Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    The game is hard. No question about that! I didnt like how stealth based it was. Trying to complete the challenge where I had to break into a compound felt impossible.
    What’s bad is that I’m playing on easy. 🤦🏾*♂️

I like stealth games. What I don’t like in this game is how easily I’m discovered and how once 1 enemy “sees” me (I’m always hidden when I attack), I have to fight 5 or 6 enemies who all have ridiculous attacks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I ever play this again I’m going easy too!

If I ever play this again I’m going easy too!
    *whispers* I just moved it down to story difficulty.

Ok, now that I’ve put it on Story difficulty.......

.......this game is FUN!

All that frustration about getting beat up on by 50 enemies when I stealthily attack 1 is gone. NOW I actually feel like a bad ass hunter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes frustration can ruin a game. Story mode it is lol

Sometimes frustration can ruin a game. Story mode it is lol
    I can’t begin to tell you just how much more fun I’ve had since changing the difficulty. The game sets up some ridiculous encounters like 2 giant mole robots (1 is more than enough) or Thunderjaw surrounded by 2 Sawteeth. Eliminating that frustration made the game infinitely more playable. And there’s only 1 trophy dependent on difficulty so you’re not even punished for having it easier.

I think that difficulty frustration certainly led me to quit. I remember the bandit hideout thing was horribly difficult.

Complete edition is C$17.99 right now. I may jump on it. Got nothing to play really until September. Definitely going Easy if I do. Got too frustrated before.

Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)

Complete edition is C$17.99 right now. I may jump on it. Got nothing to play really until September. Definitely going Easy if I do. Got too frustrated before.

Man, I had to play on NARRATIVE before I could make progress.

I had a hard time at 1st as well you just have to play stealth/cautious until you build Aloy up then eventually you can pretty much go in guns blazing but I still preferred the stealth/think it out approach setting traps etc...

Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)

I wore stealth “armor” and put stealth upgrades on it to be stealthier and they all still came running for me after 1 ranged attack in the tall grass.

Story mode may be a possibility for me too lol.

Story mode may be a possibility for me too lol.
    You’ll be amazed how fun the game becomes at that point.

I bought it again. But it was annoying that even though I started a New Game (last played it in April 2017) it skips the intro scene. Game just cuts to "6 years later..." and I thought I messed something up. But after googling it, the game just automatically skips the intro in all modes if it thinks you've ever seen it. Very dumb since they use "square" to skip any cut scene you want. I ended up watching it on YouTube but you can also go into the Extra section in game and find it.

I'm enjoying the beginning of the game again. Playing on Easy has been nice. I can be stealthy but still get in some trouble with the dinosaurs and not die.

I still maintain this game does not teach the player all of the mechanics that well. It opens up too many things too quickly. Very quickly you can get a bunch of different weapons, crafting, RPG trees, trade shops etc and it's still a bit overwhelming. I thought God of War did a much better job of slowly introducing all of their features so you never felt clueless about anything.

I still think the frame rate is a bit shaky and/or the movement a bit quick. I’d love to see this on a Pro and if the enhanced mode smooths it out. Game looks great except for the teeth. They have some weird colouring or shine to them. I thought the same thing the first time I played. I am looking forward to advancing the story as I always thought it was intriguing and done well.

Game looks great except for the teeth.

I still think the frame rate is a bit shaky and/or the movement a bit quick. I’d love to see this on a Pro and if the enhanced mode smooths it out. Game looks great except for the teeth. They have some weird colouring or shine to them. I thought the same thing the first time I played. I am looking forward to advancing the story as I always thought it was intriguing and done well.
    I have a Pro and I don’t recall any framerate issues. I do need to finish the endgame though so I’ll have to check on that. I also don’t remember a teeth problem (it’s been a really long time since I’ve played) but I remember everyone being plastic-y and shiny looking.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I have a Pro and I don’t recall any framerate issues. I do need to finish the endgame though so I’ll have to check on that. I also don’t remember a teeth problem (it’s been a really long time since I’ve played) but I remember everyone being plastic-y and shiny looking.

The teeth probably are just too shiny lol. Just a bit odd when they do the cut scenes. I’m back to the Proving now.

I'm enjoying the game. Playing on Easy has been a lot more fun. That said, I just did a level 18 mission where I'm level 25 and I was struggling a little lol. Easy = Normal imo.

I've got the Shadow weapons but I really only use my main bow and mix in the Tripcaster when I'm up against big machines. I will use the Sharpshot bow a little (probably should more) and I don't have an upgraded Rattler but I do like that for a lot of bandit, close range fighting. I pretty much never use the sling or bombs/traps. I don't bother with potions other than health. This game has so many types of things it's overwhelming at times so I have just enjoyed playing on Easy and using a simpler approach.

The story just had a big reveal for me so I am very interested in what happened.
    Spoiler: show
    Aloy's mom is shown in holograms from hundreds of years ago, working on the Zero Dawn weapon to fight back against the machines. I still don't know why the machines are dinosaurs or how the world got destroyed or why they are after Aloy. It's a Terminator story at heart imo.