodinger's Cat, stay tuned.....