Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)

• Facebook
  • Display
    The game is getting great reviews, but I'm probably going to hold off on this one until Xmas sales and just catch on my backlog in the meantime.

My copy shipped on Friday via Amazon and release day shipping. I'm close enough to the warehouse though that there is a good chance I get it Monday. My daughter is super pumped. I don't know if I will start right away. Need to keep time open For Honor.

I've been waiting for this game as my 1st PS4 Pro Lg 65" B6 OLED goodness.

I will be interested to hear your impressions. I lover Fallout 4, Witcher III, Skyrim, etc but for whatever reason this game just isn't registering with me.

I just got it from my mail box and popped it in to get it installed. Watched the opening story sequence and the graphics are fantastic. If that wasn't just CGI then it looks amazing in 1080p! No pro here.

The game looks great but the camera is a bit jerky. It isn't super smooth at times although it is my daughter at the controls and she may be partially to blame. I think UC4 was smoother.

Played 2 hours today during nap time on my PS4 Pro and LG 65" OLED in 4K. OMFG it is the most beautiful game I have ever seen. Combat is fun and I haven't really even exited the "tutorial" section yet and I'm having a blast doing some side quests/errands and just running around.

Haven't noticed the issue with the right stick controller that Rudy mentioned but I'm playing pretty stealthy right now.

The only thing I've noticed (and its in allot of reviews) is some of the dialog scenes the facial expressions (particularly in the eyes) looks odd/off. This is common in allot of open world games its noticeable but it's not the worst i've ever seen in an open world game.

Loving it so far and right now I have very little doubts its a Top 5 game all-time for me and I'll be 100% this bad boy and just taking my sweet time with it because its going to be a real treat.

I think the camera thing was largely my daughter. It's smoother when my son plays. I still haven't played yet myself as I'm playing For Honor still.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Played 2 hours today during nap time on my PS4 Pro and LG 65" OLED in 4K. OMFG it is the most beautiful game I have ever seen.
    The game even looks stunning in screenshots people are posting online. I can only imagine how great it looks in action.

Got it on release day but with vacation and getting back into the swing of things I've barely had time with it.
    The dude abides.

Too many games. I may postpone Mass Effect since I still have to play this game. I've heard it takes around 30 hours.

Played quite a bit last night....the story has been really good. For those who've played I got past the Proving.
    The dude abides.

Sold 2.6M copies in the first 2 weeks. Wow! For being a PS4 exclusive that's huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Sold 2.6M copies in the first 2 weeks. Wow! For being a PS4 exclusive that's huge.
    Biggest in the history of the PS4 for a new IP.
    The dude abides.

Finally going to dig into this game. After playing For Honor for so long, which uses weighty and slower characters, this game feels like it's on crack when you move. The camera and characters move ultra fast. It's like playing Madden on super fast mode. Definitely an adjustment.

Going from an online fighter to a story based, offline game is different. I can go at my own pace. The graphics are excellent. I've seen most of this beginning from watching my kids. The first hour is very heavy on cut scenes and learning the world and your character's story. I'm still going to sneak some For Honor time in every morning though. Even if it's just to fill some daily orders for Steel.

The machines are dangerous. I'm playing on hard and holy crap. This is not a guns a blazing environment. It's scary and you have to be careful. I died a bunch at one part and gave up. I may have to drop to normal. I had read the game was on the easy side but I'm not so sure.

JB or others, what difficulty you using and how does it feel? I normally use Normal like I would on Uncharted and maybe I should drop down.

I am quite bad at this game. I've died a lot and my kids were laughing at me. Dropped down to normal. I would prefer a mini map as opposed to a Skyrim map indicator. In the snow I can't see my reticule. The first hard dinosaur I died a ton. Finished the Proving (which was quite underwhelming given the build up) and I'm dying a ton after this. The story is very interesting though. Still very early in the game. I'm just getting started.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I am quite bad at this game. I've died a lot and my kids were laughing at me. Dropped down to normal. I would prefer a mini map as opposed to a Skyrim map indicator. In the snow I can't see my reticule. The first hard dinosaur I died a ton. Finished the Proving (which was quite underwhelming given the build up) and I'm dying a ton after this. The story is very interesting though. Still very early in the game. I'm just getting started.
    Stealth is your friend. This is a "thinking man's" game. What I do before every encounter: (1) find tall grass to hide; (2) use my focus to see what all i am up against and figure out how to exploit the enemies weakness(es); (3) stealth around and take out as many as I can or lay a ton of wire traps to shock them into stunned state when its time to fight.

I've only died 3 times thus far (all were early on before I started playing slow) but I'm playing on the default/normal. This game just isn't made for shoot up the dinosaurs - at least not yet at some point I may up the difficulty level if I become to powerful.

I am going to play more tonight hopefully. I try to reserve my early morning for For Honor.

Parts of this game are overwhelming. I go to a merchant and they have all these things I can buy. So many weapons and things and I have no clue if they are better than what I have or how useful they are. The inventory system and resources confuses me a bit.