Thread: Trio of DJs Creating Largest Soundtrack in NBA 2K History in 2K16

• Facebook
  • Display

Trio of DJs Creating Largest Soundtrack in NBA 2K History in 2K16

Via press release:

DJ Mustard, DJ Khaled and DJ Premier collaborate to create biggest soundtrack in NBA 2K history, including six new exclusive tracks

2K today announced that NBA 2K16, the newest iteration of the top-rated video game simulation series for the last 15 years*, will feature the most extensive soundtrack in NBA 2K history with three genre-defining collaborators at the helm - legendary hip-hop producer DJ Premier, renowned producer DJ Khaled, and super-producer DJ Mustard. As one of the most successful entertainment properties of the last decade, NBA 2K16’s partnership brings together their unique creative direction in curating more than 50 tracks and contributing a total of six new exclusive tracks to this year’s title.

• “I am excited to be a part of the ongoing series of NBA 2K. As a sports fan, it was already fun before the work began. NBA 2K16 will be another big hit, especially alongside DJ Mustard and DJ Khaled bringing our different musical styles to the game.” - DJ Premier
    • “I am honored to collaborate with NBA 2K, which is such a distinguished brand and one of my favorite video games. Basketball and music are two of my favorite things, and I'm excited to light up the soundtrack with my signature sound. Expect the hottest tracks and of course hit music when you press the start button on NBA 2K16! We The Best! Who?!!! NBA 2K16 that's who!!!!” – DJ Khaled
    • “It’s an honor and a blessing to be part of the NBA 2K musical family alongside legends like Pharrell, Jay Z, DJ Premier and DJ Khaled.” - DJ Mustard

NBA 2K16’s soundtrack will be comprised of six in-game playlists, including three lists individually curated by each producer, an international “Around the World” playlist, the 2K Classics Mixtape featuring fan favorites from previous 2K titles, and a master playlist that includes all 50 tracks from this year’s selection. The expansive music library spans a wide range of genres, including hip-hop, electronic, pop, rock and alternative, from throwback tracks from the ‘70s through today’s Top 40, including The Ramones’ “Blitzkrieg Bop,” Nas’ “Represent,” and Zedd’s “I Want You to Know” featuring Selena Gomez.

Gamers will also have the opportunity to listen to all-new instrumental tracks created by each producer, which will be available in-game at various points during the MyPLAYER and MyGM experiences.

“As we continue to identify ways to elevate the NBA 2K franchise for our fans, we wanted to give them more options and choices than ever before with this year’s soundtrack,” said Alfie Brody, Vice President of Marketing for NBA 2K. “By bringing these influential producers onboard, fans will be able to experience in-game music in unique, customizable ways.”

Well, that soundtrack is guaranteed to suck balls.

Come on 2K! Give us some gameplay or presentation or SOMETHING! You have songs on your game, we get it. This is like the third update on the soundtrack portion of the game.

Trio of DJs Creating Largest Soundtrack in NBA 2K History in 2K16

LMAO!!!

2K: Look at all these songs!!!

Consumers: What's new in gameplay?!?!

2K: Look at all these songs!!!

2K usually doesn't put out much gameplay until around GamesCom (early August), but I'm surprised they haven't even put out a single screenshot yet. They usually have done that by now.

I'd expect that first week of August to be busy with NBA 2K and Live info from Germany (GamesCom).

They're worried about Live this year
    The dude abides.

My guess is that they are hoping to bury some of the enthusiasm around Live. Once Live announces some feature(s) at GamesCom, I expect 2K to start laying it on with news & videos of the MyCareer featuring a Spike Lee Joint. They know the Spike Lee stuff is going to get coverage at media outlets, not just gaming/sports sites.

Between Madden & now NBA 2K, I hope Live just announces the songs on the soundtrack at some point; not with a 'our soundtrack is going to be awesome - we'll just tell you about it later' tease/press release.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    They're worried about Live this year
    I hope that was sarcasm. If not then....